Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immersion thermostat - Advice Guidance

Options
  • 20-05-2024 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Good Afternoon everyone.

I'm just looking for some advice guidance. I've am trying to replace the thermostat in my immersion. It currently has a sunvic vkl 2301 stat installed and I've gotten a TESLA DUAL SAFETY THERMOSTAT 11" to replace it but it won't fit correctly. Its not the length its the shape of the controller ontop is slightly different and is hitting/blocked by one of the terminals on the immersion itself.

Does the Stat need to sit fully in the sleeve of the immersion? I could leave it sitting out above the terminal

Should i replace like for like? - Get a Sunvic Vkl 2301. if so is there anywhere in Ireland i could order n one from or does anyone know where i can get one? I've found https://www.heatrodshop.com/product/sunvic-vkl2301 but its costing €40 for delivery to Ireland.

Any other suggestions or advice is also welcome. Should i just replace the entire element?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭John.G

It should be OK, just ensure that the immersion cover can be properly secured.

Advertisement