Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mirrors

Options
  • 21-05-2024 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hi all,

No matter what way I adjust my mirrors all I see is my arms. Can anyone recommend a pair of long stem (10mm) mirrors (1995 Yamaha).

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭enrique66_35

You can get extenders (like this - https://www.motorcycleshop.ie/mirror-extender-10mm-mrumnt08-3781-p.asp ) but any I tried in the past seemed to like vibrating loose eventually leading to the mirror swinging into you arm at an inopportune moment😏

Worth a shot if the alternative is having no rear view at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭gerarda

Thanks, will give them a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Widows Son

Check that one of those mirrors is not a left hand thread going into the mount. I seem to recall an issue like that on a stripped thread on a yamaha of that vintage .

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭dubal2008

I have the 10mm extensions on my MT07 and it makes a big difference, never came loose but it is a matter of spending time to adjust the mirror position to get a view on both sides still with 15% of my arms in view

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Timfy

Whilst not the most aesthetically pleasing solution, have you considered bar end mirrors?

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I've had similar on my bikes and they never loosen. I have to fold my mirrors every time I store my bike, so sometimes they move when I'm on the road if I forgot to thighen them properly, but the extenders are rock solid.

Advertisement