Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Bicycle Allowed in a Skip?

Options
  • 21-05-2024 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I would appreciate if someone can confirm this. Can I put broken bicycles in a hired skip? Does bicycle fall under metal? I am aware they don't accept tires but bicycle and tire are made todagther isn't?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i've regularly seen them put in skips.

depending on where you live, it might not last long in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

They take them in for free at the local recycling centre in most places.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I put one in a skip in our drive a couple of months ago, it vanished overnight. The bike that is!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭User567363

They are mostly metal, bring it to a dump and ask them how much they will give you for it

I cleaned out the garage and they didnt charge me anything at the dump because there was 3 bicycles and a few lawnmower bits in the trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭GSBellew

If there is a scrap merchants near you & you have a few other bits you could make some money by weighing the scrap in.

Otherwise there shouldn't really be an issue with it in a hired skip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Anything metal I would usually but on the footpath and it would be gone by the end of the day. I prefer this because it gets recycled rather than the landfill

Advertisement