Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me remember the title of this book please! - Possible Spoilers

Options
  • 21-05-2024 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

It’s a chick lit book about a woman who has quite a high powered job somewhere in the UK and is incredibly career orientated.

She either quits or loses her job.

She lives with a female flatmate who is dating her ex boyfriend. The relationship between the woman and her ex is acrimonious.

She decides to go travelling and she has a list of tasks that she wants to complete (have a one night stand, do something out of your comfort zone etc).

She starts in India (I think) and while on a train she meets a handsome American whom she becomes friends with. Her belongings are also robbed on the train.

She keeps in touch with the American and meets up with him again in Hong Kong.

She visits her mother in New York and makes friends with some people there.

She tries to visit a reclusive children’s writer whom she loved when she was young (her father who she hasn’t seen in years used to read her his work).

At some point the flat mate and her ex come meet her in a destination (that I cannot remember) and I think she starts to make peace with the ex, at one point they get stranded after a day out diving.

She goes to Las Vegas and towards the end of the book volunteers at an orphanage somewhere.

Advertisement