Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise car hire

Options
  • 21-05-2024 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I hired a van from enterprise van hire in tallaght , on picking it up a staff member showed me how to access the key etc

There was a major dent in the side of the van and the staff member pointed out that it was logged to a previous rental and not to worry about it , I natively didn't take pics

Returned the van a few hrs later after an uneventful journey , only to receive an email later stating that I caused damage to the van . I replied stating I didn't , but they insist I am responsible

Legally where do I stand?

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

Usually damage is marked on the paper they give you

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Just to let you know, this is posted in the wrong forum.

If you contact a moderator they'll move it to the correct one.

I hope you get sorted without having to go legal.

Enterprise have a good reputation and if it's escalated I'd expect a satisfactory outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭cml387

Did you check that it was marked on the damage map on the hire documents? Also post this in the Legal Discussion forum for a better response.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Brickie777

They gave me no documents , I was only hiring for a couple of hrs so the girl in the office advised me to join enterprise club which she signed me up to

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭knockoutned

How was the van actually booked for? Typically with the car club, you book the type of vehicle and the hours required on the app on your phone, as this is what you need to unlock your chosen vehicle.

Once inside and before you leave, you would record any damage on the van either through the app or calling a call centre. Where you shown this by the person at the location?

• Advertisement

The agent set me up on car club and directed me to a car park where there was also an office , I asked the guys in the office to assist me in accessing the key as I am unfamiliar with the service , he was helpfull and pointed out the damage to the van andcsaid not to worry as it had been logged , now they seem to be claiming i did it in emails

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭knockoutned

Something is not adding up. The whole idea of the car club is that it is an automated system, managed through the app. To end the rental, you have to lock the car with your phone. The same as opening it.

When you returned the van, what was the process? Did staff perform a walk around and print you receipt or how did you drop it back and close out the rental ?

I have been renting cars and van for years and I have never rented one by email. It’s always through an app or the rental companies website. I would ask them for a copy of the email as this does not make sense to me.

On returning the van , I took it back to where I collected it , put key in the holder in glovebox and ended journey on phone app as instructed, I then called into office beside car park , and showed them the app to make sure I had done everything correctly, which I had , and that was it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moderator post:

Moved from the Dispute Resolution forum to Legal Discussion.

-Shield

Advertisement