Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Done Deal : Item delivered before having to pay?

• 22-05-2024 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all

Apologies if not the right forum. I am new to Done deal, but saw something that looked lovely and I considered purchasing. Worth about 600e.

Contacted the seller - and they advised, while I could view the item ( on the other side of the country), they would be happy to deliver to me, for me to inspect, and only then decide if I wanted to accept based on the quality.

Anyone heard of this 'option' before? Seems like an individual who has alot of items to sale on the site….

Thanks

RM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭XsApollo

private sale people can sell items how they like.

If item is as described and they are willing to ship it to you so you can see it and pay after then what have you got to lose.?

Now if they were asking for the money before you viewed then that’s a different matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭drury..

Seems highly unusual to ship a 600e item like that

Maybe that's how they get the sales volume up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Seems to good to be true. If they are happy to bring it to you, without any cash in advance, I cannot see how you can be scammed.

As long as they don't ask for anything and you can check the item thoroughly before money changes hands, I would go for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭antocann

I take it it's either a bed or sofa ? If so with sellers on done deal etc it's common .

Cash on delivery and not an ounce of warranty

Advertisement