Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Probates 2024

Options
  • 22-05-2024 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all,

We are purchasing a house in Dublin - the probate was applied for in early December (we think)

We are unable to get any answers from anyone as to why its taking so long. at this stage, it is 24/25 weeks when the probate website said 18 weeks. The vendors solicitor is not providing any detail as to the nature of the query (which was raised over 4 weeks ago) which is frustrating to say the least & the probate office cannot speak to you unless you are the vendors solicitor.

from my own research, it really does seem that the vendors solicior can help speed things along with the probate office. For example, courts.ie have issued the probates which have been granted & I can see some people who have passed away in February 2024 have probates through in such a short space of time! Also to note, this is a simple estate (nothing complicated about the case) already a probate for deceased mother (now need one for father)

I have read that 19,000 out of 21,000 of probates from 2023 were granted & wonder what the hell is going on really!!

I have also seen people posting their own experiences saying their wife is going on mat leave and needed to draw down etc - can anyone provide any information on where we can go because we are faced with severe delays and no answers!!

Advertisement