Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luggage recommendations??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks!

• How are these suitcases with a heavy load? I normally have to check in 32kg (or a bit more) and find many suitcases wheels can't cope.

The two wheelers instead of four tend to be better

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I have a large Tripp 4 wheeler that did a two month trip with 30kg and there were no problems with the wheels

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Great thank you.

I'm just back from a trip and the suitcase is on its last legs so will have to replace it

• I had messaged tripp and they replied today saying their cases are only designed for up to 25kg, so might keep looking elsewhere

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I got a Tripp suitcase before and the zip split the first time I took it away. The case arrived out on the carosel in Dublin wide open. Only the straps kept my stuff from going everywhere. And no, the case was not overpacked. Tripp refunded me the cost of the case but I'd be reluctant to use them again. I use a Samsonite Neopulse Spinner now for checked luggage and a Samsonite S'Cure Spinner for hand luggage (when I need to bring more than a backpack) and have had zero trouble with either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I am a fan of American Tourister. They are owned by Samsonite but without the hefty price tag

They are about medium price in the range of luggage and mine has plenty of scratches but wheels and zips are perfect, very impressed

Advertisement