Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE King & Queen of the Ring, May 25th 2024

Options
  • 23-05-2024 9:04am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Don't see a thread for this so I'll create one now.

Current Match Card:

Cody Rhodes VS Logan Paul - Undisputed WWE Championship

Becky Lynch VS Liv Morgan - WWE Women's World Championship

Sami Zayn VS Chad Gable VS Bronson Reed - Triple Threat Match for WWE Intercontinental Championship

Lyra Valkyrie VS Nia Jax - Queen of the Ring Finals

Gunther VS Randy Orton - King of the Ring Finals

5 matches again, similar to last month's event in France. I don't think the crowd will be as hot though given past Saudi shows.

Post edited by Necro on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Winners of King and Queen of the Ring will get title shots at Summerslam

• Registered Users Posts: 86,240 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Orton vs. Cody at Summerslam or Gunther vs. Damien?

https://x.com/TripleH/status/1793701796042482171

Nothing for the tag champs or SD women's champ Bayley

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Truth and Miz defended on Raw there. Tbf Bayley had a triple threat in Paris so now it's Becky's turn. Triple H seems to like the smaller cards to give the matches time...

The only match that looks like it could have a title change is Becky vs. Liv, maybe The Judgement Day or just Dom helping Liv win

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

In best Hermione voice

It's Lyra Valkyria

Queen of the Valkyries has a nice ring to it. Though she seems to have less feathers these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

I wonder if Punk wasn’t injured would he have sucked a blood money covered dick this weekend.

Regards,

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Most likely.

Could you blame him tho? Of course morals and ethics can be mentioned. But take Chris Jericho, don't know how true it is, but I read he got paid 100k for 10 minutes work for the battle royale in 2018 in Saudi. Can we really blame him? Or Goldberg and his 2 million paycheck?

I think such a topic will be met with hypocrisy in truth. Easy for people on the outside looking in, to condemn someone's choice, but given the choice themselves... would they not do the same..

True

Sami Zayn once refused to work the events put there and now he's in one of the top matches of the event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Sami never refused, He wasn’t granted a visa and was blocked by the Saudi Government at the time due to tensions between Syria and Saudi the first time they were there. The WWE also out of respect for there paymasters didn’t bring Sami on other occasions while those tensions were still there. Those issues between the countries ended early last year hence why Sami went last year.

Regards,

p.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭ThePott

Liv with the Oops I Did It Again ring gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,629 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Becky looking outrageously cool.

Decent if predictable finish. Liv needs the belt more than Becky and the Rhea/Dom story makes this more interesting. Was it an accident by Dom though?

Makes me think Lyra won't take it later though, not sure Liv/Lyra is the match for Summerslam really.

That triple threat slapped. Clothesline by Otis looked like murder too. Great match for Bronson too.

Double German suplex was crazy. Thought Gable might get the nod there but it's definitely coming soon. Love how he's now getting the Kurt Angle treatment with the You Suck chants in his music. Suits his character nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Lyra is never having kids after that banzai drop.

Think when he splits from the Alpha Academy they might give him a new theme that suits the You Suck chants a bit more.

That match was decent, had some good spots, made Lyra look well overall and a decent ending. Queen Nia could be fun tbh. As said I've before I've turned the corner on Nia since her return so appy to see where it goes.

• Advertisement

I agree, Nia is much more solid in the ring since her return, also the erm... let's say controversial views she had on certain things seem to be gone now with the whole born again Christian thing.

I wouldn't mind seeing her get another run with the title actually.

That Annihilator was absolutely sick too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Becky and Lyra losing. Not a good night for the parish.

This should be good. Don't mind who wins but feel Gunther needs it a little more.

Good match that, finish looked a little sloppy though. Camera angle really didn't help them, with one of Orton's shoulders clearly off the mat😅

Wouldn't have minded Randy/Cody at Summerslam but Gunther getting the win is still good. Could be Drew/Gunther at that point or god knows. Wonder if they might change his title shot to Bash in Berlin.

His shoulder was a mile off the mat but it looks like they're acknowledging it at least (not that I'd have much option given how obvious it was).

Isn't the Bash in Berlin after SummerSlam too...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Paul taking the sportswashing to the next level being decked out in Saudi colours.

Oh snap didn't even realise that, you're right. Gunther winning a rematch in Berlin maybe.

Hard to predict where it all goes. Drew wins in Glasgow? Assume we're getting Punk/Drew at Summerslam. Drew wins? Not sure it we'd get Punk/Gunther. Although someone could cash in too after MITB.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Cody Rhodes eats **** on a big spot while his opponent takes a completely safe bump is my favourite genre of pro wrestling, and that announce table Cody cutter is the latest installment.

• Advertisement

Camera work for that frog splash through the announce table was class. Logan Paul is a ridiculous athlete though. Can't stand him or his YouTube stuff but it's undeniable really.

Advertisement