Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nord Anglia Dublin IBDP

Options
  • 23-05-2024 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Good morning…

I'm looking for IB schools in Ireland and Nord Anglia in Dublin sounds to be a very good choice according to what we can read on their web site ;)

I was wondering if anybody could share any opinions about this school to help us to take the right decision: we are from Italy and planning to move to Ireland for a couple of years… our son should join Year 11, the one they call IB-DP1.

I thank you in advance for any suggestion you could share with us :)

Tagged:

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Caquas

St. Andrews have offered IB for many years and their fees are around €10K. per year.

Very few Irish students do the IB because it is far easier to get into Irish Universities with the Leaving Cert. due to its rampant grade inflation which got further out of control during COVID.

The IB is a far superior course of study, particularly because it requires students to take a balanced mix of subjects and there is far more emphasis of cognitive development. As you will be staying in Ireland for only a couple of years, I hope you don’t have to subject your son to the Leaving Cert. which, after 100 years of independence, has become what our great patriotic leader and educationalist, Padraig Pearse, defined as a “murder machine”

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There don't appear to be any Department of Education inspection reports available, which is odd if it has been open since 2018.

It may not be registered as a school. I can't find any clear information on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Caquas

The school receives no state funding and does not follow the State curriculum so the Department has no role. The fees are far higher as a result.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

OK, thank you.

Advertisement