Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing home in north Dublin for person with high medical dependencies

Options
  • 23-05-2024 11:21am

This person would need a wound that will never heal cleaned daily plus they have neurological problems

and cannot walk. They also need to be turned in their bed every two hours.

Does such a nursing home exist and can an old person get such lofty needs met in a nursing home or what is the alternative?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭the14thwarrior

of course any nursing home can tend to these needs. However finding one that suits your budget, private, public, and you are happy can be challenging. It must be said a lot of private nh don't want high dependency clients, because they can cherry pick the less dependent ones, but these days that has a changed a lot.

the issues you mention are not that high dependent many nh perform these tasks as routine for their clients. There are clients with higher needs that you mention, its routine and standard. Not lofty at all.

in my opinion, the HSE NH are better staffed, HIQA etc. and because they cannot refuse clients (and private NH can), they do end up with a larger cohort of higher dependent/needs.And thus more experience and better staff. I would not hesitate to recommend st. marys in the park, cuan ros on navan road are the two public ones.

i have good knowledge of NH. there are only a bear few that I would use for your needs.

and it must be said, the higher the dependency, the higher the costs in some cases, so you won't have to pay for hidden extras in the public NH.

Advertisement