Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panel Interview to job Offer

Options
  • 23-05-2024 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,

I recently attended an interview with a council and I received an email from them mentioning I am 1st on the panel list and they will contact me when there is an opportunity. It's been 2 weeks since that email and haven't heard anything from them yet.

My query is about the next step. Is there anything to be done from my side? Can we know if there is an opportunity or is it too early to get a notification regarding a job?

Appreciate your help !!

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭jonnybangbang

Hi Neazoilamb. There is nothing for you to do now until the council get in contact with you. So just keep an eye on your emails for notification. They will probably send you an email stating that your position has been reached , offering you a position and asking if you are willing to take it up and will ask you to respond to email with your answer. How long should you wait… how long is a piece of string. But i would leave it another couple of weeks anyway and no harm in emailing them then.

I'm looking at this from the point of the civil service where i have some experience but i imagine it is the same in the public service.

Congratulations on passing the interview btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 neazoilamb

Hi Jonnybangbang,

It is for the first time that I am going through this particular system of recruitment process so I was making sure that there is everything completed from my side.

Thank you for the reply. This is helpful.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod: Moved from Newbies & FAQ to Work & Jobs.

-Shield

Advertisement