Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Report post button doesnt work on a Laptop

Options
  • 23-05-2024 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭

The report post button is no longer working on the site on my laptop.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,242 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is there any error message? You can try report your own post here if you want to test.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I'm on the desktop version right now and it worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 29,356 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I got a weird error trying to report a post on a 'stuck' thread yesterday on mobile.

When the thread eventually rolled over to new page I could report it ok.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just worked OK for me

• Registered Users Posts: 82,299 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

Hi all! Just touching base on this. Please see the response from Vanilla below:

"I've tested this in different browsers with the test account Vanilla Forums that have the same roles as the user Annasopra but still unable to replicate this. 

Please can you follow up with the user(s) that are reporting this to let us know whether they are still experiencing this issue and if so, the following information would be helpful:

1. Which threads they are seeing this in;
    2. Are they seeing the issue for both Discussions and Comments or only one of the two;
    3. Which operating systems are they using;
    4. Which browser(s) are they using?"

Tagging @beer enigma as they had similar issues. Trying to keep all the info together.

Thanks all!

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Terry Pratchet

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement