Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap number for Google, Whatsapp, & Telegram SMS verification?

Options
  • 24-05-2024 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I know there are websites that offer numbers free to use from different countries for SMS verification but even if I find one that has not already been used by the service I want to used with or blacklisted by Google etc. I will also need to be able to use the number in the future if prompted to verify, or for two factor authentication, and these free services cannot be relied upon for this.

Google offer free numbers for US accounts, which I think would work with other services but you need a US number in the first place to register for a US account. I managed to find a way to register an account without a US number in the past but it was not long before the account started to prompt me for one in order to use it.

Burner and Textnow offer free or cheap numbers but using a VPN was not enough to get these to work and/or Google rejected the numbers.

Is there a reliable cheap service I can use for this? With a second number I probably would not need a Google Voice number, but an option for this would be a bonus, unless much cheaper to get the number in Ireland or the EU.

Advertisement