Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last minute French ferry, Crit'Air required?

Options
  • 24-05-2024 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking at a last minute ferry trip tomorrow to Cherbourg and probably over to Brittany West Coast. Do i need a Crit'Air sticker and how do I go about getting one last minute? Seems you need to order online but that wouldn't allow me time for delivery. Can you get them over there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

You won't need the sticker if just driving from Cherbourg towards Brittany and around the Brittany area. The requirement is only for certain larger cities, and none in that area.

One of many places online where you can find the list of where it's actually needed (and in your case, you can ignore how it says 'Don't forget the sticker'!):

https://www.eta.co.uk/2023/08/10/driving-to-france-dont-forget-the-critair-emissions-sticker-for-your-car/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Just in case you do go near one of the cities that require a cert, you can order one now and they'll email a temp cert within a day that you can print out

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭The Ging and I

I would not worry about it. Stay out of big cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

For anyone who's wondering, my cert arrived today after ordering on the 23rd May

So 13 business days to arrive, although since it's France the office probably only opened for 4 hours Tue-Thurs, closed all other days 😂

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement