Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale McMillian Bros Tubb 2000

Options
  • 24-05-2024 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Location Dublin

I am including the following items
    - The Warner rear sight system, plus Tubbs front ladder sight,
    - Pelican 1700 Hard case
    - Barrel vice and Key
    - A few barrels .308 (Palma with 1-13 twist) 308 with 1-10 twist and 6mmBr
    - A number of 10 shot Magazine plus single shot block

Serial Number of the Rifle is unique 0308

Since this Rifle was last listed, I have not shot it, so same information applies.

The total price for this Rifle and equipment is E5,000.00.

Would be happy to speak with any interested parties, will sell Dealer to Dealer

I have not used the Rifle and the Rds count is still the same as mentioned below.

The Rifle is in perfect condition; it really is a lovely piece of kit and is unique in many ways. It has a polymer piston system which you can change to increase or decrease felt recoil, which can be an advantage when shooting light loads at high velocity. If anybody has any questions, please feel free to contact me.There is a Palma barrel 31' 1-13 twist with it, which has had less then 200 factory rounds fired through it. The 6mmBr barrel has had less, 6mmBr barrel is 23' 1-7 twist a perfect 300 meter system, and the standard .308 1-10 twist has had 250 rounds.

The TUBB 2000 was designed by David Tubb, a top US shooter in Silhouette shooting as well as service rifle. At the time of this design which he worked in collaboration with Ron McMillan he designed it for the 3 position, which is standing siting and Prone positions. For most people this is what shooting is about, not static and more natural. The culmination was the the Tubb 2000. In service Rifle it is challenges a number of things, time is one of them, you have to shoot 10 shoots in 60 seconds at 200 yards while sitting, and so on. To do this you need a reliable rifle which is engineered to precision and this is what McMillan Master gun smiths have done.

It is a fantastic Rifle for 3 position, with all elements indexed, it also has flexibility built in. Subsequent to this design there was a shift in the manufacturing process of accureate and robust firearm manafactureing. Where by ridigety of the action and stock increased accuracy through the design of integration. It is very accurate.

If any one wishes to have a chat please don't hesitate to contact me I would be glad to talk. Anyone interested in taking up Silhouette Shooting there is a Training course being given in the Cork region in first couple of weeks in June.

Regards

Nicholas

Post edited by NicholasF on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭hawlk

Are the barrels chambered if so for what action and what length

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NicholasF

Hi All the barrels are chambered for 6mm Br as well as 308, they are chambered for the McMillian Action in the photo, it is very easy to switch barrels, this can be done in minutes.

Nicholas

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NicholasF

Hi Hawlk

Just to clarify the question on Chambering, the Tubb 2000 has two types of feeding mechanism one is a Magazine which feeds in and is suited for cross the course competition shooting as well as a single loading block. The barrels are individually chambered for two different rounds the standard 308 win, and there is also a 6mmBr barrel chambered for 6mm Br, the length of this barrel is 23' so it is quit compact, it has a 1-7 twist so it is pretty fast. One of the 308 barrels is chambered as mentioned for 308 and is 31' long and has a 1-13 Twist, so it is perfect for the like of Bisley competition shooting as well as out to 1300 yards.

I hope this help's with you question, if you have any more please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Nicholas

Advertisement