Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do the Navy want in an interview??

Options
  • 24-05-2024 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm posting this in the hopes that someone in the know will see this. My little brother is trying to get into the Irish navy, he's wanted to do it his whole life, he's mad about boats and dreams of becoming a naval engineer like our granddad. He wants to get in as a Cadet. He's not too good with his words and has to think before he responds a lot but he's passionate about wanting to join. The issue is that he has taken the exam for the Navy twice now and failed both times. The first time he hadn't done any prep and thought he could get by on his usual fitness and failed both the practical and the interview but this time he aced the physical exam and was told in the interview that he "had it in the bag" by the interviewer only to be emailed the next day to be told he had failed! The Navy recruitment site is very vague on the kind of questions and responses they want in order to join, he'd prepared answers about why he wanted to join and what he could bring to the organisation but it obviously wasn't what they wanted to hear. Long story short, my question is: does anybody know what the hell the Navy want in terms of answers in the interview stage? The questions they asked him "how do you feel about working under pressure, working as a team and motivation". They provided the definition of each and asked for two examples of each which he provided.

Answers

Advertisement