Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,180 ✭✭✭pgj2015

When you hear English sounding people on the radio say things like we are Irish we ………….. or we don't want that in this country because ……… You hear this quiet a lot in my opinion. its weird, like I wouldn't move to England and claim I am English, just because you live in Ireland now, doesn't make you Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Had to google that to be sure what you were talking about.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Highlighter75

People calling Czech Republic, Czechia.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,356 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Mark English... Irish Olympian. Double take TA.

Wondering what did foreign football fans make of seeing (Stephen) Ireland on the teamsheet for Ireland.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Its Summer middle of June and its so cold I'm thinking of lighting a fire?

And… just looking at new films on Amazon Prime - I didn't realise there were that many films with an IMDB rating of less than 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Cleaning the slimy, sludgy mess from the shower drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,559 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I've a friend who's married to somebody from there. He doesn't use either of those terms. He'd say "We're going to Czech for a week". Of course, I have to respond with something like "Will it take that long to make sure?". 😉

My major annoyance is that I'm stuck in (or on) bed because of the infection in my leg, but it's better than the other option the doctor gave, i.e. a hospital stay. I've had to cancel plans for going to a gig at the weekend, but the idea of using public transport to get home to Newbridge from the RDS on a Sunday night wasn't appealing either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A genuinely distressed grandmother pouring her heart out to me, bc one of her grandkids has an easily preventable, common condition which is covered in the govt vax plan.

We are now on round 10 over 3 days as to why scientists aren't working on a cure for it!!!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Also, a ta, that I can't complain to her that there isn't a lot of research on a cure for sld's, which are not easily preventable, either.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Story in the paper today about a woman who took her 7 year old with learning difficulties to see Pink in London, and was - rightly - asked to leave as he was nor behaving himself.

This is NOT the kid's fault in any way whatsoever but the a) the parent taking a kid with sensory issues to a rock concert - he would have been traumatised by it, not enjoying it - very wrong; b) her not caring about those round her who have paid hundreds to see the gig and c) going to the papers shaming the concert staff who did their jobs.

When did parental responsibility stop being a thing ???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,386 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

How Americans tend to pronounce Edinburgh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Haircut booked in for 4pm. So the anxiety starts now. I hate hairdressers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

Just keep on thinking how nice it will be after. I spent nearly four hours in one last week and it was torture. I hate them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,425 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I feel so sorry for that kid. Must of been a horrible and stressful situation for them. Shame on that mother for making him endure that, she should of known better.

Kind of sounds like the parents that don't book seats on flights but expect others who have paid for particular seats to move to accommodate them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Front door open for less than a minute, bluebottle invites itself in. 😡

I don't have kids but i cried for that wee man - he must have felt so overwhelmed and the mother was like "he's such a big fan". So selfish.

TA - when that happens and you go "right Mr Fly, you dont pay rent so out you go sonny!" as the gardener is just outside and he thinks you've lost it!

Not that it happened to me or anything…twice!!! ☺️

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You've only lost it if you expect a reply from the bluebottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm only posting this here because I was reading this thread when I got TA by an advert that covered the whole screen.

What is even more TA is that after it happened twice I can't replicate it again to do a screen shot to prove it happened :-(

I'd say that day is probably coming soon at my age!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I'm not really TA'd by the eyelashes but the lips and nose and sometimes around the eyes is, to me, usually noticeable and usually not an improvement. Natural is better in, I'd say 90% of the situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,901 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching the Germany / Hungary game and I thought Hungary scored , great I thought . But it’s Germany in the funny colours 😡 . Sorry @thomil

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

The last 10% of a project. Especially a tedious project. It's just hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

There's a bird in the trees behind my house making noises that sound exactly like a Predator. It's starting to give me the anxiety.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

Varadker hoofed it and now Ryan has done the same. Pair of cowards. People are saying EM is a man of principles and morals, if that was true he would have stuck around and taken what he had coming to him. Whatever happened to the captain going down with his ship, the general leading his troops into battle?

You would have to wonder how much these two ever really cared for their parties when they can without a care just run off and leave them in the **** when the going gets tough.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - Can we leave the political stuff for either the CA or Politics forum please?
    Let's keep to the spirit of the thread, which is for trivial annoyances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

The bridal couple that thought it good timing to travel along a dual carriageway with their horse drawn cart during peak time. The traffic was even stopped to let them go first. Should have been shot on the spot.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's probably a jay. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_jay

There are two audio files of the calls under 'Description'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Charlo30

People who use the expression "Give your head a wobble."

Advertisement