Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

I’m due to fly in a few weeks - two returns in just over a week and I suspect this thread may have a few additions!

Airports are full of very annoying people!!! Your scenario there is especially irritating!!!

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

No, not anywhere near a concert venue 😁. The greens are all mostly empty around me except for dog walkers; kids are non existent or inside; and maybe the odd few teenage whisky drinkers it seems. Lovely evening for a few drinks outside and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,356 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

May not be teenagers... could be someone trying to hide their drinking from those at home and stashed it. Maybe they thought better of it or someone stumbled onto it.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,141 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

coming in from the shop about 15 minutes ago, to see my neighbour loading in her loud annoying mates into her place…so I know what to expect later… quiet night in with a movie was my anticipation but, I’m probably syncing the bluetooth headphones to the TV…I can’t endure any ‘AM roaring’ or cûntish carry on tonight / morning .

One amusing aside was the let’s say ‘rural one’ turning up since to their place for a Saturday night get together, complete with GAA shorts, old golf shirt, a slice pan and some sort of packed meat slices and drinks... all being balanced perilously in his arms walking up the road as he obviously didn’t want to pay for a bag….

These are the sort of goons I have for neighbours…. And their mates. Ffs. Headphones synced. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤌🏻 let it begin 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

A friend who cycles quite a bit was telling me that boy racers when passing him rev the engine to cover him with a cloud of exhaust. Hoon bolloxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

A screw came out of my glasses earlier and the lens popped out. Normally not an issue as I have a spare pair & the appropriate screwdriver at home.

Except that I’m not at home now.

What is it with empty beer cans dumped on the road? Are people drinking at the wheel and tossing their cans or is it the passengers?

If I swipe right on my android phone home screen I get a load of clickbait "The Sun" quality articles like Ryan Tubridy in Ireland for the weekend. It's like we have devolved with The Sunday World built into these amazing technical devices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,356 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Hmm.. if there's no other rubbish dumped nearby and it's not an area likely to have teenagers etc drinking on the QT then that sounds like the explanation alright.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

My TA is in the last couple of years the huge numbers of my neighbours who bought dogs.

Some loud, undertrained, annoying barkathon yokes.

A quiet Sunday, warm with all windows open and relaxing ?

That would have been nice but the dog my neighbour has in the last 30 minutes has set all the others off, again!

The neighbour himself, early 30’s is sat outside, on a deck chair, in a vest with what looks like his mother’s old sun hat on, reading, oblivious to the big hairy yoke feet away, running around and barking at, well everything ..🤷🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

When I hear a song that I like and the song ends just before I can Shazam it to check the name and artist..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Into the 3rd day of this headache, and I only have myself to blame: when I'm super-stressed about something - as I am right now - I clench my jaw really hard in my sleep and that's causing it.

No point in trying a gumshield either - I clench, not grind, and they actually just allow me to do it even harder.

Le sigh.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

DH, sometimes this works - put a pencil across your mouth a bit like a horse's bite (when you're awake, obvs), as far back as you can, and hold it with your teeth for a few minutes, it'll force the clenched muscles to relax (or to move differently).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,307 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The smell of Lynx Deodorant.

Vile stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I have an aer Lingus flight booked in 2 weeks, heading to UK for exams, and not sure whether to buy Ryanair flight just in case!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My cousin is an Aer Lingus pilot. Half of them have their own summer holidays booked and are as keen to get this sorted as everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭maebee

I very much welcome the summer but the one thing about it that I absolutely hate is the buzzing sound of flies trapped in my house. I have one of these in every room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

My sympathy lies with the pilots, no increase in 5 years and Aerlingus made 255 million in profits last year - they should give them a decent increase, I just hope they do it fast :-)

• Advertisement

on the subject of deodorant/antiperspirant I’m doing a stock replenishment later and seeing on Boots website that one of my regularly favoured products is now €7.49 ‘per can’…€22.47 for 3 cans of 250ml antiperspirant…. Ermmmmm 🤐

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

TA that I got stung by a bee yesterday :(

Swifties.

Bland beige boring fans of bland beige boring music.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,307 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Was out spinning on my bike yesterday and decided to pick up a few bits in a shopping centre as I was passing one.

When I got home I noticed my indicator was broken.

I'm assuming it happened when I was in the shopping centre as that was the only time the bike was out of my sight 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You should hide your reg @blade1.

My TA is the dead heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

My pain meds make me drowsy and so I’m having an afternoon nap. I’m old..!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Said women invariably always seem to wear sunglasses when driving them too, no matter the weather.

My TA: I am fairly certain that I had a mild anxiety attack last night overthinking about a life-changing event happening in a few months. The hangover didn't help but was definitely uncomfortable to experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

The swing from cold to hot to cold and back means half the country is dosed.

the clown taxi driver that took up both set down / drop off / pick up bays at the gym earlier, bad enough one but he parked across both of them when I was going in. I left about 80 minutes later or whatever, the car was parked in the same position but the driver had disappeared… very doubtful that he was suffering any mechanical issues because initially the engine was running…..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

At a meeting people not only coming in late but interrupting the person who is speaking and won't stop talking. Happened to me tonight. I just wanted to strangle her.

Advertisement