Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

When there are muppets with shopping trolleys clogging up the basket self-checkout area of a supermarket which has a dedicated self-checkout area for trolleys - staff equally to blame for not directing said trolley muppets to the right area. Rolling my eyes as they try to balance a full trolley load of groceries on the small scale/shelf designed for basket-type quantities of food….

• Registered Users Posts: 13,901 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Yeah , some of them are great , but the shock on their faces when someone hits a note is tiresome .

• Registered Users Posts: 30,471 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The program makes me think there's something wrong with my emotions.

I'm like it's grand but not shocked and amazed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

TA people who have little to moan about so they make mountains out of molehills just to have some (imaginary) perceived slight against them .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

woken up by a neighbours alarm…. Wasn’t ultra early…. about 10.45.

But you could hear them at their back or side door which set the thing off, obviously forgetting it was set …. They are generally not known for their stealth or timing as relates to their noise footprint which they should be, as it’s been politely stated on the residents whatsapp on a few occasions…..but Sunday morning 🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Archeron

Do you accept tracking cookies?

No

Can we know your location?

No

Can we send you notifications?

No

Will you subscribe to our newsletter?

No

Will you donate money monthly?

No

Can we send people to your house to hide in the bushes and look in your windows?

No. And now I don't remember why I came here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Ever since they took away the foil and paper wrapper, the pleasure of opening a KitKat is ruined

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

@It wasnt me123 , here you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

Any tv show which is based around antiques. They bore me to tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Me too! thank you to Kingslayer and @NewHome for pointing me in the right direction. TA'd that since they changed the layout of Boards there's nothing but troubles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Burnt popcorn. More specifically, the smell of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

dancing. and it doesn't just annoy me, it makes my skin crawl.

to be fair, other people dancing doesn't bother me in the slightest; i absolutely hate dancing and loathe people trying to pull me onto a dance floor. i've zero rhythm, for a start; i dance like a dead pig being electrocuted, but there's something about it which makes me really uncomfortable. maybe a little like fear of public speaking for others, albeit dancing is not something i'm afraid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,482 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That guy in the IKEA advert on the radio.

First off, the accent. Obvious he ain't Swedish and just doing a dodgy accent.

Second, trying to make a 'day out' at IKEA sound like being at a fun park. Normalising consumerism.

I'm sure my kids would have a great day out shopping for bookshelves and ultra minimalist kitchens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Special offers (2 for €3) for products that have different flavours but won't allow you mix and match.

2 strawberry are fine but 1 strawberry and 1 raspberry aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

Yes and when they don't make it clear enough and you end up paying full price at the till without realising.

That it’s a bank holiday , in the north at least , and my afternoon tv is all changed .
    The English show no consideration for me . If it’s not bank holidays its horse racing , and they cancel Lingo and Tipping Point . At least the Chase is still on !

• Registered Users Posts: 29,356 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Was an even bigger TA when the Championship playoff final used to be scheduled for their holiday Monday.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,307 ✭✭✭✭blade1

TA at the length of time it takes to charge an electric toothbrush.

TA at waking up and the first thing to be dealt with is another phishing scam on social media.

have an appointment with my dental hygienist tomorrow…. She has a peculiar personality. You enter the room, sit down, some small talk but it’s almost like in the beginning to her you are a long lost best friend, who she hasn’t seen in ages. It’s a bit OTT….. and a bit false if I’m honest…..I find myself asking stuff like if she’s been on holidays and I don’t really care but anyway I feel like I should reciprocate….

However, the odd occasion she’s finding something that she is unimpressed with like on one occasion she figured I wasn’t flossing enough or hard enough and she went from almost wanting to give me a cuddle at the start of the consultation to being quite unfriendly and practically wanting to kneecap me… just do your job, problem… ? TELL ME….., I’ll pay you, next time, we do it all again…

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

There used to be a barber, in my village, who was (in)famous for the small talk. Once a man went in on his lunch break, the barber asked what kind of cut he wanted, the chap replied "A silent one."

Would it work with hygienists?

I’ve been getting them from ‘ screwfix’ lately . You’ve won a prize but there’s a £2 charge so enter your bank details to pay that and we’ll send you £150 for free. FO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

TA, the young fella in the coffee shop that giggles uncomfortably every time he sees me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,482 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

THe fact that certain words can't even be said any more, despite context.

" The N word"

And the latest, now "the F word" apparently can't be printed either, despite us needing to know what the Pope said, but no, if the journalist prints the word, he's afraid people will turn on him.

I've no issue with that, they're both extremely offensive words to the communities they apply to and everyone knows what the writers are referring to, I don't really see why we need them spelled out. Some words simply evolve out of acceptable use, regardless of context. I'd put the "R word" that used to be commonly used to refer to people with intellectual disabilities in the same cohort. Nobody ever really complains about that, funnily enough...

Anyway, today's TA is my dodgy tum. Was up half the night feeling absolutely miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

My mandarin was full of pips.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

When the last swally in what was an otherwise great cup of tea is gone cold.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Running out of milk. I was in a supermarket yesterday, damn it!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Okay milk bought, so off to the TH thread, but my TA - what to wear going walking in this weather.

Roasted after walking to and from shop, but as sure as anything, if I left my (light) jacket at home it would rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,425 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

TA is a really sore shoulder which is starting to bruise after I fired an AK47 on holidays. There's some recoil off that thing....don't believe the movies when they show people firing it in one hand.

The first 5 weapons were OK. But thankfully I still had some brains to stay away from the shotguns.

Nurofen and an ice pack for my final night here. Wish I had listened to the English fella and Polish fella with whom I was talking to a few days ago when they were talking about how much they disliked the AK47.

Advertisement