Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,901 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I opened a packet of cheese and can’t stop eating it .When I got near the bottom all the cheese was moulded. Wild dreams tonight 😷😷

Bloody y apps that don’t work . I need to order meds but the stupid site keeps saying invalid entry . So I have to drive to the GPs tomorrow to order my normal prescription . But seemingly all this crap is for my security . Grand, but before you roll it out make sure it works !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Wobbly table in a cafe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You're man Dowling and his husband in the media again waxing lyrical about having a second child, Jesus we won't hear the end of this for months on end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Slightly different context but was discussing this the other night in the pub. The consensus of onion was wobbly tables are what beer mats are designed for :-)

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement

Really a trivial thing that makes me happy in the context of the above conversation.

But +100 for "Wobbly" as an actual word.

A Wobbly word in a Wobbly world.

😁

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

A themed 40th birthday party. As if having to go to a party isn't bad enough, I am expected to dress a certain way for a theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The built in Spotify app (amongst other things) has disappeared off my car seemingly because a subscription has expired. It would be €99 a year henceforth.

Rip off

Even more annoying I was expecting a new car last month so this shouldn't have been a problem, I know the car is built but hasn't arrived grrrr…

Seven Worlds will Collide

They are two media hoors and they are jumping on the social media rocket where people who don't actually do anything useful, or damaging things to society, can earn a lot of money.

And worse they are selling their children and some kind of gay credibility to do this.

Meanwhile somewhere a child is working in a mine for resources for our phones and cars.

The juxtaposition of these things makes me think we are actually living in some kind of simulation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nothing against them personally or them having children but media Hoors is the right word for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Note to self

DO NOT take Dublin to Ballina train ever again. Each and every time, no matter what time of day, it is a Clusterf*k

take the Dublin to Sligo train in future which is'nt always chock full, well 75 % of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

At 40 you'd think they would have learnt better by now.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not one bleedin raisin in the bowl of fruit n fibre this morning

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We've an election in the UK next week and John Oliver covered it on Last Week Tonight which I cannot watch because it's not on their Youtube channel here.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

earlier I gets a notification of a DM on a social media platform. It turns out it’s from one of the pubs I dine at and follow on SM.

Strange, I began to wonder..am I invited to something ? being informed about an upcoming specific special event?

Not a bit of it, I’m being DM’d with todays food menu. 😅

Somewhat of a colossal overreach by a business now that they are DMing friends / followers on their social media accounts with the menu. I’m presuming this is going to be a daily thing so unfriend / unfollow / block and goodbye. Still eat there it’s genuinely a delicious, relaxing comfy experience in fairness but that is completely taking the piss…..

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

What is as the soup of the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,307 ✭✭✭✭blade1

We share 1 Spotify sub across 4 people. One person gets to download stuff and listen offline when they want to listen and the others have to fight for online access. Probably should get a family sub. But it's not worth it until those fights get serious. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 33,482 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You'd think at 40 yrs old, people would have grown up.

A modern phenomenon, non-kids making a big deal about their birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I hear what you're saying, this is a stand alone app that you didn't have to even have your phone with you to listen to Spotify and very easy to access playlists etc.

I suppose the point being it seems to be trend that features are built into cars now that the manufacturers try to dip into your pocket after buying so they'll continue to work.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Smelly people.

There was a man absolutely honking of BO in a supermarket at lunch time. I could smell him long before I had the misfortune to find myself on the same aisle. It wasn't a day of sweat either, he mustn't have washed for a week.

And god knows how many showers it will take to get rid of that eye-watering, nostril hair-singeing stink. His home and car must be absolutely rancid if his pungent smell can fill a supermarket.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 9,180 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Watching everyone especially young people vape, such sheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

How can these people not smell themselves??? I worked with a guy before and I swear to god, the stink off him would make a maggot's eye water. And he was married with kids - you'd think his family would have had a word with him.

As you say, that's not one missed shower - let's face it, we've all had the odd day where we just weren't arsed - it's habitually not washing and that includes clothes. That level of stink isn't coming off their bodies alone.

Vom.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Alonzo Mosley

Group tables in the Euros have number of points in the first column !!!! Number of games played should always be first and number of points should always be the last column just after goals conceded !!! grrrrrrr

I concur, been the other way for forever …. Absolutely no reason to change it. Some eejit looking for something to do is my guess.

On the subject of football watching ..Netherlands vs Austria, the Austrian keeper Pentz going down for an age with an injury having himself clattered into another player, for this he was awarded a free kick. The levels referees go to protect goalkeepers…

That every time I sit down to relax I get nauseous , and if I’m after eating it up comes back up . All because of being rear ended 2 1/2 years ago . I didn’t take it further as once the car was fixed and after a bit of therapy on it I thought I was grand . It’s only trivial as the girl who hit me was put in a really tough position and from that point of view I’m glad I didn’t try to clean her . But anyway my annoyance is puking

• Registered Users Posts: 30,425 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

At a concert in Musgrave Park and went into tge women's toilet, where a woman comes out of a stall, which I go in, and instead of flushing the toilet she just puts the toilet lid down. Surely pushing the flush button would of required less effort than closing the lid. Some women really are filthy animals and it's why I dread using public loos.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Also recently at a gig, had multiple small packs of tissue and hand sanitiser but the lid down non flush neanderthals boggle the mind

Advertisement