Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Dont know where you live in Ireland, but adverts with many different races, looks completely normal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Charlo30

Tuesday morning and back into work. Where did the Bank Holiday weekend go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,737 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

When you go into Tesco with the intention of using the 'Scan as you shop' barcode scanner, so naturally enough you have your club card in hand ready to scan and pick up a handset……

but the woman immediately in front of you at the handset release station only has her club card on her phone, but only takes the phone out of her bag when she gets to the scanner station, and has a quick browse through her notifications before looking for the Tesco app, and oh, it's in here somewhere…… on page 3 I think…..

all the while I'm there waiting like a spare tool building up a rage the likes of which have never been seen before!!

HOW ABOUT HAVE YOUR CLUBCARD READY WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE SCANNER STATION

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,037 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Flew to Amsterdam this morning, now on a train to The Hague. No, I’m not on trial for war crimes, I think. The trains here have a tag-on system similar to the Luas, except that it’s called “Check-In”. Which is a bit confusing at Schipol airport: I’m just off a flight, hadn’t planned on checking in again yet. The train conductor was quite used to first-time visitors like me getting it wrong, of course.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Me too when they take a cash till and only then take their phone out of their bag to scroll through for ages to find the pay app(or what ever they are using)

Seriously tho, how can ppl think that is faster than cash!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I've never been behind a woman at an ATM that didn't take 20 years to get out cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,882 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

😵‍💫 errrr I was just expressing my TA as is the done thing in this thread… I wasn’t soliciting a critique from anyone…thanks.

TA for today…. No sunscreen left…. Was only in Boots a few days ago but was sure I had a spare… I still think I had, it must have walked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

When someone complains about the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Really? I find them threatening and get out asap. Ta indoor atm's where men choose to continue their phone calls as they do whatever and hold the rest of us up. Looking at you aib encouraging this beh by not having enough staff on the counter at pinch points.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

…… fancied wearing a tshirt that was at the bottom of a neatly folded pile on a shelf in my wardrobe…. and somehow managed in my haste to carelessly topple most of the pile over so had to spend 3 minutes re-folding / rearranging half the pile …. 🤐 didn’t help I was was trying to grab the t-shirt one handed as I was carrying stuff in the other hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭Archeron

My dark brown jumper which i thought was clean and wore to work turned out to have a big white mark, like bleach burn, exactly on the left nipple.

I do not like to draw attention to my moobs :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,474 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,678 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My spelling . I’m doing a crossword and I have to google words to the correct spelling . Gone to shut

when you do not acquiesce to people’s unreasonable badgering requests / demands of you, “ohhh, I won’t be going, I’ll leave it sorry ..”…..I about 7 times refuse in that manner, ever so diplomatically, nicely, ever so reasonably and ever so politely, even try to explain after the 7th time, then the 8th time. I’m = 🗡️🤬 a LOT less diplomatic and a lot less polite yet that somehow makes me then the bad guy. Life can just be a TA in itself, often just brought on by the unrelenting unreasonableness and overbearing pathological weirdness of other humans… 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,939 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That my runners have developed a sudden and most annoying squeak in the soles.

Also, that I have fallen in absolute, head-over-heels love with a €500 leather jacket. I could just about justify the cost, as it'll likely last me the rest of my life, but the retailer is UK based so I'd get hit for customs & VAT on top of that again, which is just too rich for my blood (and also just sticks in my craw, tbh).

That I set my alarms to get me out of bed for a 2 0’clock appointment that’s 2 hours drive away . Of course I switched them off and didn’t get up until now and I still need a shower and shave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

the retailer should be removing the UK VAT of 20% before exporting.

It’s a TA for me when they don’t & the item is unavailable elsewhere.

^^^^^
    I rang to cancel the appointment and I had cancelled it 2 weeks ago . Back to watching Olympics all day so a TA that’s become a TH

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Eventually got me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Get well soon and hopefully no long term effects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I got a phone call this afternoon for a medical secretary/receptionist, asking to confirm that I was okay for my appointment tomorrow.

"What appointment? Usually you send out a letter to say with the date and time for any appointment."

"Oh, we would have mentioned it to you six months ago, the last time you were here."

Yeah, right!! She forgot to send me a definite appointment, and is trying to make me think I forgot. Six months ago, I was told there would be a follow-up in six months, not that there would be a follow-up at 2.45pm on the 8th of August. 🙄

what test one is that ?

Does it show if you had Covid in the past because I had symptoms last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Got set upon by a dog today, big husky-like breed. I was caught unawares as it blind-sided me and I am used to there being no dog in the yard. Have to park on the road, open a gate and walk to the door so a bit of a no-mans land.

Caught me on my lower thumb at first, I let a roar out of me and it just had an intent about its look. Grabbed me by the shorts next and only for someone shooing it away with a shovel, god knows what I would have done if no-one else was there. I had literally nowhere to go.

Thankfully didn't break skin, but definitely going to report it (even if the houseowners are contrarians) as I don't want to endanger a colleague caught in a similar situation.

Of course, encountered a few more aggressive dogs over the rest of the day and got the usual 'he's harmless' spiel from the owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I think it's a Tesco one.

Not sure about past.

This is my first time having symptoms ie. sore throat, cough and aches.

If there was an award for worst holiday ever this surely would be in with a shout.

I had a lot of days built up so I took 4 weeks off work.

Last week my mother died and now this.

I don't usually go out drinking but the afters of the the funeral were last Wednesday.

Thursday I went to pub with family and Sunday I went to catch up with with friends so probably picked it up in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

You've probably already had it, probably a couple of times, except this is the first time with symptoms and a +ve test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,414 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It is the Antigen type test you can buy in shops and chemists, it will only show if you currently have it so won't show anything from last year, or likely even last month.

Using them is a TA it must be said :)

And my bonus TA is we don't have them for flu widely available.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

TA - Simone Biles being called (in jest I hasten to add…) an old lady - and realising I'm exactly twice her age :(

• Advertisement

When you zero energy to do anything on a day off and you spend the day beating yourself up about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The hangman

I helped a team member today. Spent far today long at his desk showing him how to complete a checklist.

I am happy to help, am always helping but he is here nearly 2 years and asks questions he should know tbh.

Something went wrong and the boss went mad. “Why was it done?” “Mike told me”. Hung me out to dry in front of everyone!

Last time I’ll ever help that chap. He will continue to mess up and I’m staying well clear

When you try to put a coherent comment into boards on a mobile phone, but it's a PITA to edit anything on a phone, so you post it anyway, and the whole thing just comes across as an unedited incoherent rant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Sorry, we don't know what you mean . . Could you try and explain what you're talking about? 😁

Pictures of your own bad parking WITH CHAT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Jeremy Clarkson. I can't stand him or his constant wailing but I am forced by my sense of fairness to admit that he makes damn good telly. I've just started watching Clarkson's Farm as I grew up in rural Ireland and it's very good.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Fancied something different for lunch so had scrambled egg. Lovely. Not had it in a while.

Around four o'clock, I realised that all I had in the fridge for dinner was a quiche. Feel very eggy now.

• Advertisement

I effed up on my wordle score , as I missed 2 days not one 😡

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Deregos.

People repeating themselves . . . Someone tells you about some mundane incident that happened at the checkout till in Tesco or lidl (don't know as I wasn't really listening) and they keep repeating said incident to anyone within earshot to try and prove the point that they were right and the other party involved was wrong. Then they ring their sister and spend fifteen minutes explaining the same experience . . five minutes later the sister lands at the house and they spend the next half hour dissecting every detail over and over again.

You think it's finally finished with but no . . . they ring the mother on speaker phone.

Pictures of your own bad parking WITH CHAT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Incident yesterday and still can't relax. No sleep last night and only a few this evening. Expecting things to kick off again for the weekend. People who can't live like normal people should all be put out onto an island left to fight it out like the hungergames. If you win you get your own island so you don't make other peoples lives hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Waking up before the alarm goes off

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Feeling cold because of tiredness rather than environment, it always seems harder to shake.

I went to bed watching Criminal Minds on phone and had a dream about a serial killer clown.

I'm still feeling a bit unnerved and I'm alone in my office!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Thankfully the corridor is busy enough like but if I hear the other office chair squeak I'm off!!!!

Itv are on summer holidays . Most of the daytime quizzes are repeats . Actually it’s the third time I’ve seen this particular Chase .

someone trying to impart something verbally to me from about 60 feet away… there is a radio on too between us both making it more difficult.

I don’t shout at people , if I have something I need to say to a person I walk to them and impart whatever information I need to them, in person.

If that isn’t practical I contact them on their phone, not by roaring from significant distances away …. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,572 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I've used too much serum and moisturiser and look like I've been in an oil spill. I know I could remove it, but I'm hoping I wake up with skin as soft as a baby's bottom.

• Advertisement
Advertisement