Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

TA that I have been doing the same thing for a few weeks, have 2 receipts in my wallet.

Double TA I went to Lidl last night specifically to use them up while I just needed a couple of items - couldn't use them because they are from a different Lidl store, ffs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

TA podcasts where the host reads out advertisements in the middle of the podcast. They are actually worse than normal ads IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The person in front of me in the staff room, half filled my cup with hot water from a newly boiled kettle and then topped up the kettle with cold water.

So I had to put lukewarm water in my tea to top it off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Mine was only 30c, but they had a problem scanning it. Probably slightly faded. I've gotten into the habit of wrapping it around my debit card now so that won't happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭drury..

When you get rid of the rubbish in the shed and find you've less space than when u started

When someone comes to collect free stuff and they start finding fault with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,472 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

hay fever is again really bad this morning….. normally I don’t notice any symptoms unless the pollen count is classed as ‘Very High’, but according to Met Éireann it’s only ‘High’.

I was wondering is their any correlation to my increase in instances and severity of getting hay fever recently and my environmentalist neighbours who have taken to allowing basically everything to grow as in grass about three and a half feet tall and everything else they have growing…. Yep long grass makes symptoms worse I’m reading. Nice one 🤦🏻‍♂️👏🏼👉🏻🤌🏻

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It depends on the type of pollen that's around, not only on the quantity. If you're allergic/sensitive only to pollen A, a ton of pollen B (or Z or K or whatever) won't affect you in the least. Obvs, if you have an allergy to A, there would be a massive difference in the severity of the allergy depending on how much pollen A there is (think bees' stings)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,581 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Keep an eye on this site, it breaks down the types of pollen.
    Weed pollen is high = 132
    Grass pollen is moderate = 48
    Tree pollen is low = 0

Sounds like you need to keep an eye specifically on the weed pollen forecast and see if it correlates with your flare ups.

https://www.clarityn.ie/pollenforecast

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,642 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You have to use them in the store you returned the bottles to?

I thought you could use them anywhere once you got them printed out.

It is store specific in LIDL for sure. Not sure about the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Same for Tesco. It's a nonsense.

TA I came here to post: breaking in new shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Charlo30

When parents bring kids into pubs which clearly are designed for them. And then let them run riot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Bredabe

We asked the X team when this scheme started, this is a cut and paste of what they told us in response. "yes we have the recycling machine in all our stores and you can return the bottles to any branch. You can use the coupon in any Tesco store if bottles were returned with our stores. If you return in any other retail shop and coupon issued you would only be able to redeem the coupon with the retail store it was issued". (sic)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I'm from the UK. Kids in pubs is just not on IMO! Out in the beer garden in summer fine but running around the place because they are bored is just wrong!

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,152 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Luckily it turned out be trivial enough but those stupid stupid uneven pavements laid with bricks , that aren’t flat and have bricks sticking up and are at a slant. So easy to trip me up and not really walking stick friendly . So a sore finger and leg but escaped generally injury free

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Mad isn't it. You or anyone could easily get a bad injury.

I know . Luckily I had my hands to save my head , hence the fact sore finger

• Registered Users Posts: 11,383 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Whenever I am doing a small shop, and thus stack up the groceries on top of each other and carry it back to the car with an expert balancing act, I ALWAYS forget which pocket my car keys in and end up having to re-adjust as I fumble around looking for them.

My one good leg is really sore after the fall today . I thought I had got away without any damage but it’s impossible to walk on it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who pronounce "canapes" as "canopies".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

A recent TA to do with boards, going to threads I hit last number of page and nothing, just a page with no posts yet, has happened in a few threads now in Gigs and Events.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

Yeah it has been reported on the bugs thread.

I think if you go back to previous page, the new posts are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,383 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Nothing worse than being in the rain all day, slowly working through your parcels (amazing how more people seem to be out when its raining) , and to be greeted at the door by someone all cosy in their dressing gown at 2PM in the day.

Bastids.

That someone mentioned pineapples on a thread and now I have a craving for one . I really am a pushover , Monkey sees or hears monkey wants .

So making that post I tucked into a plum for my fruit fix but it’s horrible . Tasteless and bitter .

Thanks for all that you do.

I must say delivery people and post people are absolutely taken for granted. Delivering stuff to random thankless people in random locations in all kinds of weather.

And the cost to the receiver is the same regardless if they are up a mountain or next door to the delivery centre.

Someone was complaining about some Amazon delivery and I said he wouldn't do their job. Every delivery timed and rated. And he was just speechless.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,319 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The "hard men" and usually it is men, running/jogging in pissing rain.

Are you in Rocky movie montage or something?

The rain in Ireland would have stopped Rocky in his tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Doctor recommended yoga to help with my dodgy hip. Doing the yoga seems to have aggravated my opposite knee instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

i shall have to flog my butler…AFTER he has served the canapes! as he has been using the wrong pronunciation lately,most likely after quaffing the port…

TA…the feckin weather…todays forecast has been upgraded from shite to pure shite!! summer me arse!

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

Advertisement