Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,067 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

That's your TA from firing the AK47?

You should've seen the other guy…

:)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,436 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

After 4 out 4 direct hits, I thought that the fifth shot would be overkill so fired wide* 😉

• I think if I ever become a baddie I'll pick an M4 or MP15, so easy to fire with no recoil that I noticed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

where was this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

must take a trip there . Though I’d be more interested in the pistols and shotgun . Though I’m quite skinny so perhaps the shotguns should be avoided 😡

• Advertisement

I would advise staying away from the shotguns alright. There was an English couple at the first gun range I went to and both tried the shotguns. The husband was tall and heavy, the wife average height and thin, both found it hard to control the shotgun on recoil and were complaining immediately after of serious back pain.

The small assault rifles are very simple to use and the handguns/pistols more difficult. One instructor said he would need a 1,000 rounds to get someone up to scratch on a handgun but only about a dozen on an assault rifle.

I did fire glocks, a H&K, a Kadet and a Magnum. The Magnum had a serious recoil for a small weapon but not one that would damage your hands or wrist, just more your hands are likely to go flying after each shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Election posters with photos that must be at least 15 years old.

Browsing boards on mobile, opening multiple threads to their own tabs… then when I read the new post getting confused about what thread the post is for! A very trivial TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

An election candidate came to my door yesterday evening and he looked about 20 years older than the picture on the leaflet he handed me 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

Wtf is happening with YouTube, watching a video here for work and in the first eight minutes there have been four sets of two ads. I know they're pushing the subscription, but they're making the non sub version unusable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Reading a post on LinkedIn where the poster referred to a "sizemic change". For crying out loud.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Just used the last tea bag 😪

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

When the Amazon delivery driver spends 10 minutes outside your house, using his van as a mobile sorting office to prepare his next 5-10 drops before or after making my delivery…

…and if it's before, I'm standing there like a fool for 10 minutes waiting for him to come up my driveway so I can open the door and be ready to take my delivery, so as not to inconvenience him….. (even though they just ring the bell and leave it there anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,348 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Another TA of mine albeit rare…. sitting through ads to watch videos that I myself have uploaded onto my own YouTube channel… and still probably have the original video file somewhere on a HD……

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So you mean to tell me you didn't have at least five back up boxes stored in a cupboard somewhere with padlock on it ? 🤔🤔 Amatuer 😎

😂😂😋

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Sciatica on holidays, when you really want to do loads of walking around, but have to stop every ten mins 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

if they want to show adds they really need to prohibit them from any live sport being broadcast there. Was watching some live snooker earlier on YouTube, frame ball and it cuts to some advert for car tyres…. Not like YouTube/Google are new to any of this. It’s quite simply an attempt strong arming people towards paying for a subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Them Captcha yokes 😀

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Election posters in general. Has anyone, in the history of the world, ever based a decision on who to vote for on a poster? If so, they should be disenfranchised.

Also, the cable ties left behind when they finally get around to taking them down are a disgrace. They should all be required by law to have their names stamped into them and a fine levied on every single one that's not removed along with the poster.

Major TA: my phone autocorrects perfectly cromulent words into other, also perfectly cromulent words, but which don't make any sense in the given context. For example, it autocorrected "required" to "requited" in the above post. Fcuk off and stop messing around with my shıt, I know what I'm doing.

• Advertisement

Should be like in France, designated places set aside at shopping centres, public areas, where each candidate etc has a billboard and there's information about polling stations etc.

TA that I am not as organised as @Sephiroth_dude when it comes to tea bags 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

Yes and putting the same posters on every single pole, it is just wasteful. Funny the Greens are more than happy to go along with this plastic producing. Another ta, the referendum ones weren't taken down for about 2 or 3 weeks afterwards.

You're preaching to the choir!

I've also noticed that recently my phone will add in a double letter at the start of a number of words, e.g. yyou, eexample, and often randomly capitalises words that shouldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

TThThat'not your phone, that's Vanilla.

^^I deliberately didn't correct the gibberish above, I don't have a written stutter.

Oh really, good to know that the phone isn't packing up on me

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 13 farmerd

Posters after the election? Is it ok for me to take few to use in my workshop? For beehives and various jobs where Correx is useful??

Anyone know ?

I think you'd be very, very, very unlikely (not to mention unfortunate) to get into any trouble for doing so. Just for the love of god take the cable ties down too!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I got a warning or infraction on a certain social media platform for a comment very gently taking the piss out of an Irish politician who was photographed in a humorous predicament.

My comment was nowhere near as offensive as the original comment yet the original contributor / commenter doesn’t get sanctioned and the photo and all other replies many of which were in a similar vein remain….

Zero consistency, zero cop on, zero fairness……which let’s face it is in short supply these days.… 👏🏼

Advertisement