Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

People who leave cardboard boxes next to the recycling bin, that get soaked in the rain, dogs pissing against them, and they somehow expect it to be recycled. Or put so much in the bin that the lid is open and everything gets soaked inside. You can bet your bottom dollar they don't have to lift or sort through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Fridge is fcuked. 2.5 years old. What a crock of shite. Nord Mende can fcuk right off..

You have up to 6 years with Irish consumer law. So they replace it, fix it, or its small claims court time. 2.5 years is ridiculous for a fridge.

And UK? I'm in Belfast. 😭 And it wasn't our fridge, warranty with Nord mende is under the previous house owners and they won't honour it with me. I know this because their sh1tty oven packed in last year and they wouldn't help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Had similar issue with same brand Nordmende. Our fridge with that name on it managed 4 years but thats still crap or a fridge.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Charlo30

Smokers who stand in the doorway of a pub or restaurants puffing away without any consideration for new customers arriving. And I say this as an ex-smoker who was guilty of this on more then a few occasions

• Registered Users Posts: 14,152 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

All the daytime quiz shows are repeats .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,750 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People playing musical chairs on the bus. Just stay in the seat you originally sat on, we're not on a transatlantic flight here.

The only exception I'll make is for that seat directly over the engine block at the back, you'd roast alive on that.

ETA: or if the person beside you is stinky. You're allowed move then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭drury..

Drivers who can take a turn without crossing into opposing lane

Always seems so bone idle lazy

Ill hazard a guess they're lazy in lots of other ways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,319 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People with little fcuking flags on their cars.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Vapes. I am a smoker and always move downwind at appropriate distance.. How about you fcuk off with your skittles smelling bull crap

Spilling soup on my carpet . Well TA is trying to carry too many things at once

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

Gimps on gameshows who instead of just answering the question, try to show how clever they are by explaining how they know its not the other answers.

"Well i went skiing in the mountains just outside that city ten years ago, and i never hears of that specific theatre, so its definitely not number two...."

they're usually wrong too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭drury..

People watching game shows in my company is probably a TA of mine

The whole lot of them should be fukked in a skip

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Sponge25

Suffering from an illness whilst looking healthy. For instance, if I sit in a handicapped seat I get dirty looks because i'm 6ft4 and am reasonably well built and thus look healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,582 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The PDF of an Electric Ireland bill is 2.5 MBs. It is only 2 pages.

It is a bill not a photo shoot ffs.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I'm in a couple of hiking clubs and a few of us occasionally go away for weekends amongst ourselves. Recently one pal suggested a weekend away in the north west so I thought that would be cool. I'm normally a 'B' pace hiker meaning I don't go fast, I prefer not to and I also have a condition awaiting surgery which prevents me from going fast even if I want to. I don't join 'A' grade walks for this reason as it is uncomfortable.

Went on a mixed hike of A and B grades a few days ago and ran into my pal who was organising the weekend away, which is in a couple of weeks. I was looking forward to discussing the plans for the trip but thanks to the presence of a few elite 'A's on the hike, I didn't get a look in, this pal was brown nosing them the whole time, even though they are not going with us.

I came home and cancelled my hotel in the north west. Thankfully no cost to me as I'm within the time limit.

I'll do something nice for myself instead somewhere closer to home. I probably won't even be missed.

Oh dear thats a very old TA of mine dates back to about 2000. Had to sort out an email issue that Waterford CoCo were having. iirc outgoing mail was just stuck in the mail queue and not going anywhere. Back then we didn't have email systems or internet speeds to deal with large emails. Anyway long and short of it was a secretary had created a form in MSWord and taken the full sized 5MB Waterford CoCo logo and scaled it down for the header. So a 50k document had 5MB of baggage with it. Every time the form was emailed out the mail server choked on it.

5MB is nothing these days but I still (normally) resize photos I post here - but still guilty of posting some that size :-(

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Listening to a student at work who has knowledge but no experience of a particular group of hidden disabilities, when I overheard him going down the uninformed route of well as they don't look disabled and as I can do it I don't see the need for all the fuss, I stepped in and reminded them that it's different in everyone and we should be lead by what the person says primarily.

They have gone off into a huff and I feel my yearly "reprimand" for implying to their faces that they are stupid is due. TA No doubt they will say I took a tone!

Never said they were stupid, just expanded their limited knowledge of a widespread hidden disability.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Went for a fry earlier (not my usual place) and it came out way too quickly. Egg and pudding should have been done more. Worst were the sausages - not browned enough. Ate about one third of one, tasted ok but not great. Then I noticed a neighbouring table summoning the server and saying that their sausages were similarly affected. So I sent mine back to go on the pan again. They came back out a few minutes later and were fine but the overall experience was spoiled and now I am worrying if I'll get sick from the bit I ate.

Thats a peeve of mine , that restaurants fry sausages and mushrooms too quickly . Mushrooms need to be slow cooked to get the taste

The days of things being built to last and being repairable are gone . Now just last a few years and binned .

The horror of using a toilet in the office when the seat rises along with you. The cleaners had just been in so I'm hoping it was cleaning fluid that made it sticky and not other substances.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Speaking of toilet seats........warm ones 🤢😡

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

A TA of mine too. I will never understand why people do it.
    Saw a neighbour doing it recently, big pile of cardboard beside their bin, and the forecast was absolutely dire, into the bargain, for rain and more rain. I imagine there was a soggy mess on the drive the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Looking at procuring a second hand car. One advertisement on a reputable (?) dealership’s website has a discrepancy between the mileage on the advertisement and the mileage on the cars digital odometer which they have photographed, over a two thousand kilometre discrepancy….the odometer is showing more than the listing on the advertisement .❌

So….

A… a genuine mistake typed in the add detail and not spotted ? Extremely unlikely

B… the car has been since acquired by the garage, used as a pool car, loaner etc between the adverts typed content being compiled and the photo being taken added….

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

My BLT was very scarce of B 😀

Seven Worlds will Collide

Sounds like you got the vegetarian option. It's just LT.

• Advertisement

Advertisement