Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I know someone who refuses to eat vegetables so he'd get a B sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,582 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bohs vs Rovers cup game chucked behind a paywall.. LOI TV… like most sports/football fans I have practically every sports subscription going with my satellite provider, costing a fortune but Irish football perceives it is appropriate to expect Irish football fans to again dip into their pockets and pay for games on LOI TV…. No thanks…

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Amazon making things complicated, expecting a package tomorrow from them and I get an email from them this morning saying "they'll email me a password which I then have to give to the driver" tomorrow before I can get my package, would they ever f off and stop making a simple thing like delivering a package harder.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

A very patronising email from a company telling me 'that there was a worldwide issue' in relation to a query I raised about something that happened before the 'worldwide issue' existed or was made public.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

I bought one of those adaptors so I can plug my wired headphones in to my phone. Was looking at the apple one and thought I'm not spending that much so I bought a cheaper one. On the way home I find out it's faulty, it keeps disconnecting and pausing the music as it disconnects.

I keep having to press play but sometimes it disconnects fully and the sound blares out of the phone speaker instead of my headphones. Problem is, I've my headphones in so it just sounds like the music is low volume so I instinctively turn the music up, only after a few seconds realising I'm blaring music at full volume off my phone's speaker. Also my music of choice is banging late 90's Techno, which doesn't help with the looks I'm getting.

So I've brought the faulty one back and said f it, I'll not make the same mistake twice so I'll shell out for the expensive apple one this time. Now I have no problems with this connection wise but it's not half as loud as the last one. I have to have my volume at like 95% to get any kind of decent volume out of it.

That's annoying but my new problem is that my phone keeps automatically turning down the volume after a while because "you have been listening at high volume for an extended time, high volume for extended time causes hearing damage" The thing is I haven't, I've been listening at the equivalent of about 50% on the first adapter that I bought.

Seems like I just can't win with these adaptors.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,153 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That me delicious peaches don’t even last a week in the kitchen until they become pure muck , and if you keep them in the fridge they get hard . You need to eat them in days

^^^^^
    When I try to increase the volume on ear phones the warning that it’s bad for my hearing .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,958 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Might blame me for that 🙄. We were having problems with deliveries and one of them for a €100+ watch was left in the wrong building with the signature was forged. Thankfully we saw the delivery notification, got onto Amazon about it and they pointed us to where it was before it was lifted off the communal post boxes. I'd rather go through a few hoops to get the delivery.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Lunch and coffee time, busy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The backlight on my laptop screen is dying. The screen keeps randomly going black and I have to turn the thing off and on again to get it back on.

Not comfortable trying a repair myself, don't want/can't afford a new laptop, not really too happy about bringing it into a shop to get it fixed either. 😐️ Bleh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

Like a captcha, please choose alll the squares that contains items you've bought previously from amazon 😁

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 30,594 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When people are talking about crime they sometimes say Harris and I don't know if it's Drew or Simon.

If you mostly use your laptop at a desk ... You could plug it into a monitor if you have one or get a cheap or second hand 1080p one.

Avoiding going home because there is too much **** to do there. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 30,582 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

And on some threads there's US VP Harris in the mix too!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

Bloke beside me in a coffee shop that has a laugh like a banshee being put through a wood chipper, and it seems everything is utterly hilarious.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Reminds me of meeting a friend for drinks years ago, delighted with ourselves to get a free table, and nice seats. Until the hyena at the next table started laughing. I have never heard anything like it before nor since.

We could only conclude that whoever had been where we now were, had abandoned the place. And absolutely everything set her off cackling again and again. I think we held firm, because there was no other space available, but it was the worst laugh I have ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Harris is so annoying!!! I much prefer Donegal tweed.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Toilet seats . . The hinges are forever coming loose or breaking, and the more expensive or heavy duty the loo seat, the less time they last. Then there's those ones with the chrome fittings that turn a verdigris colour from the pee . . awful rusty yokes to change.

In my parents house growing up, I recall we had a mahogany loo seat with brass fittings that never gave a problem . . though I wouldn't recommend the turquoise furry lid cover and matching pee mat that also adorned our bathroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭tomhammer..

Nigel Farage

He keeps laughing all the time during speeches but he's not say anything funny

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,861 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Went to Oslo for a few days. It was supposed to be cold and wet so I prepared accordingly. It was far from cold and wet.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭drury..

Next door neighbour leaves his phone on the beside locker on vibrate

A slight pith . Vibrating notifications at 3am , why would u need them on.

Trying to switch into "work/professional" mode but the engine just won't start.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

On that note: houses and flats that are so badly built that allow you to hear your neighbour's messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,319 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Another generation baiting media piece all over radio this morning, Gen Z and their slang no one cares about. Besides some of these terms are quite old.

When you get a text message and you hope it's something that will change your life for the better ...

but it's a message from right price tiles about a sale.

🤣

People who can't throw a ball.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Advertisement

Advertisement