Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,729 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Waiting room at GP..

Sinage... ' the use of mobile phones is prohibited in this area '

Yet a wan and I presume her mother are watching a video with sound on speaker... and they had to be directed to the waiting room as they initially had been blocking the corridor outside.... them and the pram about the ridiculously oversized size of a ford fiesta .. People with frames, wheelchairs and various disorders, trying to manoeuvre to the rooms of their practioners, some pair of goons...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Empty space in packaging!

Just bought 4 bottles of Vitamin D tablets (90 in a bottle). Opened them and tipped them all into one bottle rather than keeping four bottles that are 80% empty. I could probably fit five bottles worth into one :-(

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,278 ✭✭✭suvigirl

I hate those pretend bottles inside a bottle, usually very expensive make up or cream. Looks like 250ml, but there's a secret bottle inside the bottle that's only 50ml 😠😠

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,489 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Some of the saddest bastards are the Van Life couples.

No hope of getting a house anywhere but grinning from ear to ear at the prospect of living cheek by jowl in a converted builders van. That's going to get real old really quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Not alone did I have to cancel a much-looked-forward-to trip away this weekend due to a bereavement within the travelling party, but I also almost got ploughed into by an idiot driver about half an hour later.

An ould fella didn't once look right nor stop when turning left onto the main road I was on, and there was already another driver waiting for me to pass so they could turn into the road the first idiot was coming out of. How I squeezed through the miniscule gap without any collision I'll never know. Of course, if it was a young driver at fault, there'd be uproar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,889 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

TA that turned into a TH. Was supposed to be going to the cinema tonight but am sicker than a bus to Knock so had to bail. But I emailed the cinema on the complete off-chance they could swap the tickets for tomorrow night and they said no hassle at all. And to top things off, the restaurant we wanted to go to beforehand was booked out for tonight but has availability for tomorrow, so happy days.

Other TA: the downright offensive aftertaste/coating Sinutab leaves in your mouth 🤮

1.35 am and some eejit pedestrian crossing the road at the corner outside presses the button at the lights for the green man.

You can see clearly about a quarter of a kilometre up and down the road in both directions, there are no cars… but the very loud audible & fast bip-bip-bip-bip-bip-bip-bip of the signal breaks the tranquil AM silence….. people are getting worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Now expecting a cap to be attached to a bottle but it's not, falls to the floor and somehow manages to roll in under the table. Lol & grrrr 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,889 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The amount of people going around in their winter coats. Like, I know it hasn't exactly been a summer to write home about, but it also isn't anywhere near woollen coat weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The BBC… putting Olympics coverage on BBC1 and shunting usual BBC1 programmes, continuing programmes to BBC2… would you not just leave BBC2 for the Olympics?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

When faced with writing a note on a card for someone - you suddenly forget how to spell and even how to write.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

I grew up in the North of England as a kid and when I tried to ask my Sky Q to look for the "hurling" in my accent it went "NOT ONE OF US!" - judgmental!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Doing a covid test and it comes up positive after 30 seconds, never mind the 15 mins it says on the pack.

Can't be too careful, the family event is my grandmother's birthday she's in her mid 90s. Feck it anyway.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Fair play for being so conscientious, Miamee. It's the best gift you could've got for your grandmother.

Hope everything passes quickly with no ill consequences.

Covid : we are told… “ Avoid meeting people who are at very high risk for 10 days. This starts from the day you first had symptoms. “.
    My Aunt no longer has symptoms having been diagnosed last week sometime….but my Dad who is reasonably high risk due to age and an underlying condition, is off to meet his sister tonight or tomorrow afternoon…. “ I want to make sure she’s alright “

Just sit it out, wait another 3 or 4 days simply no point in going in all superhero brother, her kids don’t live far away. She’s not dying she’s doing housework when you called her ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,473 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’ve done something to my left ribs , how I don’t know . It wasn’t sore yesterday and I didn’t fall since 2 weeks ago. It hurts just to breathe but it seems to have just happened when I was in bed . Perplexing !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Not so trivial - Having issues with Amazon prime drivers not following delivery instructions and their map showing the wrong address even though the Eircode is listed. Each time a problem with delivery I contact support and they say oh it will be sorted now and it isn't Told to send in details in, 2 weeks pass and I get back on and told to send in details again. I just got another email to send in details and also was there a dog at the house. So I get onto support to call me, 30 mins on phone and waiting for a manager and I get cut off. Amazon has gone to complete sh*t lately and worse with their prime drivers not bothering to read delivery instructions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Have you tried editing your own address and updating the delivery location? Its all there in you Amazon profile

Sign in then go to your address then Add delivery instructions. You can find a google map to mark your location and add instructions as to how to find you.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭spookwoman

They've done it, I've done it and they don't bother reading it. Was warned by support in the first call back in December the drivers do their own thing and don't bother reading delivery instructions.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

This is proper trivial, I started watching a show recently and it's not for everyone but very popular too. Cancelled halfway through series three. I have two episodes to watch and I'm unreasonably annoyed

• Advertisement

opened a six pack of crisps, second handful and nahhh something is up, these don’t taste good. Best before date…07 February ‘24….

Only purchased a few days back…. A supermarket selling food almost 6 months months after the best before…

‘Making Food Easier’…. is their slogan… ‘making you ill even easier’ might be more appropriate… 🤮

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭Archeron

People who say they will "craft" an email.

So you're going to hand carve it from wood or metal maybe? Perhaps some nice colorful additions such as shiny buttons, or maybe a poem carved on its surface?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Found a computer identical to my fav one just a bit slower, at 300€ cheaper than I expected.

Spent a happy afternoon musing in my brain about what I would do with the "extra" money and even mused about going away away for a few days with it.

Got hammered with two medical bills for this coming week, which will prob leave me with about 0.50c of that by the time it's finished.

😣😣😣

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭drury..

Postman don't use eircodes afaik

I had one flag me down looking for a house

I suggested use the eircode, I don't think he even knew how.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Deli worker cutting up the chicken fillet to go in the roll and she leaves out a piece of the fillet! Just leaves it on the cutting board and wraps up the roll and away she goes. Zero fcuks given as if she hadn't just committed a cardinal sin!

Thank god it wasn't my roll or she'd be ordered to open it back up. I'm TA'd for the poor person in front of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I can assure you, any postal operative worth their salt use eircodes, especially when you've to deal with idiots buying parcels who either forget or don't bother putting their name or actual address on the parcel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Sometimes that's down to the website, screwing up the entered Irish address, using a US \ Canadian form that confuses ppl here.
    And then when you realise it and you see the shipped email, no way to correct it… TA!

I've seen the house number shunted to the end of the address, so
    O'Connell Street 56
    And the label on the box being too small so it just says O'Connell Street

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭drury..

I'm talking about an post postmen

I've heard a few times they don't use them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Sigma101

Stickied threads on Boards that are decades out of date.

• Advertisement

take away order, for 6 people, yet my order comes back… a cheese burger instead of a quarter pounder with cheese… not a biggie but person going for the food was insistent that they’d remember the order and didn’t need to write it.

Advertisement