Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,891 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Team GB

Team USA

Team Ireland

Why not just call them GB, USA or Ireland? Since when did we need to add the TEAM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,473 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Connections the NYT game . Just very annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Don't think I could agree more with a post. We had no staged photos for our wedding, yet still haven't gone through the album. I find the more 'annoying' or Bridezilla like the bride is, the more likely the photos are going to be OK Magazine.

My TA: leaving my charger behind on a party bus on a stag, and going to the bother of picking up a new one (well the plug and seperate cable) for north of €50 only for it not to work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

drury you've been asked multiple times not to comment on peoples ta's and argue with them on thread, you will find yourself thread banned next time if you do it again.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

On second thought... it is a sport... but from the point of view of the horses! :pac: 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Went grocery shopping yesterday morning and put all the stuff in the boot as normal.

Decided to go to another supermarket on the way home (don't normally do this) and picked up a few more bits. When I got out, there was car parked right up to my boot so I decided to throw that bag on the back seat instead.

Emptied the boot when I came home but only remembered about the other bag now. All fridge stuff in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Charlo30

Every second Galway car heading to Croke Park belting out N17 by the Saw Doctors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,729 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Sunday morning and 10.45 some oldish neighbour is going around with an ancient and mega decibel spewing old petrol mower from what genuinely looks like from about 1985 doing all the grass verges…

It’s Sunday morning , people are having lie ins, sleep ins or just enjoying a tranquil and peaceful Sunday morning .

Kindly go and jump in a river you prick.

The residents association usually do this on a Saturday afternoon, modern equipment, efficiently and reasonably quietly, this looks like a lone auld fella who had nothing to do on a particular Sunday and decided to make himself ’useful’

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Can somebody lease explain this modern lingo for me 🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I feel your pain. After my recent incapacitation, I got to go to the supermarket for the first time in a month the other day. I seemed to have put everything away but something was niggling at me so I checked again. No, everything seems fine.

Six or seven hours later I go back into the kitchen and see a six-pack of Jiggly Pops (Aldi's version of Wibbly Wobbly Wonders) sitting on the ground, completely melted. 🫠

I still bunged them into the freezer for a crystallised, deconstructed Wibbly Pop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,889 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Habitual lateness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Fruit flies . . Dirty little buggers are rampant this weather.

Why wont GAA football fans these days admit Die Hard 5 is muck?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Obligatory:

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

- Groucho Marx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭Archeron

My bag of monster munch had a total of seven monster feet in it.

Also people who hang bags of dog sh*te from tree branches should be shot into the sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭apache

After been caught up in the madness of Phibsboro with GAA fans earlier Armagh fans are acting like dick heads on the way home past mine beeping their horns loudly and continueously, blaring their songs and hanging out of the windows shouting. Idiots! There's still a few stragglers coming. Really really annoying.

Went to rent a film on sky , but it’s only available to buy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The weird bathroom colour of the basketball court in the 'games'

Edited to add that print around each end only adds to the ancient tile/vinyl appearance - I'm half thinking of those shag rugs around the base of the toilet 🤮

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

But gaa is their religion now remember.

My TA: toddled down to local Tesco to get a bottle of vino only to find the place was a clusterfuc. Went home without going in.

Exacerbate and exasperate are not the same word. Really wish some people would learn this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭oneweb

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

TA at myself, seem to have no energy or 'get up and go' in me, today!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

TA'ed when a toilet seat is loose and slides from side to side when you shift your weight a bit.

That my bus is approximately the temperature of the earth's core.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,473 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Was as sick as a small hospital in work this morning. Sweats pumping out of me, feeling faint and vomity. Was horrendously busy and barely got permission to go home, but got a two-day sick cert now. All afternoon in bed and on antibiotics for a chest complaint.

But one or two snide remarks from co-workers were a TA. Some of them knew I had a stag at the weekend, and I didn't deny that I was, but they were basically suggesting I was faking it and too hungover to work. They should mind their own beeswax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,423 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

More spelling TAs.

Loose/lose

Alot/a lot

Noone/no one

TA for a long time I was spelling liaisons as liasons. Surprised didnt cop correct spelling from the film Dangerous Liaisons.

That RTE coverage of the Olympic Games are geo locked so stuck with GB centric coverage

• Advertisement

TA the similarities of Irish and Italian flags

Advertisement