Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

1373839404143»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,939 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

There's just been an automated announcement that my bus will be diverted due to an "incident" on our route, but no word from the driver as to where or what the diversion actually is. That's helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Magical Mystery Tour!! 🚌

My trivial annoyance is my colleague who has given up wearing his headphones when we are on the call with multiple people. He is in the same room as me so if I say anything, I can hear my voice in the delay, which interferes with the rest of what I am trying to say. I've said it to him repeatedly, but he doesn't care. The other person in the room isn't impressed either, but she obviously doesn't matter either.

There are usually about 10 people on the call, half of them in India, and at least one of them also doesn't have headphones on either, so the very loud hustle and bustle of their office is annoying too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,414 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Might be related to road closures around the Dail for the budget… but yeah, that's well annoying from the driver.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Posters with superiority complexes who feel the need to correct someone else's grammar on thread. It is so smug and petty.

The sign of a truly insufferable asshole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

It's amazing how much quicker the kettle boils when it's plugged in…🙄

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,414 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

This is beyond trivial and well into petty territory, but one of my colleagues drinks several espressos a day and only ever takes the cup back to his desk with him, so the espresso cups and saucers, which are neatly arranged on tip of the coffee machine, are always mismatched. It annoys me no end and beyond any logic or reason.

Turns out there were two - one around an accident on Granby Row and the other because of Kildare St etc being closed - neither of which the driver actually bothered to announce the details of.

I knew about the Budget closures thanks to Twitter, but none of the Loreto girls got off on Nassau St, so god knows where they ended up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Hotel pillow was so flat and sh1t I've an awful crick in my neck. Driving home with it wasn't fun. I hate hotel pillows with a passion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭spookwoman

People who generate work for others.

I want to get some compost

Me - Why? Planting season is over and where are the bags going to go.

I want to get some and "we" will find somewhere to put it.

They went out got 3 bags and just left them on a trolley outside the back door while they f*cked off back inside and got into their night clothes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,882 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

friendly acquaintance who has my phone hopping having spent the last x hours just updating random memes on Facebook…

Whilst I appreciate life isn’t plain sailing right now, marriage break up over the summer etc… they didn’t reply to my last message about a month ago and I’m fúcked if I’m reading and liking everything and anything about the value of friendship…cats…dogs…mental health for about the 25th time..

I’ve disabled their notifications…. 😵‍💫 only so much you can do..jeeezus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭Archeron

The voice of the kid singing in the radiio ads for Smyths Toy Superstore.

And people putting meetings in your calendar at 1.15. Fook off, i dont get paid for my lunch break and i now won't be able to take a break because of your needless babblezoom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Propose another time. Or if you have to attend, call them out on their timing. All it takes is one person to make a stand. I did that a few years ago and as a result, Zooms between 12.00 and 2.00 were no longer tolerated.

Another perennial TA of mine, but even 2 is a fcuking stupid time for a meeting. If you take your lunch at 1 you still have to cut it short to be back at your desk/in the meeting room prepped and ready to go.

I'm a late luncher - 1.30 if I'm in the office, could be 3pm at home - and 2pm meetings are the bane of my poxy life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,882 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

the abomination of a gobshîte on tiktok who put up a multi photo and multi paragraph post lamenting the death of American Pickers Frank Fritz…. Actually 9 photos used, but, all photos he uses are of Franks buddy Mike Woulfe, who is still very much alive and kicking…. His response are indicative of someone just courting attention and notoriety rather than someone who made an error.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Jaysis some people, how can you be in a job this long and still unable to do it?. And why oh why does the super not pull them on it and pick on far more minor issues with other competent people?.

Advertisement