Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

It's the New Church. All welcom$

For those of all faiths; and those of none; and those who need a kick in the bum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,919 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Not being able to leave windows open due to the smell of smoke.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭apache

Got stung twice by a huge Queen bee on the side and arm this morning when it got trapped underneath my teeshirt. It was like being attacked by nettles.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭galwayguy85

"Daily driver" for anything related to tech. Phone, laptop, smart speaker, washing machine etc etc. Just say it's what you use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,677 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I find it annoying when people are always following trends, throwing out things all the time to have the great new thing, it seems so boring to me.

Post edited by freshpopcorn on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

why the thundering jaysus a cafe has a snazzy website, but no menu on said website ?

I click on ‘ menu ‘ on four occasions thinking I’ve done something wrong but it brings me to a page with two options, both pertaining to getting a delivery. ‘Add address’ & ‘login’..

I just wish to look at the menu as last and only time there I had a coke and a muffin….enjoyed the muffin, comfort and ambiance and place was packed and am curious about food….but nope no info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

As bad as that is when you click menu it’s photographs of one , not a list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

^ That’s a trend now I’ve noticed

Ohh I’ve two TA’s in 35 minutes….

Self care 30 mins before bed…including a beard trim, get into bed, rub face but it feels weird like one side is still quite hairy, other just stubbley…check my mush in the tablet camera, errr was obviously not concentrating so TA’d at myself for having to get up and having to trim the left side properly to match the right…..🤐🤷‍♂️🥊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,376 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I can't sleep with the heat and humidity, tomorrow will be fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,677 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm the same with the last few nights!

I'm up now watching massive flashes in the distance. ☺️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,376 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Lucky you, it's not even raining here.

Look at us, nearly 4 in the morning and not a child washed. 😂

So weird, wide awake, normally I'm in a coma. Getting anxious now, I really dont think I'm going to get any sleep. Work will be fun.🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Forgot the Olympics homecoming ceremony was on today. It just took my bus about 25 minutes to get down O'Connell St.

Also, the level of snark on Boards lately. Everyone is like a bag of cats. I mean, there was always a large contingent of Victor Mildrews, but I dunno, it seems like the general tone of the place has changed lately, and not for the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,433 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Gen Z "trend" of not throwing things out and keeping things going for longer.

Agree with it but annoying Gen Zers saying they "discovered" it. No you didn't you twats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭Bredabe

To stay sane over the bank holiday I started to drag out stuff from places, now they are mostly sorted and gone or going to relevant charities this week.

One large item im not sure about one, so I emailed the recycling co to check if they will take it after the 30k drive to them, no response, no response on sm but a message saying I must call their call centre between 10-12, 3-5 weekday.

Great, so no options for ppl who are hoh or visually impaired or who work unsociable hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Parents of children/young adults who have learning or sociability challenges that have genetic components, who then use harsh labelling on the same group who don't have similar success as their kids due to the differing challenges in that youngsters' work/learning environment

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I’m a nervous wreck today. It’s like I’m anticipating something bad to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

TA'd that the milkman never removes the plastic packaging from our cartons of milk. Seems like we get the last two cartons in the pack so they just leave the plastic in place 😐

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Benches as seating options in private homes. Why are they even a thing? I was at a friends house for board games yesterday and he had proper seats on one side and a bench on the other. After 8 hours on the bench my back is in bits today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

So, my boss and I decide that we'd quite like a recycling bin for our lab as people keeping putting recycling stuff into clinical waste and those bags cost a fortune to incinerate. I contact our sustainability person about it. No response. I see her in the hallway one day and she tells me she'll get on it. Nothing. I email her again. Nothing.
    This morning she sends out an email complaining about people putting non-clinical stuff in clinical waste. FFS.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

People who just never. Stop. Whinging. I'm acutely aware of the irony of posting about this on here, btw, but you know the type: you could ask them literally anything - how are you, did you have a good weekend, any plans for your few days off, etc etc - and they'll have the most miserable, woe-is-me answer every single time. They're like human Eeyores, and they're so draining to be around. Like, I'm not exactly Little Miss Sunshine (you may all be absolutely shocked to hear), but mother of god, I die a little inside every time I see one of these coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I'm super wired/angry/cranky today. Hate that.

I’m nearly sorry to complain of this , but it’s annoying that I have to switch glasses between boards and tv , plus I’m after looking at the glass of water I’m drinking only to see about 5 flies in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

I am definitely stealing Human Eeyores 😂

My task today is to use it in a sentence, TA that it shouldn't be too difficult to find reason.

hiccups

People who sit on the outside seat on the bus and put their bag on the inside so no-one can sit beside them. Twats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Not trivial as such but when your boss has a right go at you - and lists in order all the things that (to their mind) you did wrong.

I hate showing weakness in work but I had to go off for a cry.

Advertisement