Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Poochie05

And ones who do call you but let it ring once and then hang up before you can answer, even though your phone is tight beside you, and then email saying we tried to contact you but couldn't 😡

My TA is a member of staff in doctors surgery filling a shop bought water bottle at the dispenser with the rim that has probably been drunk out of already pressed right up on the dispenser nozzle and contaminating it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,433 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Camper van w*nkers with huge campers on winding narrow roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Facebook hackers impersonating a friend so they can hack my account too. I asked them questions only that friend would know... No response strangely enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The number of junk mails on Hotmail has increased massively in recent weeks. Getting about 40 a day with a few genuine mails getting marked as junk no matter how many times I say "Never send mails from… to junk folder"

Have had my account since 1996 so not inclined to change it….yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I started watching the passion of the Christ and googled it during a break . There really is a passion of the Christ 2 in the offing . Wtf ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

wait till silage time and 16yo’s flying in tractors they can’t control at that weight edit I just saw it’s August so most Kamakezi tractor eejets are back to school next month

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Slept at the edge of the mattress. Pain not so bad. Asked landlord how old it was. He said a few years but heavily implied that I'd have to pay for a new one.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Stansted airport.

The worst ran, dirtiest, cramped sh1tty airport ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Check that out, the mattress is part of the bed you rent as part of the property and imo once you didn't vandalise it, it's wear and tear and should be replaced by LL. There is a tax deduction for them if they do.

Ta, Ll trying to pull tricks like this still and esp in this housing environment.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

I got an email message from one of the students(forward all type thing) in it was a complaint from the group smart alec with a scan of a handwritten message I had to leave for him at the time. As my handwriting is illegible, I write in block to make it as clear as I can make it.

Asking the group if "they" like he thought I was too illiterate as I could write properly. we normally have a typed messaging system but it didn't work for this situation.

Ta'ed that of all the ppl who I had to leave this message for it was the uneducated(in this area) know it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Dad dancing (or the female equivalent thereof!) to the Clash's "Rock the Casbah" while singing to to the dog - and noticed that someone was walking past ……

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,376 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

If you bought one could the landlord store the one you currently have and you take the new one with you? Landlords won't spend enough to get a decent mattress.

I'm TA that I'm starting to sound like a mattress salesperson. 🤣🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,677 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm at a point in my life now where I'm a bit excited about giving the fridge a good clean!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

True but I'm not 100% that it's the problem and I'd have to both pay for and move the thing.

TA that something which sits inert can be both horrifyingly expensive and complicated.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

A creaking door.

Rare sunny day outside, birds singing and your caught up inside in some man made complicated piece of boring **** and trying to fix it. AKA work.

Not really trivial, but people who waste food. Half eaten meals. Food left to go off in the fridge.

Not a huge fan but took a fancy to a cone this lunchtime, went into my fav ice cream place, €2.75 up appox 0.50c since early July. Ire up, I had a look at the other shops that sell cones and those prices vary from € 2.75 to €3.00. The owners of these businesses will be whinging in sept bc ppl not holidaying at home anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ta my occasional treat ruined by price gouging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

In fairness, that's so satisfying when it's done. Especially when you've taken all the glass shelves out and given them a good wash and buff.

Equally satisfying is getting sheets dried on the line on a warm day.

Yes I'm dull and middle aged. When did that happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,677 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm nearly 32.

Felt good about cleaning the bathroom also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

I bought a Flash speed mop and I'm thinking of asking @Leg End Reject to team up for a shopping channel as I'm telling EVERYONE to buy one!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,919 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Have you tried getting into a stretching regimen in the morning, or at some point in the day? If it’s not the bed causing the problem it might be muscular.

Could be worth a shot.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,341 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If you are side sleeping this might help… support pillow for between the knees.
    Can probably get cheaper online.

https://www.boots.ie/jml-contour-legacy-leg-pillow-1028688

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I just saw someone rinsing a clementine under the tap. What's the point??? They're going to peel it before they eat it anyway.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

TA next door neighbour installed a flag pole and flag a while ago, the real TA is the noise of it flapping in the wind today while I am working at my desk. We live up a hill, it gets very windy at times.

My only solace is I don't think that the flag (and possibly pole) will last through the winter winds and storms here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I'm vying here for the most trial annoyance ever!

Picked up my prescription from the pharmacy today and as usual the area on the box that says "Affix Dispensing Label Here" was free of any label and the label was stuck across the part of the box that had most of the product info printed on it.

Why not stick the label where it clearly says "Affix Dispensing Label Here"?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Cringy photos and videos of gardai being 'cool' and 'having the craic' at the Fleadh.

There is no way they'd be as forthcoming to posing for selfies etc. if it was a less family-friendly environment, and there'd probably less of them willing to volunteer to go on duty for it too. G

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

an absolute dweeb riding his e-scooter across the indoor concourse of a building I was in earlier. He wasn’t exactly taking his time, pretty much the opposite. Seriously, Is this going to become a thing now… ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭suvigirl

This is a.very strange post.

Gardai are first and foremost a community based police force, particularly in a family friendly environment, they want to be part of it!

Advertisement