Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

According to google , Ireland has the 2nd best income in the world . TA is I must have missed that 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Charlo30

House alarm going off in the estate since 5am

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Last post on this, honestly. Anyone have any idea on how to choose a mattress? My landlord may consider thinking about replacing mine but even if he doesn't, I'll have to.

TA that I can't just buy one without research.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You'll just have to try one, Dark Horse.

Do you prefer a soft surface, a medium one with some support or a hard surface (not a plank but...)? Do you prefer some bounce (with the old springs) or a soft, more giving feel (memory/foam), or a bit of both?

Do try a topper, until you decide, they are game changers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Toppers are worth it? Like mine is a bit on the thin side. If I push the middle fairly hard, I can feel the bottom but it is memory foam.

Are toppers as hard to choose? Sounds like I'd have to wander into a shop and just try some.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They come in different thicknesses (is that a word?), some can be 10cm thick. Mine is only a thin one (3cm) but I still notice the difference when I don't use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Im not really a pedantic person (I'm well aware I live in my own glasshouse)

However the misuse of two phrases really irritates me more than it should.

Blood is thicker than water....does not mean your family blood ties are the strongest... ironically it's stating the opposite (blood spilled in battle is stronger than the water of the womb I think is the full version....so basically your brother in arms is a stronger bond than your brother from the same womb)

Secondly and I'm not religious but for the love of God the immaculate conception is not the conception of Jesus.

Both things set a little rage inside of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,341 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Leprechaun economics. Blink and whoosh… the little fecker has gone with the pot of gold and you're left with measly GNP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leprechaun_economics

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Driving a long distance last night. Took off my glasses when I arrived & one of the lenses popped out. This time I can’t find the screw. Waiting for an opticians to open & hope they can fix it. Spare pair is 100 miles away.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got a topper 2 weeks ago, believe me you won't regret getting one, that's all I'll say.

Ta getting soaked on my run this morning.

• Advertisement

At the risk of TA'ing others, can I ask what kind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,376 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Can you get a free trial of an Emma mattress or topper? Link to Irish site below.

Use it as research to see if it makes a difference and send it back, but you really need to try different mattresses or toppers in shops.

https://www.emma-sleep.ie/toppers/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Talked and demonstrated how to cook rice sachets to a client, I also watched them read the instructions(as literacy and nerves are a problem here) popped in today and they had ignored the instructions and took the rice out of the package and "cooked" in on the plate they were nuking their protein on. It's likely not cooked.

Ta the wasted energy in explaining this over and over to be ignored.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

To be fair, the portions in middle of the road restaurants are insane. They nearly always substitute quality for quantity. But then people will complain about small portions at high end restaurants:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I'm only talking about the food waste in my house. 🙄

Now, multiply that by all the households and restaurants. And you have an insane amount of food waste.

What happens to all the uneaten food from those huge buffet breakfasts in every hotel every morning ?

Insane !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Grown adults riding bikes and e-scooters on footpaths. It's actually gotten worse since they apparently banned e-scooters on footpaths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

There's actually loads of hotels doing breakfast bags on Too Good To Go now.

My TA is that I've to be up at 3 in the morning to go to the airport at half. Pretty sure that's against the Geneva Conventions…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yeah, no helmets either. People who wouldn't touch a cigarette because it's bad for their health flying along risking brain damage to themselves and others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

wearing a dark grey and off white horizontal striped patterned t-shirt.. Took a Coke Zero from the fridge, opened it straight away and it exploded a bit, mostly on the white part of the shirt…..stain about 7 x 3 inches …. I’d only changed into the t-shirt 25 minutes ago, having thought about a plain black tee originally…. Ended up having to change into it anyway. 🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The latter is usually accompanied with a satchel draped around the shoulder and the scooteree puffing from a vape.

My TA: got a paint imprint on my hand that I couldn't wash off in the shower. Putting a letter through a letter-box earlier, and the door started to swing open. I grabbed it to stop it doing so, not knowing it was freshly painted (and presumbly kept slightly ajar to stop the door sticking the frame when the paint dries). Got bits of the residue on every envelope thereafter. So much for the courtesy of a 'WET PAINT' sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Deregos.

It's probably gloss oil paint they used on the front door so white spirits will clean it off grubby mitts.

TA . . Shops that don't put prices on their shelf items, so you to have to carry it over and ask the assistant "how much is this?"

Why wont GAA football fans these days admit Die Hard 5 is muck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Sigma101

People who put photos in their signatures on Boards.

It feels like I’ve slept trough the whole week . I can’t believe it’s nearly Friday .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

the unfunny dull Malteesers advertisement that’s been shown now for eternity, about one hundred times every day for about a decade, the one with two doctors in the restaurant …

“ just a snog ? “ ….. “ughhh don’t remember ! “

It’s trivially annoying and stupid in its own right…but…If that advert features two male doctors….having the same conversation about women they met….you would imagine the uproar….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭L Grey

I was passed by an e-scooter this evening.

Yer man on it was wearing a biker racing jacket.

My TA is people walking toward me - pick a side and stick to it. It's not difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭moonage

And she has half a dozen Maltesers on the table in front of her and just pushes them onto the ground.

Very weird!

I must look them up . Are they nationwide or online . My mattress is killing my back

I just looked them up . One might help with back pain

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Charlo30

Politely declined a family event at the weekend and now getting grief about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The one time I get a chance to go to the toilet at work and the damn thing is closed for cleaning

Advertisement