Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

listening all week about EP in work , the amount of drink they bought, what time they're leaving, what they're packing , what road to go ……… and on and on and on all bloody week, the videos have started this morning and will continue until the end of next week. Had to endure sitting in traffic on way home yest and same this morning and more to come this evening so have had my fill of it

It's a great festival and hope everyone has a ball but jesus give us a break with the minute details of every little thing please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Getting bit phazed out myself as well with all the minutae of the EP overheard in the street and in the shops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Then the big rush for tickets next week when no one even knows who'll be performing there, say it's about the experience and yet give out when line up announced

Oh lord its going to be a longer week than I thought actually !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

It's a great festival and hope everyone has a ball but jesus give us a break with the minute details of every little thing please

It used to be a great festival. And no, it's not me getting old that's the problem! 😄 👴

My trivial annoyance is also the Electric Picnic because people keep asking me if I'm going. In fairness, I went to the first 14 of them but I haven't been there since 2017, and I probably should have stopped earlier.

Still, I like the idea of being there…but maybe with a Star Trek-type transporter system to beam me to 'safety' when needed. I don't even mind the whole camping aspect.

Then I remember the line-up and all is well again…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Parents bringing infants and toddlers on airplanes. Torturing their own kids and everyone else. Unless you are emigrating then it's fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The media coverage is a TA. You'd swear it was some rite of passage that everyone must go to a festival at some stage in their lives, and that its a newsworthy event accordingly.

Heard something called the 'forest of mystery' advertised as part of the set- nope, not for me. Don't fancy mingling with crusties.

Parents bringing kids to it too- considering there is a garda warning about the dangers of synthetic drugs, it doesn't sound like the most child-friendly environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The process of registering a death.

So I'm going to have to take a day off work and do a 160km round trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

Changing my trousers and then washing a spoon just before leaving the house. If anyone asks im just gonna say yes, i p*ssed myself, thanks for noticing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Have a weird slight pain in my temple which I haven't had in a long time. Maybe someone tried to hit me with a sniper rifle and just grazed my like Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,677 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There's a funeral home.

Before you used enter and there was a place for the extended family/mourners to sit.(People you wouldn't shake hands with.)

Now there all on top of one another.

You've to decide to shake hands with people who might be mourners and for them to stare at you strangely or ignore them and for them to think your rude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

two cyclist incidents in 15 minutes…

1. Girl about 18 cycling on a path, past a row of shops, staring and smiling into her phone which she’s holding in one hand..lad about 15 comes around the corner with a small dog on a lead… the spa on the bike misses hitting the dog by about a foot, dog and kid are startled…kid picks up dog, continues home. Seriously 🤌🏻.
    2. turning right into my place having indicated to do so, different kid that was behind us on their bike on the road, inexplicably mounts the path 🤪 and cycles in front of us as the turn is half complete, we miss hitting each other by probably inches.. and the fella wasn’t going around the corner, he was continuing straight, why he just doesn’t stay on the road.. gimp.

TA : why some cyclists choose to check their cop on at the door these days..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

People that say "erbs" instead of HERBS! Mainly Americans.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I bailed out after 2014 - couldn't hack the camping anymore.

Would love to stay in a B&B within walking distance. A good night's sleep and a shower the following morning makes a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A point of contention in my house, I was taught to say erbs as it's the French word for them and it was then considered uneducated to use the silent H. Other family members consider this to be an affectation.

Ta reading the coverage of a crime in one of the cities my sib lives in, while serious enough, the way the local media were covering it ppl would think it was a mass murder! Ta2 media blowing all kinds of things out of proportion.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,341 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Stalking the Amazon delivery van … 8 stops away… hasn't moved in 30 minutes… move goddamit.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

neighbour’s dog again having a barkathon the last 90 minutes …. No audible attempt whatsoever by its owner to influence it to stop… dog is a large working breed, only saving grace is it hasn’t set off the other neighbour’s dog which it usually does. Hopefully it tires itself out by my sleep time.

Never a peep out of the dog in the morning or afternoon, same time or thereabouts every evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

McGregor's nobody sister's wedding get media coverage.

'Coke or yokes for the mains?'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That sitting doing Fcuk all means I’m not hungry. Flip side is my fish and chips will also do for dinner tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I’m back out of bed despite taking my ZZZ tablets .

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Charlo30

Just back from a walk in the Phoenix Park where I came across a family happily feeding the Deer, 20 paces away from a sign asking people not to feed the deer. Some people clearly don't care about the potential harm they could cause the Deer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Woke up with a headache. Fuming😠

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My sibling cannot pronounce the word 'Supposedly'. Instead, they say "poseably". It is a very very TA for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Ruined my weekend away by falling and splitting my head open.

Outdoor DIY job by one of the neighbours commences at 12.55 on a Sunday afternoon. Disassembling a garden storage container.

The man is hammering away with a mallet for 25 minutes and whatever else, non stop and then dragging the bits down the path to his trailer. A nice quiet relaxing Sunday ? Hmmm hasn’t started off in that fashion but as I’m typing it seems to have stopped….

Post edited by Strumms on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭wildwillow

That is awful, Dial Hard. Splitting your head open is not recommended. Hope there is no damage to your spinal column.

Asshole shops that continually overcharge at the till versus the diaplayed price, and even worse when they get snotty when called out on it.

Bought something marked 2.15 in a local shop that i know always does this, so got a receipt. Price at the till went in at 2.95.

Went back to the till and raised it to which i got in order of annoyed excuses, we're rotating old stock, the tag isnt updated yet, well there's nothing i can do, that's the till price.

I then asked for my money back and got an eye roll that would win awards and the comment from her, does it really make that much difference as she angrily opened the till.

Yes, a 40% or so difference. Its not your money.

Amazingly these are the shops where the customer facing display on the till showing the scanned pricing is invariably broken, missing or blocked by stock.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Advertisement