Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

there are no adverts on BBC TV. But christ they make up for it with all the adds on their websites.
    Multiple adds in a row in the middle of attempting to read down through one sporting article 😏

This add cluster is in the middle of the article…. In addition there is the obligatory pop up looking for your email address… let me just access the site, read what i want and go about my day…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I live beside a nice well looked after green area.

The grass has been let grow about a foot high, but they've cut large sections , so kids have a play area and wildlife have a play area...win/win

Walking though it today and right in the middle of the cut area is a massive turd.

I swear to god I'm one step away from (if I ever found out whose dog it is) smearing their hall door/car handles with it!

Maybe that will learn them.... ignorant arseholes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Day 2 of low level headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

If my corpse is pulled to the church by anything less than four elephants, your asses are getting haunted.

TA that im having a bank holiday Friday half day from work pint in a beautiful peaceful riverfront bar, really mellow music playing, bubbling river and birdies singing. Aaah. Unfortunately there are three acTORs a couple of tables up, and every now and then one of them randomly sings a word or four in their conversation, really really loudly, like theyre on stage.

They seem to think they're simply amazing. Nobody else does. I'm hoping they fall into the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

You have me picturing the two thespians from blackadder now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,546 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm standing on a gas drum painting outside and the Google Street View car drives by!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

At least they'll blur your face. 🤣

My TA is that I'm going to have to cut the grass.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It doesn't always work, but a lot of the times clicking here will strip away lots of the crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The usual suspects blaming single mothers for all of society's woes. Every one of those kids has a father too, you assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I took today off work, and cutting the grass was the one thing that I intended to do.

But I convinced myself that I should trim the hedge first, so the lawnmower would collect the hedge trimmings.

Then I remembered that I bought some sort of trimmer/pruner from Lidl a while ago which I hadn't opened, so this would be a perfect time to use it.

After putting the various bits together, I tried it out on the hedge, but it's more of a chainsaw/pruner that a trimmer so it wasn't suitable.

So I'm trivially annoyed that I still haven't cut the grass or trimmer the hedge, and am currently watching something I recorded on telly earlier in the week.

The eternal procrastinator!! 😕😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Nosey relatives who you haven't seen in years asking about every aspect of your life 😡

The very same relatives who would prefer to see you doing badly rather than doing well 🙄

(…Luckily I'm doing v well 😜 )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I see plenty of them in cow sheds in my travels, as parties seem to be ignoring their messages, you prob safe enough and if you get into trouble you can play the green card.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A couple of ta's, that I didn't see this new thread until it was almost 100 posts in!

The worlds' loudest, compulsive talker and cranky man giving out all day about a woman he met in his job who is………….loud, talkative and cranky.

Sugar cravings, there is nothing I can think of that would sate these and so on and on it goes.

OMG 3e for a bag of bagel bits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

When you buy something and soon afterwards see it on sale at a much reduced price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

It’s a balancing act when it comes to music box sets.

Pre-order at full price in case it sells out quickly. If that happens, you’re forced to deal with scalpers if you still want a copy.

Or take a chance & wait for it to be half-price six months later.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

In the pub and every single pint I've had has been terrible. I even brought one back to the bar it was so bad. I have not done that in a very long time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Stupid weather alerts on my laptop, the sun is splitting the ground outside, a fantastic day and I'm getting a weather alert that there's rain on Monday, don't spoil my basking in the sunshine with this news. 😄

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,330 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That Butternutter dog food brand.

For people with notions who refer to their dogs as 'fur babies' or the 'boss of the house'.

Anyone who takes up space in their fridge for dog food needs their head examined.

As if the dog knows it's of better quality. My dog could be given a heel of bread (handiest way to get rid of it) and be as proud as punch prancing around with it in her mouth before she eats it.

And apropos to nothing, them fecking boxes weigh quare much for what they contain. TA having to deliver them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When you can see someone's big, greasy head-mark on the bus window 🤮

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Trivially annoying - craving a McDs coffee, so go to the drive-thru and the queue is backed up outside the gate and onto the main road. 😣

Very annoying - queuing for 15+ mins to order, only to be told "sorry, the coffee machine is out of order". 😠😠

Rage inducing - spending another 15+ minutes stuck in the queue because I can't get out of it. 🤬🤬🤬

FFS McDs, (Belgard Road). If you know the coffee machine is out-of-order, why was there no notice put up at the entrance today, like you usually do?!?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

On a packed bus, with people standing, when someone got off the bus, the guy left in the seat gave his bag the window seat, and settled in to start making a phone call.

I was happy to see one of the people standing immediately asked him to move the bag, so that they could sit. Shouldn't have even had to ask. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Stuck behind a guy in traffic that I can see in his sideview mirror and for about 10 minutes he has being rooting at his nostril.

Just because you're in a car doesn't mean you are invisible ya f***ing neanderthal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

That's okay. But you know what was worse?

As I was sitting in the practically non-moving queue, I saw one of the supervisors leave and get into his car, and he was holding a regular size McDs coffee cup.

Now, it might have been water… but 🤨🤨🤨

The coffee machine being "out of order" seems to be happening a lot recently, coincidentally its always when they're very busy.

Be glad it was only his nose... sitting on the top deck of the bus gives you visibility to loads of other stuff... under the belt stuff. Enough to make your breakfast repeat on you.

Let's just say I stopped shaking hands with people way before Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I had to sign up to TNT sports to watch the CL final . Really the TA is despite living a mile from the border I can’t get a FTA signal because I live in a hollow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Sickly couples who make **** nicknames for each other that they expect everyone else to follow…like JJ or Jashi. No sorry love. Stfu. We don't need to hear your corny nick names. 🙄

When they have things packed really tight on supermarket shelves and there is no gap at the top. Worst thing is glass jars, you try to wiggle one free and the ones on either side want to come too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,269 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I see a family enjoying these drinks in stupid looking red and blue single use plastic containers with straws. We are truly fcuked as a species if we can't stop producing and buying this unnecessary shìt. They don't look like they hold all that much drink either.

Advertisement