Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Back to work in the morning after having 4 weeks holidays.

Getting a bit tense about it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,971 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Watching a Lego video on YouTube. The manufacturers say Lego so why do ^*&% Americans have to say Legos?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭L Grey

I woke up late today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

Usually yes, but this case was a circle k. I actually stopped using my local supervalu entirely because of this very reason though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My local Centra is bad for this too. I always get a receipt & check it on the spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭mehico

Occasionally you hear people talking about georgian or victorian houses on property programmes but would it not be easier for everyone to just say the actual year or decade or century even?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

how certain young cohorts of people cannot communicate now unless it involves roaring at each other in a dramatic and overly emotive fashion, especially as witnessed earlier…and they are about 5-7 feet away from each other 😵‍💫. I know im getting old but seriously, when did this become a thing ?… it’s reasonably recently. I’d wager most of us were all reasonably rambunctious at certain ages but this is taking the piss with some of these little human foghorns… SHUT UP ! Jaysus again as I type 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭mrpdap

TV on but no one watching

If you go into a pub, tv on in the background, sound off, inevitably on Sky news, no one is watching but its a distraction.
    just turn it off

please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Someone I thought was a mate is having a bit of trouble, money a part of it

Everyone has chipped in a bit, I’ve bought groceries and give them the odd dig out. No biggie, just what anyone should do.

Turns out they’re telling others that no one is doing anything to help - turns out everyone has been helping and yet nothing is good enough.

Had a near 5 hour round trip commute the other day; I’m dealing with pain so on meds and feeling crap and my boss screamed at me for nothing. I texted them and the response was “I wish I had a job”.

Really can’t be bothered reaching out any more tbh.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I normally point out to them that the extra "few cents" I was charged would have got me either a litre of milk, or two tins of beans, or x bread rolls, or a cucumber, or a pack of pasta, etc. and that it would take them x mins of work to earn that. They usually have the decency of looking like they hadn't thought about it before.

• Advertisement

having to change browser on my tablet because it’s gone all laggy, freezey, slow and crashing …. There hasn’t been a browser update in months either for this tablet…. Despite regular device software updates, regular updates for every other app…I updated about a third of them last week but the app I use most… browser, nada…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

the begging on wikipedia every time i google something

• …The amount of absolute rubbish appearing in my Facebook feed over the last 48 hours mostly adds / pages for holidays, hotels, airlines, bars, restaurants and other amenities….More advertising media than social media these days. I suppose when it happened with Instagram, FB was likely to roll out the red carpet and our feeds to the corporates.

sites that don’t let you reject all cookies , and instead you have to scroll down them and deselect them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Obvious bots trying to follow me on Twitter and Fire Stick TV gobshites sending friend requests on Facebook. I have a fire stick I bought legitimately from Amazon. I've paid for streaming services I actually want on it. Though even with a VPN I can't get Pluto TV to work on the damn thing so that's another trivial annoyance. I'm not tech savvy so maybe it's something I'm doing wrong I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,433 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Hope it's not true, the only outlet reporting it is the Sun, so could well be made-up rage bait but the alleged ban on the greeting "pet" at Newcastle Uni.

Bit extreme for offended by everything new-wave puritans.

Yodel driver who leaves my package outside and doesn’t even knock the door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,376 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

People who do a piece of "charity" work while being paid by their companies to do it, and then promote it on LinkedIn to make it look like they care, when all they are doing is marketing themselves and their companies. I find it really creepy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,341 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Doesn't even ahem do any yodelling to let you know?
    :)

That's a TA of mine also. Hence my stalking the Amazon van tracking to see how many stops away it is.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

Yes, so annoying, the default should always be "reject all cookies". I really should just switch to the duck duck go browser. Maybe I enjoy being tracked 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Bloke making my sandwich at lunch cut it square rather than diagonally. The absolute fcuking monster. Then tried to charge me £10 for the thing! Thankfully I was paying attention at the till and went back to them. No sandwich is worth ten quid and definitely not one cut straight rather that diagonally!

That is definitely the best TA I've read in a while. But then your other sandwich is wasted. I hope they are least reused the contents. But anyway. Reminds me, I need to get lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Oh they'd just mislabelled it. They printed a new sticker when I questioned it so nothing went to waste. It definitely tasted weird though being cut square. 🤣

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not all sites allow you to do that, either. Some require you to deselect legitimate interests under the individual partners. Gobshites. That is usually anough to make me go elsewhere. Mind you, clicking on this

usually lets you read the main landing page in a basic layout without the need to accept or reject cookies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

For me the TEMU ads there. Oh wait, they're cliser to home.

That’s there’s a Super blue moon tonight and it’s going to be a cloudy night .

Oh I thought you said there was a Super Blue Movie tonight

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Been experiencing the madness of it waxing for six days

• Advertisement

Public building : “set down only parking” the sign says. But the two geriatric security guards park both vans in the two set down spaces… there before i arrive, still there as I’m leaving so there over two hours…. anybody with a frame, stick, wheelchair, illness / movement disorder has to go to the car park about a third of a km away … and make their way back ….everybody else will undergo a similar but maybe more bare-able inconvenience …

Two of the lads responsible couldn’t catch a bus they are that overweight and one is constantly pulling on a fag despite being in uniform…

Advertisement