Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I took my tablets at midnight and I’m still wide awake. Not a bit of tiredness 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Woodcutting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’ve been in this world all my life . It used to be reading would tire my eyes out but until I get proper reading glasses that’s out

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Woodcutting

People on YouTube video who use that annoying jump cut they think is cool. Also people who make videos and insert a small video of themselves in the corner. Cringe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

On YouTube, clear out everything, reset the app (on my TV) and I still get similar recommendations after 1 video view and the same ads since I got the TV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ten minutes after I hang out the washing, it starts lashing rain 😥

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ta, I can't get on the provincial pages here I use to update myself before I have to spend time there(they make me look hip and cool cause I know the local restaurants/pubs etc)

Ta the message tells me I don't have "permissions" How very dare they!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,341 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Yeah it has been reported as a bug. Some users have been added to "Registered Users 2" group and you'll see it on the profile and they can access them, but that's a temporary workaround.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

I saw one on Instagram the other day that was a video of someone cooking - with a split screen of someone commenting on every thing - THEN there was a floating head of someone who's page it was basically pointing and pulling faces (at the OP or the commenter I know not). It might well have been the most pointless thing I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,433 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Nike ad with some woman modelling their crop top and shorts, not curvy or just a little over but actually unhealthily morbidly obese. The size of her head was tiny compared with the rest of her, i had to double take to see if it was a joke or AI.

All for body positivity but this is not and should not be considered normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Those multi-packs of crisps from Keoghs that are sealed shut with white string.

You're supposed to find the end and unravel but I need the scissors every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Charlo30

The inability for some people to queue at a bus stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

woken up by my neighbours with his dog again going apeshît barking…its tool of an owner at 6.40 was up doing something out his back, slamming the garage door and dragging something that obviously disturbed the dog. Despite the fact it’s just 6.40 there is zero effort to on his behalf to get the dog to be quiet… not a glance towards the dog or a syllable uttered to it to correct it / calm it / influence its desisting.

The fücking eejit works from home mostly, plus we still have bright evenings so why he’s up that early doing domestic shît ? Hes been consistently a psycho decibel creating nuisance for years…every few days ‘ the next thing’..’the next project’…at some mad hour of the AM or PM he's fixing something, he's moving something, he's installing something…. Just ….QUIT IT ! 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭apache

Kids on my bus route not paying. Groups of them get on, tell the driver they have no money and only going a few stops and get let on. Happened four times today. Other people don't bother at all.

I understand the driver dosen't want hassle but it annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

This one popped into my head when I was scrolling through headlines this morning: the use of the phrase "storylines" in sport, e.g. "The 3 top storylines ahead of Liverpool's clash with Arsenal" or "The 5 storylines set to resume after the F1 summer break".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,341 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Clickbait headlines like Everybody is saying the same thing about X

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,433 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Bet they got money for trainers and phones though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

other people making plans for my upcoming birthday…I like to keep it low key, under the radar and non dramatic…. I dislike being the centre of attention but it seems like now it’s out for dinner and after party thing. “ hey, what do you fancy doing ?” might have been nice as opposed to… “Sept xx we are making a night of it, come on ! “. 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Poochie05

2 packs in a six pack of crisps weren’t sealed properly so they had gone stale but it’s ages since I bought them and have already eaten a few packs so doubt I can bring them back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Which stops as soon as you take it in. Repeat ad nauseum until you finally give in and get out the clothes horse/throw them in the dryer. At which point the sun will split the stones for the rest of the day.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I didn't bother taking them in because I could see it was a passing shower. Lots of sun and wind til lunchtime when it started raining again (forecast) and I ran to take them in but they were still wet. Stuck them in the tumble dryer and as you predicted the forecast rain passed really quickly even though it was forecast for the rest of the afternoon and it was sunny and windy instead 😡

TA I knew at least 2 people in the office were on holidays so there probably would be no weekly team meeting today. I still have to get ready as though there is though, time is spent collating notes and making myself presentable for the video call (I wfh). I left makeup until the very last minute, about 4 mins before the scheduled meeting time, I throw on some foundation. ONE MINUTE to the meeting I get a whatsapp to say there aren't enough people for the meeting, it's off. I was in the middle of eyebrows. Annoying. Now I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,376 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's cold today, my hands are like ice. Maybe I'm coming down with something because apparently it's 15°. 🥶

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Those packs in a 6 pack tend to weigh somewhat lighter than the individual packs on sale I notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Senior boy "Karen" complained when his room in the library wasn't ready when he arrived(no sign of a group with him and ten mins to the hour) he demanded the librarian clear the room as there was only giggling going on in there and he booked it for the hour!

The giggling was coming from a group of Ukrainian women teaching local kids how to do basic sewing tasks!

I can't start to say how this annoys me.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,853 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Self styled "Activists" who seem to think they seem think/let on they speak for their own "cause" and grouping. When in reality they are just giving their own opinion based on their own viewpoint or insecurities.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Deregos.

When someone messes with the settings on their WhatsApp so they can pretend they haven't seen your message. . . Very disingenuous of them.

Why wont GAA football fans these days admit Die Hard 5 is muck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I don't think that's any secret. The multipacks are usually 25g whereas the old style individual packs you buy in shop are 37g. (In the past, they may have been 42g, or I could have convinced myself that.)

What annoys me about the multipacks is that they don't seem to have the same amount of flavouring as the individual packs. Yet again though, I may be imagining that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

In fairness, they also can't see if you've read their messages, so feel free to leave them on read for as long as you like, they won't know either way.

Advertisement