Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,341 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Neighbour has a tradesman coming… do they move their cars so he can park his van outside and make it easier to bring his equipment in and our. Nope. Instead he has to park couple of doors away.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Chicken kiev bursting in the air fryer.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

On a bus earlier, and a woman seated near me was on her mobile from start to finish of the journey. Thankfully not very loud but she didn't seem to draw a breath for the full hour. I couldn't help wondering if there was anyone on the other end. They certainly didn't get a chance to say very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Charlo30

Considering yourself somewhat lucky. I've been stuck beside someone on their mobile on speaker talking about some pretty intimate things. So the whole upper deck got to hear about their complicated love life

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

BO smell on bus. Honestly like the two above me, what's with the lack of self awareness of surroundings?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

went to restock my aftershave collection but two I was after were not in stock…. Must have been about 80 shelves in this well known retailer and it seemed like more space was given oven to certain basic brands that appear in day-glo bottles and have you smelling like you spent six weeks living in a sweet shop as opposed to more discernible ones, well to my nose anyway…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I hate that crap. It's YOUR birthday. They can wait for their own if they want to do that stuff. A work colleague baked a cake for my birthday a few years ago despite my insistence that I didn't want anything like that. The response was 'But WE want cake." Given these colleagues ate cake every day they didn't need an 'occasion' .

My approach to Birthdays is simple. Only my Father remembers the date of it and he's sworn to secrecy. So it passes each year with the minimum of fuss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Why do I always go into the deepest sleep and have the best dreams two minutes before my alarm goes off??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Go to the coffee shop in dressing gown and slippers. Or the supermarket.

Also that's another thing that annoys me. I mean, wtf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Confidently assured my husband that I knew where the key cutting shop was in the local shopping centre. When he couldn't find it I scoffed at him and rolled my eyes. He suggested taking a quick walk around the outside just to check the shop wasn't there but I again confidently stated that the shop was 100% inside, definitely not outside so we shouldn't waste our time so we left.

A google later on proved that I was wrong and he was right. The shop was outside. Dammit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,919 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Military police outside the Dept of the Taoiseach earlier and my TA is that I'm a nosy bitch and want to know why.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Getting flagged in work, along with two colleagues, for a 'misdemeanour' that leads to a verbal warning.

Some bespectacled, failed garda, probably a wannabe NCT tester, conducted a surprise inspection on every van in the depot at half 5 this morning. Had the head of a lad you just know is a bollix and knew he'd be more likely to catch lads unawares. I had strapped the driver's seatbelt into the socket for literally one minute as I was cleaning out around the seat just before he arrived, the hoor spotted it and reported it in the brief moment I was away. Its seen as a big no-no to leave it plugged in at all times, I know that and never do it.

Have it on my record now for six months. Woohoo.

Deleted

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Accidentally switched off a machine with a 24-hour startup time. Could be worse, I suppose. It's predecessor took 72 hours to start up.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,341 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Acid reflux

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,677 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't know does this annoy me or I just don't get why they do it.

When people often celebrities post photos of their kids on social media and put an emoji over their face.

I get it they might have a crazed stalk or something.

Just don't bother posting the picture in the first place if you don't want them online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

My trip across the M50, south to north, today made me quite grumpy today as it was spectacularly slow, and when i got home everybody was all happy and smiley.

Its not their fault my journey was gak so im forcing being happy too, but inside theres a huge Grumpasaurus Rex trying to burst out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Careers guidance personnel who say things like, "I know a bit about x, but I don't know how it impacts YOU" who then proceed to exhibit how little they know about the basics and rush the person through recounting their experiences.

In that same vein, expecting a client who has been in the same job to have a clue where to start in looking at the local businesses +r how they can locate the info so they can see retraining opportunities.

Ta/ffa it is too much to have an A3 page with the names/links to organisations who hold this info that the general public can access easily?.

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I did junction 14 to finglas whatever that junction is, in a combination of 1st and 2nd gear yesterday, I thought getting on the M50 before 4 I'd miss it, but nope.

I too was quite grumpy by the end of it!

Then to add insult to injury. I was in the driving lane on the R132 I think...a cyclist in front so I switch lanes to overtake, just as I did that lane comes to a halt (I obviously severely underestimated the speed of the cyclist , he had open road in front of him and the lane of traffic in the overtaking lane, traffic lights played a part and got stuck in that lane as everyone started undertaking and I couldn't get back into me lane.

So yeah needed a minute when I got home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That Roger Casement’s diaries are held in the British Museum . His body was repatriated in 1965 but surely his diaries should be in an Irish museum .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

my phone charging cable is about to break

The Brits don't exactly have form for returning historical artefacts to their countries of origin. Lord Elgin, I'm looking at you 👀

Oh, I forgot my TA: that I've just started the Daryl spinoff of The Walking Dead, even though I should know better and will have only myself to blame when I quit it in a rage.

cooked a delicious breakfast sandwich for dinner, the works…. But I left every door open and two hours later the whole place is still smelling of fried food…..

TA of mine too. It’s only a relatively recent gimpy happening

My interpretation is that it’s a virtue signalling move… “ ohhhh look at me, yay I have a child and I’m to be admired because I’m ultra careful and responsible and look I won’t share the child’s face in social media photos…!”

Earlier in my feed…A small dangling little fat thing with an oversized emoji head… fffffff 🙈🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Advertisement