Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Health and safety, it would indicate that the person driving is not wearing the safety belt while operating the vehicle, it's a workaround to stop the beeping noise when the belt is unbuckled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,954 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'm surprised a warning can be given when a person isn't actually in the car.

Now this may have been debunked but I remember years ago watching a documentary on car crashes and what happens various objects in the car at time of impact... basically they become missiles.

Without going into huge detail the take away was keep seatbelts buckled especially the back to act as another layer of protection to stop boot items coming forward (granted if you are going at a speed that could cause that you're probably pretty fecked)

So my point....I always kept my back seats buckled ....if I was stopped by a guard no way would they be able to give me a ticket on the basis that a passenger might travel without the seatbelt just because it was currently closed. Same with passenger seat after nct.

Like unless they see you doing it you can't get written up on a suspicion....I would have thought the union would be all over that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm fortunate I have good neighbours but starting power washing at 10 AM is pushing it a bit 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ta'ed that the regional forum still is showing a permissions issue, arriving today in one of them without the latest info and now I look uninformed and uncool!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Original Febreze does a great job of neutralising frying smells, I've never used the ones with a scent but it might work too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Is it just one regional forum or can't you get into any of them? (I realise that you'd probably only want to get into your own region's forum.)

My trivial annoyance is that I typed a '2' instead of a '3' in a template to create new parts on our system, and now I've to correct it. Correcting it is only a matter of sending and e-mail requesting somebody in India to fix it (it's a lot more hassle for them), but it will mean that I have to admit that I made a slight mistake for the first time ever in my life!! 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When you click on a link and don't have the patience to wait 5 seconds for it to load.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

They are so health and safety conscience that I have been going around in hand-me down safety boots that have finally started to disintegrate to the extent that a hobo wouldn't wear them and it's actually dangerous for me to wear them driving. But any request to order new ones have fallen on deaf ears (wasn't even included on the list for new uniforms that everyone else got, a different TA), yet I get shouted at if I don't wear them in the depot.

TA: my car failing the NCT for pretty much the same faults as it did the last time that my mechanic definitely should have taken into account when doing the prep. A reverse light not working should be a basic thing to pick up in advance no?

People who try to be helpful but just spam you with information.

When you have a few hours off and someone decides you should take their dog for a walk or wash their car.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,274 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

TA that the really loud car exhausts seem to have become very popular again recently, the feckin noise of them

Don't get me started on motorbikes, which are ridiculous for a vehicle for transporting 1 person. If I was to walk around making the same amount of noise I would be locked up.

So, yeah, all unnecessary noise should be banned from vehicles. It's just stupid selfish noise pollution which causes a load of stess, anxiety and bad health for a lot of people.

My favourite time, noise wise, is after a lot of snow. Just super quiet and peaceful. No traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

….although I did see a great vid on YT where just-stop-oil guy sitting on the road blocking traffic, and a nice looking car cant get past, so car does a U turn, puts exhaust near sitting protester and rev's the F out of it …. the noise drove the protester away (crying?) …. driver was channeling his inner passive resistance? Gandhi would have been proud … lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

Nice family get together tmrw, which I'm looking forward to and which i know will involve lots of photos.

Unfortunately I seem to have somehow injured my right eye and the whole white bit is pure red with trapped blood.

I look like one of the infected from 28 days later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,341 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Wear an eye patch and get your pirate quips ready?

But seriously… any other symptoms… drooling? A taste for human brains???

(As I ask this I'm checking what objects in my vicinity could be used as weapons)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'm going to have this made into a sign so I can tap it:

"No" is a full sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Thar unsubscribe from LinkedIn doesn’t work .F off and stop emailing me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The amount that sticks to your teeth when eating corn snacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,426 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Yesterdays at one off those re-turn machines

Firstly of the two there, one was out of order and the second one a man with several bags of bottles and cans so he took forever.

Then when I got to use it a girl I know stopped to talk while I was inserting the cans.

I kept getting distracted so every so often the machine thought I was finished and printed a ticket.

I ended up with 6 bloody tickets.🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

I did have a brain on a bap at lunch but the deli lady offered, would have been rude not to.

• Advertisement

Its seems to be working in random parts of the regions and not at all in the ones I needed this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,341 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

There's a thread here, if you ask, then you can be manually added to group "Registered Users 2" and then might have more chance of it working.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Poochie05

When you cook a dinner you’ve had a hankering for all week, and it’s not very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Charlo30

Could have left for town at 5.30 but held off leaving until 6.30 and got soaked

Is it a Volkswagen by any chance , ?

It annoys the shite of me everytime I open the door

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bohemians FC… and their all too frequent ability to not hold onto a lead, to not win games, kept a lead for one single minute tonight… maybe if the club and a certain section of fans put more effort into the football side of the club as opposed to certain other non football ‘distractions’, the team and on field performances might be better.

My peaches are hard an tasteless . I took them from the back of the shelf as the last set I got only lasted 2/3 days . They are my go to food when I wake up .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A person I know who for years I often wondered if they have a bit of OCD.. it’s all but sorta confirmed…

Sat down in theirs, put my very light and dry jacket on the arm of the chair beside me…

Them : “ ohhh let me take your jacket and hang it up …”

Me : “ ahhh it’s ok beside me here but thanks “

Them : (affording me a ‘look’) “ no, sure I’ll take it and hang it up “

It is taken, phone, wallet in the pocket, not like they would be nicked but…Its my jacket / stuff, leave it 😵‍💫..

I’d ‘offer’ to take someone’s coat / jacket for their comfort…” do you want me to hang “

• Advertisement

I woke up at 9am thinking I had a good sleep , but I was on here at 4.30 am

Advertisement