Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

1484950515254»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Deregos.

TA . . Abbreviations (abbrvs).

Not all of them of course but its annoying when you come across an acronym for a word in a article or on a thread that everyone else is using, but you're not familiar with, so you need to try and look it up but when you do there are several possibilities as to what the letters might stand for . . . PITFA.

Why wont GAA football fans these days admit Die Hard 5 is muck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,320 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Spiders who encroach too deep into human territory, breaking the non aggression pact and deviating from their agreed role to stay at the windows and doors and keep the flies and bugs out.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The phrase, either written or spoken "young teenager" Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I recently moved into aviation from a completely different sector. You can imagine my pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,919 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Lots of talk on the radio about the changing weather and spiders trying to move inside this time of the year.

Close your windows if you don’t want to be overrun. Good luck and may god help us all.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭mehico

I saw a clickbait headline a few days ago advising all Irish households to keep windows closed for next few weeks. My mind started to go down a completely different path and I was beginning to become concerned that it was something to do with high levels of radioactivity over the island until I clicked into the article and it was only about keeping spiders out of the houses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

people who are overly inquisitive / nosey and lack awareness..…ffs

Had a conversation in mixed company earlier, the theme was extolling the virtues of the retailer ‘Chemist Warehouse’..

A person who had yet to go there started asking everyone individually .. “ what do you get, what bargains do you pick up, what’s great value… ? ”

“Well toiletries and other stuff” is one response… but their enquiry to each person becomes more probing…

It’s a discount chemist… the catalog is online… if you want painkillers, vitamins, toiletries whatever… go and have a look see, and as regards what others buy there it may be personal to them, being health related …..and they don’t want to share with 5 other people……

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,750 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That cheesy Swedish accent in the IKEA radio adverts.

Is the guy even Swedish, or is it some Irish voice over guy putting on a daft accent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

When you've had dinner and you are still hungry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

My local cinema has an irritating habit of advertising films they do not intend to show:

Outside, they have an ad for The Bikeriders, a film which came out months ago and which they have not shown even once.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Some Fabreeze or similar ad on YouTube where some idiot is spraying some can of air freshener crap around his bathroom instead of opening a window, and then he's in the living room spraying all over the place while is family is there. Ridiculously stupid advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bluebell woods

I’m sorry to hear that,, am desperate regarding sleep, or La k off It’s that bad

Advertisement