Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,730 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Seeing as you want to continually challenge other people’s TA’s…🥱. I actually go to gigs :) Nothing standard about a band charging that money, especially considering they are a band that haven’t released an album or toured in around 16/17 years….and at best towards the latter portion of their career were releasing seriously inconsistent or crap albums and pretty much every time I saw them in person or on TV in those latter stages they were phoning it in live…….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,278 ✭✭✭suvigirl

So, you weren't really interested in going anyway!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

strumms and suvigirl can ye stop please with yer back and forth and take it to pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Ta'd that a box full of different types of spare bulbs just fell to the floor and now most of the spares are broken....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,278 ✭✭✭suvigirl

TA all the moaning from people that didn't get oasis tickets! Jaysis, that's life! They will probably put on more gigs, it's not the end of the world, it's a concert!

And that's from someone who has gone to oasis, noel, and Liam concerts! And didn't get tickets today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Worse happened me on Cork - Dublin Train years ago: Sitting on my tod in comparitively empty carriage. Then at Mallow a bunch of late middle age fellas get on and for some reason, occupy the rest of the seats on my table. Bla bla bla bla bla bla ….i'm listening to a borefest. Explained to the Ticket Inspector that I was moving , not dodging my train fare and moved to a different table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The number of people vaping in the pub and even the cinema last night.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I was in a pharmacy yesterday and the guy next in the queue, while I was at the counter, was all but glued to my heels. I didn't actually realise it until I turned to leave.

I'm glad I wasn't asking for anything too private but that's not the point. You wait your turn IN THE QUEUE not glued to the heels of the person in front of you, you idiot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭Archeron

A really strange looking mustard coloured sheep with a face like a teddy bear just sneezed on my hand and the amount of snot that came out of him rwas genuinely a sight to behold.

I would have been impressed were most of it not on me.

woke at midday thanks to being awakened at about 4am for an hour by that dog again who was barking non stop well into the AM. Never a sign of the owner correcting it or attempting to train it or even coercing it to stop…

He now is so dumb and arrogant that despite it being a restricted breed he takes it for walks without a muzzle…I don’t know if it’s legitimately aggressive but it routinely pulls towards passers by.

So he is just determined that he and his mutt are going to be annoyances and compromising peoples sleep and health at best and a potential physical danger to others at worst… not two fücks given… a permanent grin on his face when he is out walking it as if to say “ yep, this and me is what’s annoying you all, do something about it “…

Little does he now know 😵☺️

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

wind tonight sending the sound waves from the Coldplay concert over this way, it’s seriously loud despite being a good few kilometres away you can even tell what song is being played and what lyric is being sung…impressive sound system . Not a big Coldplay fan though …. 🤦🏻‍♂️❌ windows closed, fan on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

This morning, 3 minutes before I was due to leave the house, I realised that I had forgotten to add my new yearly bus ticket to my Leap Card. I opened my phone to look for the leap top up app but i never actually installed it on this phone. I then go to the App Store and search for the app only for every other transport app to show up instead of the one I need.
    At this stage I’m panicking so I run upstairs and wake the OH up so that I can use his leap top up app to add €10 in case I can’t download the app in time.
    On the way to the bus stop I searched for the app in google and I managed to find and download it. Once I checked my card the new yearly ticket automatically downloaded onto it so panic averted. Honestly though, why in God’s name was it so fcuking hard to find the app in the Apple App Store? I was getting TFI and Leap balance checker apps but no top up app. Nothing is ever straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Corporate shenanigans

Two weeks ago everyone received a link to an internal website to give feedback. Like rate different parts of the job on a scale of strongly agree or strongly disagree

I did not do it as I do not believe anything will ever change. The email clearly states replies are confidential

Today a manger came to my desk and asked why I didn’t complete it. I thought it was confidential??

I see now clearly they can track exactly who says what and even if you do not do it. Pah, now I’m definitly not doing it. Not confidential at all

my Dad recently had blood tests done….for the monitoring of an ongoing condition that he’s had for about 20 years…Apparently you no longer get given these tests results now, you have to go looking for them yourself by ringing a number and entering the world of automation, type in your phone number, press # and all the rest..

Turns out the results are in, he’s been notified they are but due to a technical error on behalf of the hospital automated system he can’t access them, he’s tried, I’ve tried, he’s had the same mobile number with them for about 15 years….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,505 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I had the same nonsense before. promises of confidentiality. When you started you were asked to fill in what your role in the company was. Given there was less than 40 people in the company narrowing it down to an individual based on role was not difficult. Still told them how **** they were mind.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Job ads - they have a shopping list of the many things you are required to have knowledge or experience of, followed by about bullet 3 points of what you're getting in return. Very rarely does it include even the vaguest idea of how much the salary might be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A wholly unqualified person being paid to give a talk about an aspect of child care that I know they do not know a single thing about. AGAIN.

Ta the waste of money and the misinformation, the parents are going off to torture their kids with.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I can share this TA as I had a glance at jobs .ie earlier, was thinking absolutely the same, on checking again now, 18 out of 25 jobs on the first page of my search…. Salary : ‘ not disclosed ‘….

It is amazing nowadays the scope of information about applicants that employers demand up front….yet an absolutely simple yet crucial piece of information necessary to the potential applicant….‘ not disclosed ‘… not.. ‘negotiable’ or anything else… basically ‘not telling you’ but apply if you want the job and find out... Arrogant carry on...and trivially annoying…..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Translation, "as near minimum wage as we can get away with"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,473 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I keep a flashlight in the living room . TA is a “flashlight “ means something completely different 🫣🫣

And it should be kept hidden in my bedroom not in the open

Nosey people, especially people who are just nosey for the sake of it. Spent half an hour with someone earlier and it’s gotten to the stage if I go for a piss I’m expecting to walk out of the bathroom to see them going through the fridge, drawers, coat rack and my trouser pockets, with me still wearing said trousers…. They crave information..Getting worse as they age.

I’ll never get the appeal of putting in effort and legwork to find information about anyone. I’ve my own shït to be getting on with and getting my beak into the affairs of others is firstly too much time and effort, and not altogether respectful…🖕🏻 and probably why they are now told less than other people..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

The term 'oasishambles' on RTE today. Don't want to be offensive but you'd want to have some issues to come up with that one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

When your boss ropes you into a meeting that you have no need to be in, no doubt because he'd hate to have to pay attention or take any follow up actions himself 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Was lucky enough to get a spanking new laptop at an unreal price, I'm only getting around to using it now as I have to revise for a potential "promotion", beyond that fact that the keys are much bigger than I'm used too. causing lots of typo's, it needs a complete setting up/downloading etc. All that annoying stuff ppl have to do when the computer is new.

Of course this is happening when I'm under time pressure to get the about done, ta the freak**g housing crisis flings me so far from home that I don't have my familial tec genus's on hand to do all that stuff for a tiny donation. Keys are stiff af as well.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,889 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I don't get this. Do you mean a fleshlight? Because a flashlight is just a torch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Look up flashlight on the urban dictionary . . CJ's a very naughty boy.

Why wont GAA football fans these days admit Die Hard 5 is muck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,473 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The joke's on me because it turned out to be a calendar reminder sent by an outside organisation to remind us to get something specific over to them today, not to have a meeting. In my rage against boss inviting me, I didn't spot this in the garbled email he sent.

TA'd at myself for changing my clothes, putting on make up and dialling in to a calendar reminder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RickBlaine

Stupid management speak. "Can you eyeball the report". Yeah, I'll look at the report.

Advertisement