Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Business opened locally recently, it's a wine bar and so I'm not a target audience.. Yet. It has no opening days or hours and no menu for their nibbles/tapas. Every time I pass I'm annoyed by it, it's been feckin weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

We ate out for tea the other day.

I ordered something off the specials board. Happy enough with it, and assumed being a Special it would be reasonable.

It was actually dearer than most of the main dishes on the usual menu.

What makes it a special then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,889 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That our early-finish Fridays are done cause it's now September and so of course the weather is absolutely glorious today.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,473 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’ll have to go through it , but when I find it again I’ll post it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think some school uniform can be a bit strict.

However I never understand why parents send their kid to a school and know the dress code. They then complain when they are sent home because they sent them to school dressed the wrong way.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It being the weekend I bought 4 cans of Carlsberg . TA is they come in 4 glued together rather then the usual 4 pack . . TA is trying to get one out

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭Archeron

Ive had the same issue with the straws on capri sun, they use glue to stick it on that must be nasa spaceship quality!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,730 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

watching the competitive football match between France vs Italy… Italy come from a goal down to win 2-1 away.

Killian Mbappe the French forward is despite having just lost in front of his own fans…. At the end of the match going around hugging, kissing, smiling & pissing himself laughing and standing there having the friendly chats with the opposition players… like honestly not two fûcks are given after what’s supposed to be competitive, cutthroat rivalry between Europes footballing superpowers, annoying to see… shake hands & if you want to do social yapping, to the dressing rooms and have a catch-up.

I get an invite to watch a live on tiktok, out of boredom I look in, it’s two people I follow, in a packed pub / club, you can’t hear a word they are saying with the music and what not… would the pair of yas, not leave the phones down, get on with enjoying your night and give up the obsession with being on tiktok livestreams !?

I see on the fellas profile he’s now describing himself as an influencer… that’s a one way ticket to get me to block / unfollow anyway, so, good luck ! 😅🥱

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Deregos.

That Kranzle powerwasher ad . . with the bloke shiteing on in his fake German accent about what you can Kranzle. I always expect him to say . . "Your wife too could use a good Kranzleing".

Why wont GAA football fans these days admit Die Hard 5 is muck?

A very trivial TA , but is Sorcha ( Irish equivalent of Sarah ) pronounced sore- sha , or as I always thought sore-ka .

It’s just I knew a girl called Sorcha ( sore-kA ) but I don’t know now which is the proper pronunciation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Also heard it pronounced "Sor-ha" with the emphasis on the second syllable.

Similarly with the family name "Geoghan". I've heard "Gee-gan", "Gee-han", "Go-gan" and something like "Joggin" depending on where in the country they hail from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,489 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

When you pre pack your liquids at home in a clear zip lock bag only for security to tell you it's the wrong bag and present you with a slightly different clear zip lock bag to pack all over again.

one of Irelands well know jewellers… im looking at watches and establish that on their website, you cannot now shop watches by gender 🤪 … just by case type, price, brand and dial colour, I’ve tried the filters from the other drop down menu and no..if I’m looking for a man’s watch, me being a man, why do I gots to go through about 15 more pages of stock that I can’t be interested in ? The most stupid piece of time wasting. I’m trying to give these people money but they are determined to make me doing so, thoughtlessly difficult.

The only time I’ve heard Sor-sha is when people from Northern Ireland say it .
    Colin Murray on Countdown called November Sam-hain not Sowen and a lad from the north I knew in England used to call an Tutha de Dannen ? Tutha ( not Tua ) de dannen just out of ignorance by not learning Irish in school .

And if your name is Orlaith you’re screwed

I didn’t watch it but the fact Grealish and Rice scored is very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

I watched it - Rice had the decency not to celebrate a bit, Grealish went off like he'd won the European Cup.

We were muck! TA - a team getting snotted who then try to play it out from the back like we're prime 1990s Barca.

And our manager reminds me of Stuart Pearce, very TA!!!!

• Advertisement

I used to do that on purpose when my school changed their tie . Great craic pitching coins in the hallway 😃

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Short soft o sound and soft-ish ch sound, not as harsh as ka.

My TA is a name is what somone is called - if it's 'translated' it is no longer their name as it is not what they are called.

Them candles to repell midges . . The last two evenings we attempted to sit outback with a drink and enjoy the last few rays of sunshine we're probably gonna see this year. We had seven citronella candles on the table yesterday, not worth a toss . . they actually seemed to attract the little fcukers.

Hastily retreated back inside to the fruit flys who at least don't bite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I saw this TA in the "You Say" section of the Sunday Times Culture magazine and thought it apt for here…

Would the producers of Coronation Street please put some liquid in the takeaway drink cups they give to their actors. From the way that the actors carry and gesticulate when holding the cups it’s so obvious that there is nothing in them.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭jacool

Been on the Star Wars "Bring It Back" revival.

At every showing some kid reads the starting "prologue" bit out loud, and their parent doesn't shush them.

The search function here . I was trying to find the thread about videos you go back to often to drop this one in .

Ron Pickering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Some bollix leaving off fireworks at this time of the evening, driving my two dogs crazy.

Also, there’s a shed door that keeps slamming loudly all bloody day. The owners obviously out all day and totally oblivious to it 🙄

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This one?

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058184718/random-video-thread-mk-iii#latest

• Advertisement

Happening around here last 10 days, one night it was after 11 pm… been a ‘mature’ area around here but as older folk are dying off a lot of young families are moving in, let’s just say, parenting isn’t as fashionable as it once was…. I was reminded with a TA of my own last two nights.

Advertisement