Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial Things that annoy you - Mod Note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A ta with a side of 🙄🙄, my nonverbal sister with dementia is having a small surgical procedure later on today, she has her grown-up children with her and both are well acquainted with the medical world.

So while her brother and I are concerned about it all not overly worried. the ta is the bro's attitude to the information he is given in response to questions on the situation which have nothing to do with him.

A trait from his mother I know but still annoying, he asks his question, someone responds, he nods quietly and after a short period of time says "That's ok", like he has any right to an opinion and any freaking clue what was going on most of the time.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Charlo30

Some people's refusal/inability to use traffic lights on busy roads. This simply blithely walk out and expect you to stop. Particularly prevalent on Parkgate St in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

People stealing and feeding off my energies.

Also those bloody new lids on bottles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Field east

Rte can show players warming up in slow motion BuT CANNOT show thrown passes in slow motion . I WONDER WHY. Surely RTE is not embedded with the GAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,418 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The soft drink bottles ones seem to be better done, I can pop them up ok. Actually makes it easier, don't have to take cap on and off completely and leave down.

Milk cartons are a TA.

I have found with the Avonmore milk cartons, with a small scissors you can cut the 'ring' off easy enough and you have an old style cap.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

People who dismiss your fears - I have severe pain in my leg and I'm going for an MRI and I am VERY claustrophobic and so will keep my eyes firmly closed and listen to the music they give you on headphones.

Telling a colleague this and she actually laughed! "Kids are scared of the monsters in the dark not grown ups!"

Oh just fup off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,882 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

dental implant becoming just slightly loose… so I’ve a 24 kilometre round trip to get to my dentist, very grateful he can see me at short notice though... but on an afternoon where my relaxing plans were set in stone…I was going to relax, read, go to the gym and come home with a take away and put my feet up.

Hopefully the gym and takeaway is still going to transpire….probably in the opposite order……as I’ve been told not to eat before I get the tooth sorted, I’ll be fûcking starving…. 👀

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

When you're doing a typical mundane task on a Windows machine, like dragging and dropping files or trying to right click on a file and out of nowhere…(Not Responding)

No error message, no nothing, just a freeze. Could last a few seconds, could last forever. TA'd.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Bursting a gut to be on time for an appointment and the person you have the appointment with is running late.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Getting your payslip by email (yay) but not getting paid 😠 FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭Archeron

Council redoing all the road markings, great to see and looks great.

One minor problem though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Field east

Drivers parking on a road when there is plenty of room to park SUBSTANTIALLY/COMPLETELY oFF THE ROAD,. Quite often the margin is of crushed stone or cut grass. No 325please note

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Our mental neighbours, it's just getting worse with them. What their is theirs and what's ours is theirs. Some people should not be allowed to live near others, just be sent off to a island with all the rest of the neighbours from hell and let them f*ck with each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,939 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Got fluppin Georgia in our family Euros sweep 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Kingslayer

You know when you are looking forward to something and build it up so much that it cannot live up to your expectations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Drivers parking on the road in front of my house when they have an empty driveway

There is a thread for bad parkers. Make them famous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,678 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I thought I had started my Wordle week off with a 2 . But it was the end of the week so it didn’t do much good when I was on 26

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

• Advertisement

Shop receipts that either curl up or have writing on the back so cant be used as shopping list for next trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

It never ceases to amaze me how many different accounts my wife has on boards.ie ;-)

Wake me up when it's all over.

I think your private investigator spidey sense fired a false positive there Op!

a certain home electronics retailer…. I needed to contact them but they now have NO published phone numbers or email addresses for individual stores online.

Just a general 0818 number that after having me on hold for 7 minutes earlier , I just gave up.

I have an enquiry that to ask and be enabled with the information will take about… 25 seconds tops, eg..

“ hi, do you have Sony turntable PS-LX310BT in stock in X please “…“ we’ve 2 left, 249.99 “… “ ok thanks “

TA…Businesses who want your cash but make it hard to have a positive customer interaction with them. 🤌🏻

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That is standard. You read it in the order of nearest word first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭Archeron

A chugger in a petrol station forecourt. Thats a new annoyance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Curry's I take, terrible service and if anything happens you end up speaking to someone in the uk. You can check Harvey Norman online to see if they have the item in stock and in what store

50 minutes sat in an underground shopping center car park… one that had no wifi or phone signal.

Tired after my gym so decided to stay in the car as having been told… “I’ll only be 20 minutes, one thing to get

50 minutes of staring at the front of another parked car. and they arrived back with bags of toiletries, clothing in addition to the single gift that was the primary reason for us going there. 😵‍💫👀

• Advertisement

TA - I got bought a chocolate orange and I’m about to eat the last segment :(

Tin cans are made to stack on top of each other, but not heinz tins. They won't even stack on themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,542 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Unreasonably early checkout times in guesthouses, like 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Charlo30

When you go to make a cup of coffee only to release you're out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭suvigirl

When you have a weekend off work, but are sick 😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,504 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Trying to find adult swimming lessons in Cork. I'd love to learn how to swim before I go on a cruise next year.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You don't need to learn to swim, you just need to find a plank/broken door large enough to fit more than one person but keep it only for yourself. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I discovered that my work twin has one of those slowly molten honey voices first thing in the morning, purrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, now my brain is mourning that I don't get to hear it on the days we work tog.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

Me. Im trivially annoyed at myself. I'm so stupid and cute and open and sweet and it trivially annoys me. Of course I cant be really annoyed at myself just trivially cause I'm too nice to be really annoyed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I’ve a French colleague and I always volunteer to call him!!! Melt!!!!

Don't you start trivially annoying me aswell. I've enough to deal with being a ta myself.

I am one of the most humble, loyal, kindest, least self absorbed people I know thankyou very much new home 😁😁

I thought at first you were calling him a melt. Then I said why would you be volunteering to call him then? lol

• Advertisement

So trivially pissed off right now 🙄

Yes 🥹😊

I did a huge sneeze that went up my skull somehow and nearly blew the top of my head off. Two broken bones, one recent enough and one from years ago are giving me owies again for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,939 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Went to Lidl last week with a load of ReTurn cans and forgot to actually use the shaggin vouchers. So went back to that same Lidl today, with more cans, queued for a fookin age for the machine, and forgot to use BOTH sets of vouchers this time. Realised as I was loading the bags in the car. Like a demon since.

• Advertisement
Advertisement