Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - mod warnings in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,975 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Thomas setting up his own appeal grounds….. i bet he has his opinion written already and just needs to add dates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Kalyke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I thought this was amusing: Lawyers for Donald Trump argued in court Thursday that a ruling that Trump's communications with former Vice President Mike Pence around January 6 should be found to be immune.

Sic: "Cos our client, in the White House, instructed his V/P Mike Pence to frustrate the lawful transfer of power from him to President-elect Biden as per the constitution. Where he was sitting and to whom he issued the instruction makes it a presidential act with immunity from prosecution", doncha know.

• Advertisement

Oh good. He warned back in July against Biden getting off the ticket, though he did hedge then that Harris could still win under his model (incumbency I think) he cautioned the move might spoil Democrats chances. Apparently, it hasn't.

It's easy to see how he's probably right though outside of his 13 point model I think it is, with the record surge of voter registrations and the historic cross-party endorsements from a large swathe of Republicans and even former Trump appointees, the scales may very well tip in her direction.

As assuring as his predictions tend to be, its worth remembering the one he got wrong (though he contends, he still got right) was Al Gore in 2000, which came down to a right leaning SCOTUS and hanging chads in the battleground state of Florida. And this court, is more right leaning, and even arguable openly corrupt, if the right storm of events is presented to them, they could hand Trump a win by fiat, or, state level MAGA election officials could play games with their states results. Or through some political surprise, Trump could still win. It's crucially important that everyone who wants to see a Harris win, Democrat Republican or Centrist etc, not take the foot off the pedal for one damn minute, and be sure as hell to vote, and if you cannot vote get your friends who can to.

What one needs there is a good old fashioned leaked link, dated documentary or voice recording memo evidence, maybe something from the Trump teams courtroom script or something the Thomas-household advisor says showing a justice is not satisfied with deciding on cases put before him as a member of "SCOTUS" but is prepared to interfere directly with the case presently before another federal judge, which coincidentally might interfere with the 2024 presidential election outcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,924 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Don the Con™ has been speaking to an economic forum in NY today fleshing out his policies and taking questions...

It went weird

Meaningless waffle that is an insult to well prepared word salad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Like day old alphabet soup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Maxface

Just wondering, how do you pronounce indicted in Ireland, is it indicted or indicted?

”I’ve just been indicated!” - Donald Jailbird Trump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,800 ✭✭✭✭Water John

This way, Indited, c is silent.

Imagine how he'll speak after a jailhouse education from a multicultural set of inmates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,183 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's pronounced "qindicted" but the q is silent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,100 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I mean that's also what I got out of it TBF. He highlighted the bit where he fobbed off the question and minimalized the importance of childcare as an issue to voters for whom it is a major issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Maxface

Debate coming up on Tuesday, 2 am Irish time. I would never have bothered to stay up for something like this but for this, I am. What is the thinking towards it? Will be no handshake anyway, Trump will be his usual bluff and bluster. Harris will still want to get her "I'm talking" in despite the muted mics. Harris will be well prepped, we know that. What will Harris tactics be I wonder, try and rage bait him? Call him weird? Trump will go low enough anyway.

I booked the first half of next week off work last month when they both confirmed the debate slot 😛 figured there will be lots of talk after and the next day that will be quite engaging — and Satisfactory 1.0 is next Tuesday, so with the double whammy my productivity is right fcuked so.

At this point I wonder if she will do “I’m talking” exactly or something else, the internet has already meme’d I’m Talking so hard that Stephen King has the T-shirt. Might almost seem stale if she said it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭blackcard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I was just going to post that.

This is the ramblings of a complete loon and sick person. Get him in a home.

Was never going to get a trial date before the election. This will do...

No invited studio audience. Outfits will be of initial importance for impressing the TV audience. Will Trump step outside his usual blue suit and red tie outfits, will Harris wear something to link to the women watching while still power-dressing to show "I mean business" to men watching who have no first-hand business experience of her?.

The follow-up hour or so of standing show-listening to the other person is something Trump does well, with his head tilting and attentive, listening facial movements for TV audiences from his TV show days. I don't have any clue as to what/how much experience Harris has on TV confrontations to avoid showing facial frustration or tiredness which Trump will try to make her show, to get under her skin. Will they/he be able to stand facing the cameras for the time needed? Will Harris enquire about/mention his health or age during the debate?

I don't think he will try the stalking antics he got away with in his debate with Hilary Clinton but he might try some stunt as it's in his nature. Secret Service team ground rules for safety of both their charges will be impressed on both of them and their advisors to ensure there'll be no physical bullying moves by Trump in the way he barged through other heads of state at meetings in Europe. That could end up with him losing badly in most eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Well, in the virtual toss (I have no doubt Trump thought that was something completely different), Harris got to pick which side of the stage she was on and Trump decided the order of closing statements, and he chose last, which is a win for him. The only way she could totally destroy that for him is to straight out call him out for his sexual assault and hammer that to the point that no matter what he says, that’s what everyone at home watching will see when he speaks. She has all the ammo anyone would need. Is she able to use it effectively to win the election with this one debate. If she used it effectively enough, I could see him leaving the race, but I don’t think she will for fear of alienating important votes for being too fierce. She got trounced before in a debate, which is a good thing as there will be zero complacency, especially with the woman who trounced her now coaching Trump. The other major difference will be that she will have the entire weight of resources of the Democratic Party available to prep her this time, which is a powerful asset that she didn’t have before. However, so did Biden and the trauma of watching his last debate with Trump will never let me relax before a debate ever again. If she doesn’t destroy him on Wednesday morning, it’s like missing an open goal at a world cup final in extra time.

I’ll believe it when it happens. This, as with every minute step in prosecuting Trump, will be appealed to the nth degree squared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Because he is so ill informed and can't admit to being wrong I expect him to bring up the abortion after birth nonsense, again. And possibly how Harris blew the chance of a peace deal in Ukraine. If so, he needs to be really pushed on it so it's shown he has no clue what he's talking about.

If the GJ transcript goes public before any appeal court or SCOTUS hearing on behalf of Trump against its publication is sought and allowed, no matter if any such appeal is heard, the public may have more insight into what Trump and Co did behind closed doors against the last election to confound any chance he has of winning this one.

I cant see any court in the land trying the ultimate way of pushing back against any more damning revelations about Trump; and that would be ordering a stop on the 2024 election going ahead. Once the news is out, it's out.

If the GJ transcript goes public before any appeal court or SCOTUS hearing on behalf of Trump against its publication is sought and allowed, no matter if any such appeal is heard, the public may have more insight into what Trump and Co did behind closed doors against the last election to confound any chance he has of winning this one.

The thing is whether an appellate court or the superior court will grant him an injunction to prevent that release before the election. 20 days is a long time to seek an emergency temporary injunctive relief. And Roberts is the justice over the DC/Federal circuit, the same guy who was the swing vote that didn't want his impeachment trial to go forward and more americans hearing evidence against then President Trump. There is a greater than coin toss chance he gets injunctive relief that lasts for the 8 weeks he needs. So, I am not holding my breath that we will actually see the Grand Jury evidence before election day (but if we do, fantastic)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

I bet his mother dreamed of an abortion after birth after realising what she’d spawned.

Advertisement