Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - mod warnings in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,975 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yeah it’s a fucked up situation. This is why you never elect fascists into power, not even once. The damage he’s already done to the judiciary will last a lifetime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Looking at the published wish list for his next office term, Elon Musk in the cabinet means curtains for democracy. Hopefully his testosterone-filled ambitions would be too much for the men in the GOP. One thing is reasonable to consider, and that is that Elon is being helpful to Trumps campaign funding at some level or another, all within the law of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭nachouser

Under Trump, the United States of Gilead will be fine for lots of people. And if not, there's always Canada.

Meh.

Making him an 'Efficiency Czar' sounds about as toothless as when Trump already in his first term appointed Musk to not one, but two of his Business Advisory Councils - which Musk fcuked off from after he ripped up the Paris Accord.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/06/01/news/elon-musk-resigns-trump-adviser/index.html

Trump to Putin: I trust what your Intelligence Services tell me, I don't trust what my US Intelligence Services tell me…

Trump to Putin: I would take any help Russia [you] can give me to win the election…

Trump in 2024: Commie Harris is working with Putin to win the election….

Trump in 2024: I will appoint Elon Musk as my efficiency commissioner [commissar] at the US federal health service in my new administration…

Trump in 2024: US Women, I love you. You can have abortions, no problems…. [I'll let the GOP-run state administrations choose if they will let you]. I just haven't quite made up my mind at what week in your pregnancy semester you will lose the right to abortion services yet, maybe its at 12 weeks, maybe its at…..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Wouldn't part of Project 2025 be firing an awful lot of democrats and those not subservient to Trump? Can you think of anyone better at firing people than Musk? That's what an "efficiency commissioner" does, cuts budgets, by firing and mainstreaming processes.

Oh God forbid there'd be a hidden reason behind it. I'd completely forgotten about the "Loyalty Oath" fixation Trump has about those in his administration. ALL JOKING APART…. coming to an area near you soon: the blockleiter….

I'll wait and see what he does about inefficiency and promoting the use of electric cars [if Trump actually does appoint him to his second cabinet if elected]. Should be interesting to see what US motor makers [Detroit etc] take is on such a move as Trump says he wants to help home industries and bring their foreign productions lines back home.

Next up for Trump today in the courts: Lawyers will ask a federal appeals court overturn a $5 million jury verdict finding him liable for sexually assaulting and defaming the writer E Jean Carroll, who accused Trump of raping her nearly three decades ago. The Republican presidential nominee is expected to attend oral arguments before a three-judge panel of the 2nd US Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan. All three judges were appointed to the bench by Democratic presidents.

Trump is appealing a May 2023 civil verdict stemming from his alleged mid-1990s encounter with Carroll in a Bergdorf Goodman department store dressing room in Manhattan, and an October 2022 Truth Social post where he called Carroll’s claim a hoax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I hope they do “overturn it” ……..and make it $10, 000,000

I mean the last court he tried to appeal it with just awarded an extra 83.3 million

• Advertisement

Trump is still terrified of the stained dress

Today at the trial they didn’t mention the dress. So the Monica Lewinsky-type dress was a big part of the trial, big, big part of the trial. I said, ‘why didn’t you mention that?’ And I heard there was a dress involved and I wasn’t frightened at all because I did nothing with her. Never touched this woman, saw this woman — I had no idea who she was. ‘But they have a dress, sir.’ I said, ‘so what?’ ‘Well, sir, it’s very serious.’ They used that dress to try and intimidate me, they used that dress with the public, that dress was such a famous dress. It was Monica Lewinsky part two, the dress, and the judge wanted it for trial and it was going to go into trial and then they found out there was nothing on the dress, which I knew and then the judge wouldn’t allow it to be used so they used it as a cudgel, they used it as a hammer over my head.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/trump-blasts-his-legal-team-in-wild-rant-white-they-awkwardly-stand-around-him/

One has to wonder if he paid the lawyers for such a poor defence of his good character. Good thing the judge knew right from wrong where it comes to introduced evidence against such an innocent man….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,100 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

So much for him being persecuted.

****er gets every break possible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Ahwell

Not every one, in the D.C. case the judge is allowing the prosecution to present a brief to the court detailing all evidence it has gathered against Trump in just 3 weeks time, meaning it will all be out there in the public domain.

An utterly bananas press conference in a world of crazy conferences.

The whole thread is mental!

I gave up twitter, thanks to Musk. And of course we can't reads threads unless you're logged in anymore.

For a made up story, it's incredible how he's able to recount it so well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,767 ✭✭✭✭looksee

So maybe Merchan is proposing to put Trump in jail, but doesn't want to give him martyr status before the election, so he leaves it till after. If Trump doesn't win he can get put in jail and be forgotten about, if he does win he can be put in jail in November till he can get to be sworn in - would they do that in jail? But at least he would have had a few weeks. He would not be able to claim the biggest crowds ever if he is sworn in in jail though. What a circus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,685 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Actually think this could play in Harris' favour, as it takes away the whole 'I'm being politically persecuted' line from trump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Hilarious. "Maybe the art of the deal came out…" That was 87, he's recounting events from 79.

And yeah, the lawyers (well, calling Alina Habba a lawyer is stretching it, she's technically a lawyer like Michael Cohen was a lawyer) are unhappy. Eh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

He becoming a rambling idiot that cannot hold his train of taught. It's similar to the release of the NY economics institute speech. Did Kamala Harris know he is gone like this and proposed unmuted microphone so his election team would not. If he rambles like that at the TV debate it woukd hilarious to see the MAGA faithfull try to justify him as a presidential option.

There was a timefrane in July where he was hardly seen. You have to question did he have a mild stroke. His speech was slurred for a while after. He has not the taught and speech functionality he had earlier in the year.

He was reading from notes in that statement and it was less than two and a half minutes long, he could not deliver the statement even with the notes. He will not have notes available at the Debate

Either he is luring KH into a trap or he is a rambling idiot at present

Post edited by Bass Reeves on

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,749 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

That is simply incredible. He has used a similar line to 'she wouldn't be the chosen one' before and with his 'grab em by the pussy' it shows that he absolutely does this sort of stuff.

He can't even remember when he 'wrote' his bestest ever book but we are supposed to believe that he remembers that this definitely didn't happen.

The looks on the people behind him. They absolutely understand how awful this is

Trumps lawyer is such a scumbag. Imagine using this defence.

The ex-president’s lawyers hammered on Kaplan permitting testimony from Jessica Leeds, one of two women Carroll’s team called to testify about their own encounters with him. Leeds came forward in October 2016 with an accusation that Trump groped her on an airplane in the late 1970s...

...Sauer, who delivered his arguments in a rapid-fire stream of words, claimed that Leeds’s testimony was problematic for a variety of reasons, claiming that there was not a federal law against sexual assault on airplanes at the time of their alleged encounter. Chin asked Sauer why another law that was in place at the time – that prohibited “contact without consent” – would not apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Trump is up against it here. Appeal courts and the even SCOTUS are reluctant to overturn jury decisions in civil cases

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Maxface

Also plays into the thought that, the accuser has been consistent in accusing him for years and years. No doubt it is true.

First I remember hearing about it — I think he's trying to get ahead of a story, like RFK with the central park bear confession, though Trump is trying to get ahead with denials and even daring the woman to sue him now for defamation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

It does smell like another incoming court case, with the story to coincide with the closing stage of the electioneering. A tv broadcasted testimony from the victim would do Harris’s campaign no harm.

Advertisement