Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - mod warnings in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

He is rambling a good bit, previous it was "not my type" even though he identified her as Ivana Trump, his use of the chosen one is a rambling ashe is being referred to as chosen one by some fundamental Christians. Is this where the chosen one reference comes from

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Isn't that the one where both sides got to submit their evidence/defence sides to the judge before the trial so as to allow things proceed without surprises being sprung by either side at the hearing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Ahwell

It's so the judge can determine want in the DOJ's evidence can be considered "official acts" and private actions as per the Supreme Courts immunity ruling. It's being referred to as a of kind of mini-trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,975 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Coupled with the revelation that Musk is backed by billionaire Russians when buying Twitter, the stuff coming out about how Russia is meddling in the US is crazy

And there is a clear correlation between some of the points to be pushed and done when you compare with what Trump pushes and says.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,100 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Anyone who says MAGA isn't a cult is welcome to explain how Dick ****ing Cheney is a RINO nowadays

Post edited by everlast75 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,800 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Certainly not a fan of Dick Cheney, but GOP voters need to wake up and heed the warnings. It is actually the most important election in Presidential history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Good analysis in today’s IT. By Keith Duggan on North Carolina - while it highlights the urban rural divide like you see in a lot of states it also highlights how many people have been left with nothing as industries have closed - but there’s certainly hope and a growing sense of positivity - but it’s bloody close in terms of votes right now- on the ground talking to people and appearing in person is just so damned important in these states - lesson I’ve learned here is when you’re down, you’ll take the best story fed to you - doesn’t matter who that person is- there’s a lot of poverty in the USA - as a result there are a lot of vulnerable people who are naturally “scared” - this is certainly a factor on why Trump is doing so well - the other factor is the media- it’s very hard to get a good news and honest factual news story published - that’s a challenge for Democrat politicians right now - there’s no truth or at least little truth in the news - I hate to think what bull Americans are being fed but it’s clear many are lapping it up without question - this may go some way to answering the question why is Trump so close in this race?

https://www.irishtimes.com/world/us/2024/09/06/us-presidential-election-i-dont-see-a-path-to-the-white-house-for-trump-without-north-carolina/

Another good article here that tries to identify just who are these undecided voters and just what their concerns are - taking lessons from Labours recent victory in the UK- again it’s not about labelling all undecided voters as “thick” or asking “why are they considering to vote for that horrible man Trump “- you won’t win this election if you don’t get to understand their perspective on things

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/sep/07/us-hero-voters-key-to-harris-win-say-ex-aides-who-plotted-labour-uk-victory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,100 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Eyes on the prize for Trump ahead of the debates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,800 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Is Trump going to stoop down to measure Harris's stilletos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Isn't he the one who's first thoughts after he was shot, was "get my shoes"?

That's one thing that surprised me, WTF did he take off his shoes for in the first place?

Biden [the govt] is the one which is having to say "No" and deprive people of things they ask for, incl medical and welfare help. Trump is in the lucky position that he's not the "No" guy. He can promise all kinds of goodies and then say "sorry folks, the Dems emptied the treasury" if he gets into office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,183 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd say his slip-ons (or maybe just one of them) fell off in the scuffle with the secret service agents crowding him.

Hopefully so. I'd hate to think it was a foot problem so often mentioned turning out to be real. There is one news outlet, the Daily Mail, which really acts as a pro-Trump story outlet but for some reason is labelling Trumps request as bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Mzzz E. Jean Carrol ladies and gentle they/them

------------------------------------------

Warned: Trolling. 1 point + 1 day ban

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

How important can Trumps admission in the TV interview with Lex Friedman last week that he lost the 2020 election by a whisker be in any of the prosecutions being taken against him for attempting to steal the election from Biden? On the face of it, it turns his repeated claims that he did not lose the election, that it was stolen from him on their heads.

Can the entirely voluntary admission be added to and used by SC Smith in his new case against Trump as proof that Trump knowingly committed criminal acts in trying to prevent the truthful result of the vote being entered onto the record in Congress.

Is there any chance he can get SCOTUS to declare that his statement to the interviewer cannot be entered as evidence that he knew he had lost the election despite his repeated claims to the contrary over the past four years?

Three hours ago a story broke that Nick Fuentes is accusing Trump of betrayal by admitting to Friedman that he had, after all, lost the election to Biden in 2020. There are a few more comments from Fuentes about Trump in the article in the following link. EDIT: I've noticed that some of the comments made by others on Fuentes comments in the report are dated 04 Sept so the actual comments by Fuentes about Trump predate the date included at the head of the report so it's actual relevance might be in doubt. https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/nick-fuentes-is-now-accusing-donald-trump-of-betrayal-and-people-have-no-sympathy/ar-AA1qarNy?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=LCTS&cvid=0fc56277ba424913a7fade1ea43cd624&ei=62

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It's the "She's a confident woman who is confident and open about sex, so she must be a dirty filthy slag who was asking for it" trope

Par for the course from people who like the Idea of having a Rapist Criminal in the White House.

Post edited by Quin_Dub on

• Advertisement

So you're just not brave enough to come out and say you don't think she was raped?

I'm not surprised.

Want to know what blows my mind? That Trump is so loud and boasting about his innocence, so loud at press conferences where he said she made it all up, even though it cost him over $80 million dollars the last time and will probably cost him again after his latest outburst....

But the part that blows my mind is that when he was given the option to testify in a court of law, he declined. So, yeah. Only spouting innocence, where it's inconsequential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

What are you trying or too afraid to say about Carroll?

Would you be trying to link or co-join this site with Trump in the defamatory statements he said about E. Jean Carroll?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

The Chump wears "elevator" shoes to make him look taller………..just another part of the scam that is Chump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

The first reference I've found to this supposed tweet is from yesterday. Strangely enough nobody actually links to the tweet... It's a tad sad to be both so gullible and to be smearing a victim of rape. Bit sick really…

Grabbing at the names of personalities [including deceased personalities] in an attempt to increase Trump's chances to regain the White House, JD Vance has come up with a doozy. He said that if John McCain saw the state of the border wall, he would not vote for Harris. One is probably supposed to think instead that if John McCain were alive, he would vote for Trump. It seems that the US Military dead are fair game for use in the electoral race by both GOP candidates.

Apart from the fact that there was a distinct dislike between McCain and Trump, with Trump running down McCains name and reputation any chance he got, both when McCain was alive and after he died, including initially refusing [as president] to allow McCain rest in state in the Capitol after his death, it's hard to understand how Vance could have come up with a more unlikely personage to use in a Trump electoral promotion effort, short of idiocy, given the enmity between McCain and Trump. Vance's idea might be a snap reaction to the news that Dick Cheney said he was going to vote against Trump in the election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,975 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Trump supporters are thirsty for a drink in a desert for anything to try and stop Kamala with, of course they’d jump at every mirage

a nice summary of Trumps er, deliberate mistakes

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-cognitive-decline-biographer-b2608901.html

IF, he is indeed on the path of cognitive decline as the article above suggests, then the debate will be fascinating watching .

It must be said though that Harris can have her moments when off script - my reckoning is that Harris has more of a chance of losing voters or not gaining more voters if her performance goes awry than Trump does. She can’t afford to get distracted from whatever horseplay Trump is about on the night

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/09/07/trump-allies-debate-fears-00177809

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Afraid 😂 would I believe her story? absolutely not

She's a lunatic fantasist ….who also happens to be a Democrat supporter with TDS by coincidence

'Among several allegations that appear in her new book, What Do We Need Men For? A Modest Proposal, the writer E. Jean Carroll claims that Les Moonves tried to sexually assault her. As detailed in the upcoming New York cover story, Carroll says she was working on an article on Moonves for 

Esquire

and that he followed her to an elevator after the interview and cornered her. “He steps into the elevator behind me,” Carroll writes, “and his pants bursting with demands, goes at me like an octopus. I don’t know how many apertures and openings you possess, Reader, but Moonves, with his arms squirming and poking and goosing and scooping and pricking and prodding and jabbing, is looking for fissures I don’t even know I own, and — by God! — I am not certain that even if I pull off one of his arms it won’t crawl after me and attack me in my hotel bed. Hell, I am thrilled I escape before he expels his ink.” Carroll adds that she did not include the experience in her 

Esquire

article,

• Advertisement

All the pressure is on Harris. Trump has been busy consolidating his base. That's all he cares about. He has absolutely no concern about expanding his base

Advertisement