Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - mod warnings in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,097 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

People like you talk about crisis actors, mossad dancing in New York, 5G networks etc etc.

That is welcome.

What bomb threats in Springfield.

A threat is just words though. Was Harris directly targeted?

Was it animal liberation front types?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,749 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I have no idea what that post is supposed to mean.

If you think Harris should condemn this apparent violence, do you agree Trump should condemn the apparent bomb threats in Springfield and that he failed by not doing so when asked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,874 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement

Fair play to her. She knew the pressure was building on boards.ie

Now. Let's see how long it takes for Trump to condemn the bomb threats.

It's 3 1/2 years since Jan 6th which he not only never condemned but continues to call those who attempted to kill Mike Pence patriots so I won't be holding my breath.

But obviously you'll be posting soon calling on Trump to condemn the violence. Otherwise you're just a hypocrit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,350 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Indeed I do not.

I composed a paragraph about the incident today, as if it were a comment on a similar incident relating to Harris, if written by the Trump campaign.

Its how the Trump campaign just lies and misinforms.

The tables need to be turned on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

He is entirely bringing this on himself with his utterly ridiculous and dangerous rhetoric. I have zero sympathy.

• Advertisement

This is the latest shooter, extolling Biden and co. to do more.

Even against the standard people who back the Democrats this man is nuts. He is also asking Elon Musk to sell him a missile and is obsessed with fighting in wars.

It is likely that he is not acting in a party political capacity.

Fox news reporting the only shots fired were by the Secert Service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Didn't expect a second person to take a pop at him. It didn't go so well for the last guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭Redliketoast

Trump would have been smart to play the first attempt differently. If he came out the next day as "reborn" and told everyone that the violence needs to end. Then stops attacking biden (at the time). He would have won this election by now.

As disgusting as an attempted murder is, this is a chance for Trump to repent(non religiously of course).

But likewise, this isn't just something that can be used by Trump. If Harris' team are clever, they can also use it. Just stop attacking Trump. Sure they feel he is vile. But if they take the high road, they can be seen as the side of reason.

Either way this shows that both sides ARE the same. Both sides have absolute nut jobs. I just hope it isn't used for point scoring. People don't like Trump. That's OK. But it's through an election that you make sure that he knows that.

Before the "we are not the same" bs comments. How many Trump fans on here would be hoping that Harris is shot? Most people are normal people. Its ok to have different policy points. It's not OK to wish death. That is never OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Since the last shooter was a registered Republican... Concluding both sides are the same when all we know at this point is the failed shooter's name is a leap. Also only one side is backing a convicted felon and rapist. Not convicted on the latter but is viewed as such.

Harris's attacks on Trump are on his conduct both now and as president. It would be a bit silly to ignore relevant facts. Also called them weird so not exactly egging on an assassination attempt. Meanwhile Trump has used plenty of violent language more than once.

Saying "trump's said it too" isn't exactly a gotcha when I already said both sides need to cut the bs.

If you think that kamala has only talked about conduct then you haven't been paying attention. She still says a threat to democracy. She still talks about dictator. She talks about taking away women's rights and project 2025. All things he denies. That isn't talking about conduct. That is dangerous talk.

We know way more than just his name. We already know this evenings shooter was a pay as you go soldier in Ukraine. He tweeted a lot more than the last guy and it was very pro democrat. He is def a blue. Like the last guy he was def 100% anti Trump. But as I mentioned, it doesn't matter. Using that for point scoring is proof that you are no better than the people you are criticising.

His Twitter profile actually doesn't indicate a dem at all. Not a member of a party. He was calling for Vivek as the GOP candidate. On top of that he tweeted that he voted for Trump in 2016. During BLM protests, you've got All Lives Matter tweets from him so not exactly matching a democrat at all.

He is a big supportor of Ukraine asking Bob Geldof, Mark Knopfler and Bono to write a song.

If anything it might be to do with Trump's support of Putin as he spent time in the Ukraine.

He also voted for Trump in 2016

He also wanted Niki & Vivek to be the Republican pick in the election

Honestly, his Ukraine activity comes across as a person who wasn't the most well. Eg trying to get former members of Al Qaeda into Ukraine. Would have been around the same time he blockaded himself from the police.

Reading the twitter feed it really does read of person in an unhealty head space.

I wouldn't be surprised if it comes out that he was on a security watch list in the US.

• Advertisement

His twitter says he only joined in 2020 so not sure where you got the 2016 tweet. Maybe it's an old account?

What we do see though is him tweeting biden and Harris telling them to show Trump what a real leader is.

He is pro Ukraine war mate. All signs point to one party. But again that's not what it should be about. The fact that you are obsessed with the party shows how your priorities are misplaced.

You would rather dig in than say that mental people exist on both sides

Sure thing, your conclusions that he is a Democrat is a huge leap. And reading over his Twitter feed which includes him explicitly referring to alllivesmatter and tweeting at Trump that he voted for him in 2016 makes the conclusion a massive leap.

I do think overall that he was a man that is not mentally well tbh. And that's regardless of his political leanings.

Just because you read that he posted alllivesmatter doesn't mean the person who posted it was being genuine. He clearly supported blm.

But again I will say and you lot will ignore, that using party affiliation for point scoring is missing the whole point. If you don't think there are crazies that are on both sides then you have no credibility.

Red, you've now posted 4 or 5 times stating that the is surely a democrat, clearly Harris must change her rhetoric and that proves that both sides have extremists

But you are not trying to be political.!

Harris side never tried to be political last time , and Harris statement was non political this time as well.

The reason the political affiliation of the shooter even became a thing was because it was initially stated that he was a Biden supporter.

Most sane people realise that political affiliation is not the cause of the attempt (there are millions of both GOP and DNC supporters who never dream of violence) so clearly it is something else.

Lots of celebrities get threats everyday. Unfortunately there are some crazy people in the world.

The issue for Trump is that he likes to actively court these people. He never condemns them. Always gives them an understanding.

Posting that he hates Taylor Swift is uncalled for, demeaning and knowing their are crazy people out there, putting Taylor Swift at a bigger risk.

Trump should come out today and condemn the attempt. State that the US doesn't need violence or be cowed by it. It has no part for true patriots. That while political differences exists those differences are what make USA the greatest country in the world.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

His first social media post following the incident was "NEVER SURRENDER" , so not really helping to lower the temperature at all.

He will once again frame this as "They" are trying to stop me , "They" came after me , and "they" will come after you. Which is exactly what he did the last time.

Violence is totally unacceptable and the guy involved is clearly unwell and if reports are accurate, he was previously involved in a barricade situation with a gun so how he still had access to weapons is another important question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

wild that blm and ukraine and determined to be Democractic party issues?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The guy clearly has some kind of hero complex.

He was all over the map by the looks of it

He was posting about "All Lives Matter" then "Black Lives Matter" and everything else.

Looks like he was posting about trying to go and fight in every conflict or potential conflict all over the world.

Saw himself as some kind of really important "hero" figure - Trying to raise militias to go to Ukraine , Taiwan and elsewhere to "win". Major Conspiracy theorist as well.

Has a long history of incidents and weapons related offences , but was still able to get access to guns it seems.

What's wild is blaming Trump for people trying to murder him...... imagine it was Kamala and Trumpers saying that stuff!! But yea both sides are not the same.

Ad for me saying that Kamala said....... yes she has said some violent rethoric. I also said that both sides have. I am saying that everyone in here keeps trying ti say both sides are not the same. When it is clear they are.

As for saying I hate taylor swift. Who gives a f if he likes or hates taylor swift? People say they hate Donald Trump all the time. What are you 12?

And then summing it up ti say Donald Trump should come out and condemn.........

I will repeat

Could You imagine someone tried to assassinated Kamala Harris twice. Then someone in here said things like,

"Oh too bad they missed (from the last attempt)"

"Third time lucky?"

"It's her fault for saying......."

"She needs to come out and condemn this today"

"She brings it in herself"

I mean ffs lads, you keep saying both sides are not the same. It might be true because I only see one side saying that kind of stuff.

As for blm being a democrat issue. It is. It always has been. Democrats use racism as a political stand point. Also Ukraine is 100% democrat. Republicans are America first. They don't want to spend billions on a manufactured war. A lot of companies who support blue are making a lot of money from the war.

The invite to Kim Jong Un to visit and the efforts to get former Al Qaeda members out to Afghanistan is a pretty clear sign that he's somewhat delusional. It's pretty much a sign of their mental health services and lack of gun control.

• Advertisement

Two major stories which will be swept away in the breathless coverage of the non-event when Trump was not even on the same hole as the potential shooter.

Vance admitted in a TV interview that he knew the stories about immigrants eating pets were a lie but that he would continue to make up lies to get in the media. - This should be Walz's first line in their debate. "Are you lying now are will you be lying later and how will we know which is which"

Trump singled out a US citizen and said he hatin them based on nothing more than they said they were going to vote for Harris. Therefore he hates anyone and everyone who doesn't vote for him. That's not democracy. It's an attempt to silence those who disagree with him.

Both these stories should be front-page news. Trump supports still go on, with their usual under siege complex, about HC saying they were deplorables 9 years ago. Here is Trump calling out a Harris supporter for public hate, and by extension all Harris supporters, and I bet they will have nothing to say

Advertisement