Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - threadbans and mod warnings in OP

1113114115116117119»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The US media is now saying that Trump is laying the groundwork to reject the election results in November if he loses. No sh!t, Sherlocks. What in the last few years would give anyone the impression that Trump would accept election results this time, considering what happened last time? And considering that getting elected is his final "get out of jail free" card, it's likely to be even more blatant this time if he does lose the vote.

The US media seems to be about 10 steps behind Trump, most of the time. They allow him to get away with constant and dangerous lies by never calling him out on it to his face. They just sit back, broadcast his nonsense and then get surprised when he actually follows through on his threats. Absolutely dreadful country.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

People are bored of his schtick now - He is incapable of shifting direction even slightly to appeal to a broader base.

He will continue to rant and rave about all the usual things and more and more people will tune out.

Inflation is dropping , the Fed are about to cut rates and Border "interactions" are at their lowest levels for 3 years plus so all his actual talking points are being taken away from him.

And that's before he goes to court and loses again and again through the month of September , including confirmation of his Federal conviction which will make him ineligible to even vote for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Detritus70

I wonder how much Trump spends on lawsuits.

I know he has a habit of not paying, but lawyers won't fall for that one forever and start demanding cash upfront.

And I'm hoping that his stock will drop enough that he won't make much of it. It's at $23, I'm hoping it will dip below $20 before the weekend. I see his stock as an indicator of his popularity and after a brief bump after the shooting, it's dropped quite significantly.

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭briany

The only question about a potential Trump loss in November is how much ground has been laid by MAGA to actually follow through on an attempt to bypass the vote and install Trump as president. Think about how close they got the last time despite it being chaotic and ad hoc and consider that they've had four years to plan. Is that being slept on or are any measures being quietly taken to counteract it?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

He spends lots of other peoples money - I saw a figure of something like $70m had been spent across the various PACs and Super-Pacs around his campaign on legal fees in the last year.

The Stock is down 41% since the brief high-point after the shooting a month ago.

He can't sell until sometime in mid-September and that current trajectory would have the stock down in the low to mid-teens at best by then.

The problem for Trump will be finding buyers for that amount of Stock - No institutional investors will want to touch it so he can't bundle up a big ball of stock and sell it as a single deal at a fixed price.

So if he wants to sell , he just basically has to put the stock out there in the open market and no matter what company you are , if a large chunk of the stock hits the open market at the same time the price will tank. Layer in the fact that the company is a complete turd and within minutes the offer price will be 60/70% down on whatever the initial price was.

It's currently valued at something close to $5B but in reality it's worthless. They say they have ~$350M in cash on hand and no debt but they are also losing 10's of millions annually so the true value is likely less than $200M if you discount the cash assets against those run rate losses - So about 95%+ less than current Stock price which is about $1 a share.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The key difference between this time and 2020 is that Trump won't be in power if he loses come November - January. He won't have the special forces or police to command.

And do we think people will rock up this time knowing what happened to the last bunch?

Or do we think that the police and security detail will be caught short again?

If he loses this time, they should suspect the worst, but it'll be a whimper I think.

The concern is less about a Jan 6th style incident and more about the morons that have managed to get themselves into positions of authority at the county/district levels that can try to gum things up be refusing to certify results etc.

There's also the issue of these "Election watchers" that they say they have - I fully expect there to be incidents at counting locations in the swing states where these people try to gain access to places they shouldn't be or where they try to prevent the counts continuing if the "Red mirage" effect happens again where an early Trump lead is wiped out as they count early/mail in votes later in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I don't know the specific details but I'm pretty sure that a few swing states have MAGA election deniers in key election positions now. That could throw up some nasty issues if Trump loses to Harris. Time will tell, I suppose. But the US media needs to start calling out Trump for what he is, rather than just broadcasting his dangerous nonsense and rolling their eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭briany

Steve Bannon championed the so-called 'precinct strategy' in late 2021.

He's called for MAGA activists to infiltrate the election process at every level, right from the ground up.

Advertisement