Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - threadbans and mod warnings in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

From the NYT in May this year.

May 30, 2024

Tulsi Gabbard, a former House member who ran for president in 2020 as a Democrat and then left the party, on Wednesday embraced the idea of joining Donald J. Trump as his running mate on the Republican ticket.

“If asked to serve in that way, I would be honored to do so,” Ms. Gabbard said in response to a question from the audience during a speech at the Richard M. Nixon Library and Museum in California. She was promoting her book about her estrangement from the political left.

Ms. Gabbard, an independent, is considered a long shot for the role, but has drawn intrigue from Mr. Trump with her criticism of Democrats and her visibility on conservative news outlets. She has visited Mr. Trump multiple times at Mar-a-Lago, his private club and residence in Florida.

Coincidence my ass! The question now is only why did she wait until RFK stepped forward to make her move?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Well Trump wants Israel to hurry it up and get it over with for PR, and Kamala has called for a ceasefire.

Not seeing the difference in that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Trump's idea of ending the Ukraine war is handing territories to Russia... Basically if you want to leave Russia off to commit a load of genocide, then vote Trump. A form of peace where you just pretend it's all sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,690 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

If you think the Ukraine war is bad vote Trump. If you think abortion rights are important vote Kamala. The rest is nonsense

So no other issue is off the slightest significance? The economy, immigration. Clinate change, gun control , all nonsense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,627 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If you think the Ukraine war is bad, you'd have to have swallowed an awful lot of Russian propaganda to think Putin's lapdog Trump would deliver peace and security for Ukraine. Trump doesn't give a damn about the fate of Ukraine, as evidenced by his playing political football with their security because they wouldn't go along with his scurrilous muck raking about political opponents. Trump would abandon Ukraine.

Trump doesn't care if Russia slaughters, rapes, enslaves or tortures every last civilian under Russian occupation. That's Russian peace for you, that's Trump's peace for you. Atrocities don't just happen in war. But all that matters to some people is that it doesn't happen "in war" and they can go back to turning a blind eye to it.

But sure prove me wrong, find the quotes where Trump publicly criticises Russia for the documented evidence of its war crimes and atrocities, for its occupation and abuses in Ukrainian territory. War is bad but that is worse. Find us the quotes where he condemns Russia without reservation for such conduct. Trump mouths off about everything else, but not that. Says it all.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,701 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Trump and diplomacy in the same sentence? Trump has not the least idea of diplomacy in any form. Certainly there would be nothing diplomatic about his 'solving' the Ukraine problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,548 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Great person? Russian stooge who spouts rubbish about political oppenents. She also peddled this conspiracy theory that there are US backed bio; ads in Ukraine, and she claims that Russia and America are roughly the same with its suppression of free speech.

A grifter, that is all she is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

In a manner apparently surprising for the GOP, Colorado's GOP party have ousted it's party chairman [Dave Williams] over his attacks on the LGBT+ community. It seems the row began after he posted an email on behalf of the party about "godless grooming" and "God hates fags". Some others things he did as chairman did not end up well for the party electorally, endorsing 18 candidates in primary races, of which only 4 won. Eli Bremer was elected in his place. Meeting attendees also voted to remove the Colorado Republican Party vice chairwoman and secretary for helping Williams maintain his seat amid the controversy.

Colorado Representative Lauren Boebert had even warned Williams to support his party or face removal back in July. With Williams rejecting calls to step down, members of his party met over the weekend, voting 161.66 to 12, in favor of ousting the head of the Colorado GOP (some of those voting only get fractional votes, according to CPR). Williams has rejected the vote, claiming in an email that the meeting on Saturday was a “sham” and did not follow proper procedure. The Colorado GOP said that a “properly called” meeting will take place on August 31.

This was reported in The Independent online news media outlet four [4] hours ago.

Just one thing about the GOP row there, Colorado is NOT on the list of swing states needed by Trump to ensure a GOP win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Tds is strong here lol

OK jfk was on average 5pc polling but now that does not matter

Tulsi is a multiple decorated war hero who destroyed kamala twice in one year

Yes nothing to see here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,548 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

How to say you didn't read the articles I posted, without saying it

I hope you know, Harris isn't running against Tulsi…this is a tad embarrassing, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

I could be wrong but for me Hilary got caught up in that personal email/confidential files thing at the wrong time (very close to election) along with some worrying medical issue (fainting I think) - neither of these did her much favour.

I think there will be some prejudices out there against Harris - that’s the way some of America is so let’s be honest about it - call it a glass ceiling or whatever - that’s why I think Harris needs a convincing lead going into polling day - that and the democrats ensuring that every single able democrat voter gets to the polls on the day - they’re notorious for not registering or turning up- Hilary didn’t overly endear herself to the female voters either if I remember rightly - hopefully that contingent sees sense this time

Trump of course does need to maintain a lead - a strong Trump lead for me means he’ll win- very little doubt there

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭engineerws

The difference is Kamala says nice things. Democrats have supplied the bombs to Israel and another 20 billion in funding so Israel can protect itself by murdering every Palestinian child. The refused to allow any Palestinian Americans to speak at the Democratic Congress. She's a genocidal maniac but she says nice things.

The fact you can't see that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Russia really done a number on America the last 20 years.

They took their eye off the ball with Al-Qaeda etc.

Now their oldest and biggest enemy has infiltrated them all the way to the White House.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Genocidal maniac?

Ok, no need to carry on this "rational discussion" any further.

I just find this rhetoric crazy. Ukraine is being annihilated. A diplomatic solution is better than annihilation.

No point continuing this, I've had similar conversations. Zelensky is feeding his people to the lions. It's pure madness.

Agree, have read the other comments and all of a similar bent.

Kamala has stood by Biden as he supplied Israel the money and the bombs to commit genocide. She is complicit.

That's not to say that Trump is not a murderer too.

It seems this thread is infected with Trump Derangement Syndrome. No more from me here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭Greengrass53

Just for clarity, what do you think will happen to Ukrainians when putin with trump's imprimator gets control.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Yes I know Dat

Joe b 14 million votes

Oh no u don't Joe

Pass to hamala

What

Democrats to save democracy

What a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Babyreignbow

“Trump’s attempt to prevent the peaceful transfer of power after losing the election proved beyond any reasonable doubt his willingness to place his personal interests above the law and values of our constitutional democracy,” the Reagan and Bush administration lawyers added. “We cannot go along with other former Republican officials who have condemned Trump with these devastating judgments but are still not willing to vote for Harris. We believe this election presents a binary choice, and Trump is utterly disqualified.”

They concluded that the GOP nominee is “guilty of grave wrongdoing to our Constitution, democracy, and rule of law, and who remains unfit, dangerous, and detached from reality.”

Shared on Fox digital no less

Use your mighty arms to slay the fierce enemy that is selfish desire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,156 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Are the Roblox forums down or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

What’s your solution that doesn’t involve giving Russia territory it illegally stole?

Now I know why you’re banned for the Russia/Ukraine thread.

Orwell road is looking very lonely these days…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

So you support increased genocide of Ukrainians provided it creates the illusion of peace. Also, just a reminder for posters. Engineer blames the US and NATO for the invasion of Ukraine....

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Detritus70

I'm sure he would immediately surrender when a burglar breaks into his house and give him everything he has.

And he would blame himself for provoking the burglar.

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Yes it’s a terribly worded headline - but I read it anyway for the sake of debate here.

Below is “their” definition of character - and it’s essentially about who looks, sounds, feels more presidential - extremely wishy-washy yes, but Trump is not going to win debating the finer points of fiscal policy - character assignation from the point of view of attempting to show Harris as unfit for high office is and will be his key strategy - in that sense it’s a nothing article as we know that’s what he’s doing - but the significance of this approach can’t be underestimated - if he paints Harris in a bad light as a future president in a memorable way (lock her up), that’s going to hurt Harris campaign- how much, we’ll have to wait and see.

Theres very few things Trump can pin on Harris that will stick- but painting a picture of her as a bad future president is in my view, the key strategy that could stop a number of undecided voters from voting from her - from my point of you, a clear lead post debate should see Harris through but I’ve no doubt there’s a few aces to be played yet

Not character in the sense of a candidate’s personal life, but the attributes that play into the question of whether someone is suited to the presidency — is he or she qualified, trustworthy and strong, and does he or she care about average Americans?Presidential races, in this sense, are deeply personal; they usually involve disqualifying the opposing candidate, rather than convincing voters that his or her platform is wrongheaded.

Advertisement