Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - threadbans and mod warnings in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,941 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

This just in - Fox's own Jeanine Pirro and Dana Perino are "sensitive souls", according to boards poster..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,548 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ah sure look, tis yourself again.

Honestly why isn't there a minimum comment count or account age >5 days to prevent this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sigma101

Trump was invited to attend the ceremony by the relatives of 13 US troops who died in the US withdrawal from Kabul. Of course, Trump crassly and shamelessly exploited the photo opportunity.

The families chose not to invite Harris/Biden, as presumably they blame them for the loss of their loved ones. They made the wrong call inviting Trump, as Trump himself was largely responsible for the chaotic troop withdrawal through actions he had undertaken in the preceding years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Rawr

Futhermore, a draft dodger who referred to fallen WWII troops as "Suckers & Losers" when attending a cerimony.

Donnie and his people only care about the optics of being around the US Military and his people likely guessed that this would improve his appearance after that increadbily feckless Medal of Honor comment he made a short while back.

Also…thumbs up over someone's grave? Dear God he's a feckless idiot…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,156 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Really teeing up some softball shyte here

Doesn't really seem like journalism, not that you should expect that from… Dr. Phil.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/dr-phil-asks-trump-stunning-question-were-kamala-harris-and-biden-okay-with-you-getting-shot/

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Detritus70

Share price under 20 and falling. Long may this trend continue. I hope it's down to single digits when Tr*mp gets to sell his share.

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Ref ownership of Truth Social's holding company, who is the majority shareholder of it?

If it's Trump, what state is the company domiciled in, given that NY courts ruled that he must have nothing to do with running businesses there. Does having the company with shares on the market give him some freedoms and exemptions?

If he is the majority shareholder, can he seek to put it into bankruptcy and declare it a dead duck, using his knowledge of bankruptcy laws?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,737 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

The company's registered in Florida.

Convicted Felon Trump is indeed the majority shareholder at 59%, 114.75 million shares.

As for bankruptcy, good question, though that's typically up to the BOT to declare (which they will if CFTrump demands, of course.) At the current sub-$20 price, that's about $2.25 bn on the face - assuming he can dump all of it at around that price, of course, it won't be as the price will plummet when CFTrump's shares come on the market.

His buddy Vlad P. might try to help out through his intermediaries, but usually when a huge amount of shares vest, they're not dumped all at once.

• Advertisement

When Convicted Felon Trump met with the DOJ leads in order to put co-conspirator lickspittle Jeffrey Clark as AG and they all threatened to resign, so that Clark could get up to mischief regarding the electoral votes, this was an 'official action' (replacing the AG) so was removed from the indictment as evidence of CFTrump's intentions.

More changes included describing CFTrump as 'Candidate for President' and not '45th President.' Things CFTrump did like hanging around the WH and enjoying the riot were removed as evidence - the POTUS hanging around the WH watching TV and failing to call off a mob he ginned up are 'official actions.'

Anyway, that immunity ruling is still a disaster, looks to me like Smith did a pretty good job preserving what he could.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/new-trump-indictment-loses-allegations-related-jan-6/story?id=113201064

We'll just have to wait and see if SCOTUS has the honesty to take a good hard look at the damage Trump has done to the ability of the US constitution to preserve, protect and defend the citizens of the US outside those few he sees as good people and how it's decision to rule against legal actions against him proceeding by equivocating on what were and were not official presidential actions when he sought to interfere with legal proceedings against him on the grounds that he was carrying out official presidential actions at those times. A choice by SCOTUS not to do so will probably drive divisiveness and distrust even deeper into justice in the US.

There's giving an accused person the benefit of the doubt when his lawyer raises points of law and there's deliberate malfeasance when one's decisions are made to order of the defendant who used official presidential actions as an excuse for what - should anyone else have committed the actions - would have earned them a straightforward criminal conviction from any judge worth his/her salt. The SCOTUS bench gave Trump himself a weapon for future use alongside his fake claims that the legal proceedings against him were and are interference with the presidential election process, letting him think they gave him the legal right to do whatever he wants. SCOTUE even went as far as symbolically washing their hands by passing the problem of the legal cases Trump has been facing over the past eight or so years back to the lower courts for decision. Que sera sera, Pontius Pilate…..

Hey trump supporters... (Echo echo echo)

Do ye remember when you used to see this from Kim Jong Un, about how he got lots of hole in ones on his first time playing golf, and you laughed at such bullsh1t, thinking "yeah right mate, what a loser. No one believes you. And look at his supporters, lapping It up! Gullible a-holes!".

Well...

That's you now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,548 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

He has only played in "official" independently managed events a handful of times - This one might have been the last in fact and he always posted below average to very poor scores.

However , every time he plays at tournaments hosted/run at one of his own courses he magically plays like Jack Nicklaus reborn.

Seems that Convicted Felon Trump is, as he has done in the past, worked around immigration regulations via a backdoor to a Nebraska Congressman (who CFTrump had threatened to get someone to primary), in order to get a visa for the CTO of Truth Social.

https://www.salon.com/2024/08/29/media-exec-jumped-the-line-for-us-visa-after-company-lobbied-lawmaker_partner/

Post edited by Igotadose on

Ref the Trump Golf Course event where some "heroes" are to be met and feted for their Jan 06 2020 actions at the Capitol, Trump's campaign have stated that he will not be attending at it, even though he was invited to it.

Surprise, surprise, if he does turn up at it seeing as he was invited to it and the "heroes" were working for him to ensure the "real winner" of that years election was written into the record at Congress. I'm just waiting to see what wing he appears out of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

But it’s the kind of thing he won’t be able to shut up about, if he’s pushed enough on how those people are a bit special and of a certain type, he will probably end up defending them as they like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Nice little earner for his business, invite people to a Gala at his own club but charge them at least $1500 for the privilege of actually attending.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

That'll be the least of the grift.

He'll be charging eye-watering amounts for every single aspect of using his facilities - Melania once got paid ~$155k for "designing the table centre pieces" at some event held in Mar-a-Lago.

There is no end to the ways he bilks people for money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

pps wheres my wheres my rte macaroons,kevin?

1. Trump visits Arlington cemetery
    2. He's told to not take photos
    3. He goes to anyway, and a member of his entourage gets in a fight with an official at the cemetery
    4. Vance states that this altercation is blown out of proportion by the media, thus confirming there was an altercation
    5. The official is accused of having a mental breakdown by Trump's team
    6. The person says they won't file charges as they are afraid of retaliation
    7. The army says **** Trump, and releases this statement
    8. Vance says no advert was made of the visit
    9. An advert of the visit is released on social media.

Incredible stuff

Course he will. It's being held at his Bedminster golf course venue so presumably there will be a fee charged by the course management, probably charged to one or other of his election campaign funds or PACs. The image of him and Giuliani stiffing it to they don't like would be something he could market well, especially as the event is "supposed" to be a fundraiser for those charged with Jan 6 offences.

One thing which puzzled me was the fact that he was invited to attend the occasion while he was directly involved in the Jan 6 event on two levels: 1. The mob were in Washington to show support for him. 2. The mob tried to storm the Capitol to disrupt the official event certifying the election result not being in his favour.

He owns the venue, is a known show-boater and is on the guest invite list; what gives?

I would not be at all surprised if he did not try to finagle a fee for attending the event, under some management fee cover.

Remember that way back when he was the 45th, he charged the Secret Service the costs of the accommodation it had to take up at the venues he owned while they were on protection duties for him. I doubt very much if he's changed his skin since 2020.

Post edited by aloyisious on

Tampon Tim!

Again, he didn't sign it into law but if he did, which he didn't, it would have been a very popular thing to do. What polling does he have that says otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Maxface

They should do a live round, Donald and a few scratch golfers. Best way to put that to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Rawr

I always read Melania’s fee for “Designing Centerpieces” to actually read as “Quarterly Stipend to keep her from leaving Trump”

It's awful to see this man being pushed out there to campaign when clearly he's got dementia. It's elder abuse, pure and simple.

Can't believe the posters here aren't more concerned. At least the Dems and Joe did the right thing, like so so many here said they should. Very disappointed in them 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭scottser

Elder abuse - thanks for the coffee snort!

As for folks not concerned about poor Trump, put it this way - I care EXACTLY the same about Trump as he does about me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Alibaba

What a horrible individual..... its always about Me Me Me....

I've a feeling he's met his match though... in the Lady who turned Black 😉😉

Advertisement