Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump the Megathread part II - threadbans and mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,138 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Trump who is a rapist and convicted felon would be just as bad in Gaza, but I couldn't vote for Biden is Peak MAGA!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭randomuser02125

A veritable smorgasbord of imagination. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,082 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Even FOX News are correcting lies by Trump and his stooges about the trials, but still we hear the baseless corrupt media excuses for Trump being trotted out.

The jury weren't just watching CNN, it has been documented in the information released from the trial.

Completely discredited canard at this stage.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭josip

Could he be made do that wearing an orange jumpsuit? Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭randd1

Has Mad Traitor Greene called for the murder of all democrats yet? Seems like the first thing she'd do.

What are the chances that mass shootings, noted Democrats/Democrat supporters get killed, or a Klan rally in the next few weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭ronjo

@irishchris I want to find this independent research too….. where is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

"Eh...You wouldn't know my girlfriend.

She goes to a different school"

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Alibaba

Randd1 : I'm not being critical of your post in any way but isn't it just shocking that we are talking like this in the middle of a US Presidential Election.

It goes to show the depths that Trump has brought the United States to, with his threats and his LIES.

He has an awful lot to answer for and will be judged harshly by history imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Excellent analysis of how flawed the case was and how bad it is for democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

But you haven't been following the trials, so how do you expect to make an informed decision

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Isn't that the same guy who tried to claim that gag orders were unconstitutional and defendants should be allowed attack witnesses??

I think he's been corrupted by his client base

• Registered Users Posts: 82,950 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

but wait where’s your substantiation that it’s a witch hunt and a kangaroo court? Squirrel!

A jury wouldn’t have decided on a flawed case. There were lawyers in the jury box you know?

Dershowitz’s analysis seems overshadowed by his own personal grievance that he doesn’t feel welcome at Martha’s Vineyard. Weird hill to die on:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/dershowitz-argues-no-judge-will-overturn-trump-conviction-out-of-fear-of-suffering-his-fate-being-shunned-on-marthas-vineyard/

😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Now hang on a second.

He kept his underwear on while getting those massages!(his actual defence).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Which felony trials has President Biden tried to delay?

Feeling confident now about a custodial sentence.

Convicted yesterday and nothing happened.

Parole board meeting to occur next, apparently in a **** hovel of a place.

He has expressed and will express no remorse, constantly attacked the judge and daughter, attacked the jury, violated gag orders, has history (albeit no personal convictions) of fraud…

The CFO got 5 months in Rikers for similar offence.

Even if he got one month somewhere, I'd be ****ing delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭randd1

It's not just him, it's what his style of politics has brought about.

I wouldn't see Trump as the full main danger. For example, I could see him as President, and the Democrats sneakily deciding to butter him up, start saying he's the greatest president that ever lived, inviting him to red carpet events, fawning over him, including him in trade deals so he gets a cut. He'd drop the Republicans in a shot and do whatever they asked. Trump is a prostitute, he'll allow himself to be bought, whether it's attention for his ego or money for his his wallet, enough of it and he's all yours. It's just that in the Republican party there was already a cult there for the taking for the last 20 years, and gave him what he wanted.

Trump isn't the real full danger. He can be bought, and bought easily. It's the crazies he'll unleash that are the problem. The registering of pregnant women to charge them with murder if they have abortion, the rowing back on child labour laws, the lowering of the age of consent for marriage so paedophiles can marry their victims as once it's ok with God, it's ok with the law, that type of thing.

Trump is just the degenerate key to the whole thing.

As for both side arguments, there is none. It's quite clear Republicans don't want to have America, they want a religious Confederacy. On every metric, a vote now in the US for a Republican who believes in Trump is an act of treason to the US constitution and simply slitting your own throat as a country.

Leave them off. I might be that what they need as a country is to fail and rebuild better. Though any country as seemingly stuck to warped religious views the way the US is won't ever really rebuild better.

might be violating the terms of his bond in other states and court cases now…

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Alibaba

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I don't think I need a nonce's opinion thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Anyone thinking trump would improve the situation in any foreign country is a stupid idiot. There is no nicer way to say it.

The despots ran rings around him and used him to weaken the US on the world stage.

This is particularly funny.

He is such a low grade individual, all an authoritarian leader would need to say is he has lovely hair or his tan really suits him and they would be regarded as allies.

A 3 year old girl wouldn't fall for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Dershowitz's view shouldn't be so easily dismissed. I've no doubt Trump has committed all types of fraud in his working life but I'm not sure he was guilty of this particular crime.

I could give a fcuk about Trump, but if even for a second this trial is politically motivated then things are going to get a lot worse for the USA. Would Trump have been tried if he wasn't a candidate in November?

This crime is nothing compared to 6th January or election interference but I don't think this conviction will have the effect most people on here are hoping for. It may help his chances of getting re elected.

Dershowitz is right on one thing, people can't think rationally on Trump and he plays them for it.

The idea that only God fearing red necks/Qanon idiots etc etc only vote for Trump is the mistake that people keep making. A lot of his base is what the he doesn't stand for, whether that's

*DEI

*BLM

*Soft on crime/ defund the police

*open southern border

I don't know the way back for the States but the polarisation is likely only to get worse.

If the Democrats could get it back to basis with a better candidate and make it about the economy they would win in a canter. For some reason the haven't had a strong candidate in a decade

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

That's nonsense btw.

Let’s review the record. Despite inveighing against “endless wars,” Trump massively escalated the country’s existing wars in multiple theaters, leading to skyrocketing casualties. In Afghanistan, he substantially upped the amount of airstrikes, leading to a 330 percent increase in civilian deaths. In Yemen, he escalated both U.S. counterterrorism activities and support for the devastating Saudi-led war against the Houthis. According to the United Kingdom’s Bureau of Investigative Journalism, there were 2,243 drone strikes in just the first two years of Trump’s presidency, compared with 1,878 in the entire eight years of the Obama administration.

Source:

but if even for a second this trial is politically motivated then things are going to get a lot worse for the USA. Would Trump have been tried if he wasn't a candidate in November?

People need to drop the witch hunt bullshít.

He and his associates have now been charged and convicted with numerous crimes.

This happened because they committed crimes, not because of Joe Biden, the Lizard people or George Soros. It happened solely because they are criminals who have absolute no regard for the law.

Dershowitz is tubing from a badly placed camera from his sitting room because he is grifting off the back of the Trump.

He will literally say anything that makes him the most money.

So I will dismiss him outright, if you don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Stanley 1

When the lenders finally decide to call in the debts of Trump Inc., we will get the 7th bankruptcy.

The Trump brand is blown, property management companies are dumping the name off residential blocks as their value decreases by association with Trump name.

If LIV golf blows up, there will be a fire sale on his golf properties.

Merde a Larde is a business, not a home and members will walk away from a loser.

Be interesting to see if Paula Jones and the other sky pilots walk away from a felonist.

no strong candidate but won 4 of the last 3 elections and only lost the one let me check my notes oh because of the mere appearance she might have committed white collar crimes with classified info. I think your analysis missed the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

Kremlin aren’t happy with the verdict and see it as eliminating a political rival. Biden should have just pushed him out a window.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Popcorn…

https://apnews.com/live/trump-guilty-verdict-updates

4p.m. Ireland time. Be gas if no one attended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,625 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

You are not sure he is guilty? Did you sit through the trial? Were you in the jury room during the deliberations?

He has been found guilty under the system that every single person is subjected to in the US. But without any evidence whatsoever your initial view is that in this case, the entire system has become corrupted and a miscarriage of justice has been carried out.

What in particular is leading you to this position?

Advertisement